PDA

View Full Version : These refs are disgusting.

klick81
11-27-2006, 11:25 PM
The roughing the passer call against the Packers right now is the ref's penalty calling in a nutshell. Complete bullshit.

klick81
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Welp, that took any chance of coming back away from the packers.

qpeezy
11-27-2006, 11:41 PM
i agree 10000% the refs this year have gone crazy with the amount of "mistakes" they make.

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
That was just a terrible call.

Jeez, I hate to add fire to the conspiracy theorists but every single call went the Hawks way - everytime the Packers looked like getting on top - stopping a 2nd half drive - sure enough a penalty was called - roughing the passer (total BS) and numerous illegal contact penalties.

That was possibly the single worst call I have seen all year.

Wouldnt surprise me if Polian was behind most of these rule 're-emphasis's'

I won a bunch of money by taking the Hawks but this was total incompetence.

NM

klick81
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I have a feeling that this is the reason V. Young was not sacked in the game vs. the Giants. The defensive players are too worried about being penalized!

MACH1
11-28-2006, 01:26 AM
They need to do something about that rule. Cant just leave it up to the Individual ref to call it, leaves to much leeway in either direction. Its needs to be clarified better as to whats a penalty and whats not.

MACH1
11-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Wait, people bitching about the refs aginst the Cryhawks' OPPONENT? :sofunny:

No, that was a horrible call, though. The league has gotten so rule-crazy about hitting the quarterback that you might as well not even have a pass rush anymore. Any time you make a play, it's a personal foul and an automatic first down.

Having said that, I watched tonight's game with glee, because the only team I like less than the Cryhawks is the Packers. Brett Favre can go get his media slurp job some other time.

Cant belive you were rooting for the suckhawks, thats just nasty:sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
11-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Chris Mortensen said in the ESPN pre-game Monday that the competition committee is going back to the drawing board on what constitutes roughing. The current rule combines elements of flag football with requiring too may judgment calls by the refs.

Of course any fix waits until next year unless NFL HQ has a sitdaown with the refs prior to the playoffs - If a dubious roughing call goes in favor of a perceived NFL golden child such as Peyton or Brady that affects a playoff game there is going to be some serious screaming.

Infamix
11-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Chris Mortensen said in the ESPN pre-game Monday that the competition committee is going back to the drawing board on what constitutes roughing. The current rule combines elements of flag football with requiring too may judgment calls by the refs.

Of course any fix waits until next year unless NFL HQ has a sitdaown with the refs prior to the playoffs - If a dubious roughing call goes in favor of a perceived NFL golden child such as Peyton or Brady that affects a playoff game there is going to be some serious screaming.

Good, because these roughing calls are ridiculous. They make me want to turn off the TV and forget about football...so does our season at times.

BlacknGold76
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
I think this is a case where instant replay should have been used to overturn the officials call. This call was so blatantly bad that it was just sickening. That alllowed the seahags to have the winning drive to put the game away and no game should be decided by an officials really bad call. :jawdrop: Just my .02 worth.:coffee: :computer:

klick81
11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I think this is a case where instant replay should have been used to overturn the officials call. This call was so blatantly bad that it was just sickening. That alllowed the seahags to have the winning drive to put the game away and no game should be decided by an officials really bad call. :jawdrop: Just my .02 worth.:coffee: :computer:

You know, i was thinking about this last night. Would it be out of the realm of possiblity to establish something like this? Of course...the question would be who would be officiating the officials?

BlacknGold76
11-28-2006, 03:20 PM
You know, i was thinking about this last night. Would it be out of the realm of possiblity to establish something like this? Of course...the question would be who would be officiating the officials?

Good Question. It would have to be a third unbiased party. Nothing that the league would have much input in. It's pretty sad that we have to think about officiating the officials. With Instant Replay I would think anything would be possible.:tt02:

MACH1
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM

Its a good idea but I dont think anything would ever be done about it.

klick81
11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
It would have to be a third unbiased party. Nothing that the league would have much input in.

Well, you having said that, i don't think it'll ever happen.

Hawk Believer
11-28-2006, 06:08 PM
The roughing the passer call against the Packers right now is the ref's penalty calling in a nutshell. Complete bullshit.

This prolly won't make you feel any better, but the Seattle radio announcers felt the same as you about the roughing call.

klick81
11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
This prolly won't make you feel any better, but the Seattle radio announcers felt the same as you about the roughing call.

As they should. I mean, there's no blaming anyone BUT the officials. You can't blame the team for taking an opportunity that has been handed to them.

MACH1
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
As they should. I mean, there's no blaming anyone BUT the officials. You can't blame the team for taking an opportunity that has been handed to them.

Yep I agree. I went to the bar and watched the game with a friend who is a suckhawk fan and all I heard all night long was thats just payback for the SB and SB this SB that BLAH BLAH BLAH.:blah: :blah: :blah:

Elvis
11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
:tt02:
When your a Suckhawk fan or a Raadeeeeerrr fan.. then there is NO ONE to blame but the refs...:cheer: :thumbsup:

Rust-Buster
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
I listened to the game on the radio, so I couldn't tell you if it was a bad call or not.
But as a Hawks fan, I'll take it. I'd hate to get blamed for second guessing the officials.
Why that would be whining. HA HA!

fansince'76
12-02-2006, 03:11 AM
They need to do something about that rule. Cant just leave it up to the Individual ref to call it, leaves to much leeway in either direction. Its needs to be clarified better as to whats a penalty and whats not.

The subject of your sig said it best: "Quarterbacks should wear dresses." (God, I have always loved that quote) :chuckle:

fansince'76
12-02-2006, 03:34 AM
I went to the bar and watched the game with a friend who is a suckhawk fan and all I heard all night long was thats just payback for the SB and SB this SB that BLAH BLAH BLAH.:blah: :blah: :blah:

Did you ask him at the same time why the refs allowed the Seachickens to get away with a Jerramy Stevens fumble without a loss of possession, a block in the back on Ben on the long INT return and a helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines out of bounds? I would've.

SteelCityMan786
12-02-2006, 03:58 PM
When your a Suckhawk fan or a Raadeeeeerrr fan.. then there is NO ONE to blame but the refs...:cheer: :thumbsup:

Amen to that.(some of the time.

silver & black
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM

I'm not one to blame a loss on the refs, but you have to admit that the Raiders are on the crappy end of some very vague interpretations of the rules. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that gets as many shitty calls go against them as the Raiders... and always at critical points in a game.