PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Network

Infamix
11-28-2006, 08:33 AM
When this came out, I thought it was going to be a bust. I have to admit that NFLN has made alot of progress since it's debut, from its 3d animations to the crew to NFL Replay. Those NFL Game of the Weeks are amazing, like movies. I really enjoy watching this station except for the NFL Cheerleader Playoffs :cheer: cause thats just cheesey. :yawn: Some of my friends hate NFL Network. though. I was wondering what you guys here thought about it.

MACH1
11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
If only they would get rid of Peeon. Cant stand that guy

RoethlisBURGHer
11-28-2006, 02:06 PM
I loved that station,wish Time Warner wasn't a bunch of douchebags cuz they took it away.

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 03:31 PM
I hope everyone at Time Warner dies.

Right now.

Did they die yet?

Atlanta Dan
11-28-2006, 06:13 PM
NFL Network is like CNN for football for those of us who are addicted to the NFL.

The screwed up DirecTV limitations on HDTV bandwidth currently prevent regular NFL Network broadcasts in high def (surprised the league did not extort that requirement in return for the Sunday Ticket monopoly), but the NFL Network regualr season games are in high def on DirecTV Channel 95.

I agree NFL Replay is outstanding.

Ambridge
11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
The NFL Network is great and is a must for any football junkie.
I do wish however that they'd use some more imagination in the off-season programming schedule and dig into the NFL Films Vault and show some more classic games from the past.

I'll also second that with the Cheerleading garbage.
Here we are in the heart of the NFL season and they give us a force feeding of NFL Cheerleading Competition.
Ridiculous!!!

Deion and Marshall Faulk need to go.

Infamix
11-29-2006, 06:33 AM
The NFL Network is great and is a must for any football junkie.
I do wish however that they'd use some more imagination in the off-season programming schedule and dig into the NFL Films Vault and show some more classic games from the past.

I'll also second that with the Cheerleading garbage.
Here we are in the heart of the NFL season and they give us a force feeding of NFL Cheerleading Competition.
Ridiculous!!!

Deion and Marshall Faulk need to go.

Marshall ain't that bad, I think he gives good insights

Tankus_Maximus
11-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I LOVE the NFL Network...the only flaw is that Solomon guy, and that Gumbel guy....those guys are HORRIBLE!!!

Wonder if they could get Jesse "The Mind" Ventura to do play-by-play?

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I am attaching a link to a New York Times story today on NFL Network maybe not being able to muscle cable companies to carry it on regular rather than sports tier cable package since its games are carried for local teams by local stations and there are not a lot out of town fans that are screaming for NFL Network.

Arrogance of the NFL may finally have met its match in arrogance of cable companies. Yet another reason to get a satellite dish.

Writer agrees Gumbel has issues but actually likes Marshall Faulk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/28/sports/football/28sandomir.html?_r=1&ref=football&oref=slogin

ShutDown24
11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
I think Faulk does a good job... Bryant Gumbel is a joke but other than him the channel is doing very well imo.