PDA

View Full Version : anyone else....

skidboot
11-28-2006, 08:52 AM
think that we could be having major Locker Room problems?

I don't see any camraderie amongst the players.

They seemed to quit vs the Ravens.

No fire.

just going through the motions.

just wondering?

ajs8207
11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I just dont think we have any real leaders, like Bettis was last year. Someone needs to step up and nobody has.

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I just dont think we have any real leaders, like Bettis was last year. Someone needs to step up and nobody has.

im not basing your post by anymeans but these are all grown men here being paid millions of dollars to play this game...they should be able to motivate themselves...yes we need a leader but if no one is gonna step up the do it as a team and not wait for someone to step up..b-cus its a little to late for that now...and geez look at our fan base...play for us guys play for us!!

ShutDown24
11-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I can understand why people are so angry at this team this year, but for god sakes they just won us a superbowl, dont forget that so quickley. That deserves them quite a bit more slack than they are getting. Look at the Pats, the season after winning there first superbowl they didnt make the playoffs, the next two years the won the superbowl consecutivley.

BigDuke6
11-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Well somethings sure wrong. If anyone would have tried to bet me the SB XL Champs would go 4-7 to start the year and miss the playoffs, I would have bet the house against it. We only lost 3 starters fer cryin' out loud. Yes we lost Bussie too but we all said in these forums that there was enough leadership in the locker room to make up for it.
We all talked up how, Hines, Faneca, Ben, were all great leaders on offence and Peasey, Farrior, Troy, Casey etc were such great leaders on D. Not to mention how "the chin" would never allow there to be a slip in leadership.
Now here we are debating how there is no leadership.

klick81
11-28-2006, 11:40 AM
I can understand why people are so angry at this team this year, but for god sakes they just won us a superbowl, dont forget that so quickley. That deserves them quite a bit more slack than they are getting. Look at the Pats, the season after winning there first superbowl they didnt make the playoffs, the next two years the won the superbowl consecutivley.

Look. I can't STAND when people say this kind of stuff. Yes, they won the Superbowl last year. Does that bar us FANS from stating our opinions? Does that mean we shouldn't expect our team to do well? If our team doesn't do well, are we supposed to just shrug and say, "Well, they won LAST year. It's okay if the team falls apart."

NO. That is the kind of attitude that teams like the Browns have.

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
the steelers dont put up with locker room problems. besides, the games played on the field not in the showers.

theres a difference between dropping the soap and fumbling the football.

Atlanta Dan
11-28-2006, 12:16 PM
The locker room problem is that head coach apparently lost his interest in being chief motivator for the team, a particular problem coming off a Super Bowl win.

Combine that with the absence of Bettis and this team did not have new leaders to step into the gap. Ben would have been the logical player to step up, but he has his own problems to deal with since mid-summer.

I do not believe there is animosity, just the satisfaction of having finally won it once last year and being satisfied with that one win when adversity hit.

MJ5150
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
the steelers dont put up with locker room problems. besides, the games played on the field not in the showers.

I agree with the first comment, a little bit on the second.

Winning football starts way before anyone puts on shoulder pads. While I am not sure there are problems in the locker room, there is definitely a SB hangover floating around the entire franchise.

-Mike

RoethlisBURGHer
11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I agree with the first comment, a little bit on the second.

Winning football starts way before anyone puts on shoulder pads. While I am not sure there are problems in the locker room, there is definitely a SB hangover floating around the entire franchise.

-Mike

We definatly have that Super Bowl hangover.

Part of the problem will be gone when Joey Porter is gone when his contract is up.I love Joey and all,but his contract has eaten up cap space which has forced us to be unable to sign or keep players in free agency.

Oh,the NC State (Cowher's Alma Mater) HC job just opened up to...guess who's gonna retire and go coach some college ball.

HometownGal
11-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Look. I can't STAND when people say this kind of stuff. Yes, they won the Superbowl last year. Does that bar us FANS from stating our opinions? Does that mean we shouldn't expect our team to do well? If our team doesn't do well, are we supposed to just shrug and say, "Well, they won LAST year. It's okay if the team falls apart."

NO. That is the kind of attitude that teams like the Browns have.

I don't think anyone is stating or implying that you or anyone else isn't welcome to state your/their opinion(s), klick. Wanting our team to do well and expecting our team to do well are two totally different things. We as fans shouldn't expect anything. All we can do is to hope that the best group of athletes at their respective positions are put out there on the field every week and have faith that the Steelers organization and coaching staff do what they feel is best for the team to move them in the right direction. We can sit here and brainstorm, argue, debate and Monday morning QB until hell freezes over (or - until the Bengals win a Super Bowl, whichever comes first - my money is on hell), but we have to trust in the Steelers' powers that be that they know what they're doing - after all, they are the experts and have pretty much made the right decisions and choices for this franchise for much of the past 3 decades. What other fans in the NFL can boast of their team's successes as we can? I'd say as Steelers fans, we're pretty damned lucky. :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 03:23 PM

theres a difference between dropping the soap and fumbling the football.

I agree Tony. I will say one thing, for the most part this team has kept it's problems inside the locker room. Looking at a team such as Cleveland, that's not the case. You hear a WR bitching. The only aspect of football I give that team credit for this season is that they kept it inside the locker room and out of the public eye.

As for Klick's comments. Some sport the B&G sunglasses no matter what Klick. We could have a 4-7 record with a zero percent chance of making the playoffs and it will be cool as a cucumber........oh wait, nevermind. At times, your better off laughing and shaking your head.

polamalufan43
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Personally, I think it's the "Superbowl hangover." I mean, there is just something that we just can't see that happened during the off season.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
the game is just as much mental as it is physical -- mentally, we are fried... I don't think there are locker room problems as much as there are guys looking around trying to figure this thing out, frustration is setting in because it's not happening....mistakes/mental errors are snow balling....but I think this is still a good team with class that will usually keep their problems on the inside

BigDuke6
11-28-2006, 04:42 PM
SUMO --- Love your Sig - Dude

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
SUMO --- Love your Sig - Dude

thanks - Nicholson's rant in that movie is classic -

Stlrs4Life
11-28-2006, 08:08 PM

I believe Hines Ward has.

steelerbackr4life
11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes Hines has.

NV STEELERS 723
11-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't think anyone is stating or implying that you or anyone else isn't welcome to state your/their opinion(s), klick. Wanting our team to do well and expecting our team to do well are two totally different things. We as fans shouldn't expect anything. All we can do is to hope that the best group of athletes at their respective positions are put out there on the field every week and have faith that the Steelers organization and coaching staff do what they feel is best for the team to move them in the right direction. We can sit here and brainstorm, argue, debate and Monday morning QB until hell freezes over (or - until the Bengals win a Super Bowl, whichever comes first - my money is on hell), but we have to trust in the Steelers' powers that be that they know what they're doing - after all, they are the experts and have pretty much made the right decisions and choices for this franchise for much of the past 3 decades. What other fans in the NFL can boast of their team's successes as we can? I'd say as Steelers fans, we're pretty damned lucky. :tt02:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

We are lucky...we are not used to losing like the Bungholes, and Browns.... and next year I think the Bears might only win 3 games

steelerbackr4life
11-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Another player that I have noticed that is always flying around and giving up the body is a special teamer. Sean Morey. I dont know about his off field leadership but he certainly plays with fire between the sidelines.

skidboot
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
We as fans shouldn't expect anything.

I think we should expect an effort.

Sunday was a joke.....a real bad joke.

It just seems to me that the players are waiting for something to go wrong and when it does they just "Oh well, here we go again" it.

Where is the viciousness?
Where is the heart?
Where is the desire?
Where is the pride?

I don't care if we go 0-16 with the guys giving it all out there on the field BUT to give no effort is unacceptable IMO.

Saying this I wanna see the Bucs get steamrolled on Sunday.