PDA

View Full Version : MNF Observations

sumo
11-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Last night was the Brett Favre show - each of the broadcasters went on and on about how great Brett was before the game, during the game, and then towards the end of the game made excuses for him - because he threw three horrible pics - sorry can't stop writing about this yet - they also had Brett talk about himslef and how great he is and of course he referred to himself in the 3rd person, so he could appear objective - then they did the obligatory comparison to all the other streaks in sports and then got really sick talking about streaks for Broadway shows (of course Corn has seen all of them), movies, songs - had Steve Young come on and say he's a chump compared to Favre, it was tough for Theismann but he said the same thing - ok, I'm gonna kill myself -but wait there's one more reference - Jay Cutler is going to start for the Broncos - that makes 299 different QBS that have played since Brett started his streak..

Jeremy Stevens is still a chump - Dropped three huge passes - got hit in the legs with a pass he didn't see coming while standing in the end zone - got booed repeatedly by the 12th man

Cornheiser's piece on great bald people is meaningless, because none of them have greased comb-overs like he does, so he is in fact insulting them...

The refs still suck - they made a roughing the passer call that was about as bad as I have seen this year

Jimmy Kimmel asking Joe -"how's your leg?" - freakin hilarious - he was the first really good guest they've had this year

The piece on Holmgren was cool - they showed black and white pics of him and Steve Young when they were at BYU in the early 80s...

The snow was great - love watching snow games - Kimmel saying "Madden would love this if he was still alive.." - pretty funny - and then the broadcasters say "he is! - he's at CBS" - which of course is wrong - Madden's at NBC - gotta love the ESPN team..

It was a good game

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 12:55 PM
had Steve Young come on and say he's a chump compared to Favre

:chuckle:

that td pass to driver was a great catch and run though. ahhhh. the smell of snow games is in the air!

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Nice observations Sumo!

I dont know who that Kimmel guy is but the way he had Theissman biting was great to watch - al those digs about not wearing gloves etc.

I really can't explain what happened to Stevens on the pass that hit his legs - he just totally switched off on the play.

He caught one in the end - so my FF points got a timely boost - back to Gonzo next week though.

NM

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Nice observations Sumo!

I dont know who that Kimmel guy is but the way he had Theissman biting was great to watch - al those digs about not wearing gloves etc.

I really can't explain what happened to Stevens on the pass that hit his legs - he just totally switched off on the play.

He caught one in the end - so my FF points got a timely boost - back to Gonzo next week though.

NM

You've never seen Kimmel before? -- he has a show every night here in the states - he used to make Football predictions and do skits (Gramatica bros one was the best) on Fox's pregame show a few years back - the guy always kills...

MACH1
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
You've never seen Kimmel before? -- he has a show every night here in the states - he used to make Football predictions and do skits (Gramatica bros one was the best) on Fox's pregame show a few years back - the guy always kills...

The Man Show - cant beat girls on trampolines :lust: :drinkup:

sumo
11-28-2006, 05:18 PM
The Man Show - cant beat girls on tramplines :lust: :drinkup:

totally forgot about it!! -- the foul mouthed kid was my favorite - the man show absolutely killed!!