PDA

View Full Version : LITP's Game 10 Power Rankings

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Time for an update.

1. San Diego Chargers (+2) - Have gone from strength to strength in the last two weeks - showing an ability to win games from behind and staying disciplined. Still not at full strength on D - which is pretty scary.

2. Indy Colts (-1) - The offense appears to be in prime form and the run D slightly improved - the loss to Dallas ensured questions about Indy's ability to deal with the 3-4 resurfaced.

3. Baltimore Ravens (+3) - Still finding different ways to win games - the D is as awesome as ever and the offense doesn't appear to be as much of a burden as it was earlier in the season.

4. New England Patriots (-) - Key victory against Chicago gives them a rare win against high quality opposition this year. Will not face true high level AFC competition until the playoffs. Remaining schedule would suggest a 12-4 finish.

5. Chicago Bears (-) - Tough loss to New England - the defense showed what an impact it can make against good offenses. Grossman is playing like Brett favre and makes most of his deep throws with one eye on PI calls.

6. Dallas Cowboys (+9) - You have to impressed with the start Romo has made to his pro-career as a starting QB. Came through a tough test against Indy with flying colors after a tough start - threw for 5 TD's against Tampa. Combined with a talented D and good RB this is a team to watch amongst the medicority of the NFC.

7. Denver Bronco's (-5) - A change of QB and a slightly less than dominant running game along with back-2-back defeats mean a slip for the Bronco's. Cutler is the new guy at QB and will doubtless commit typical rookie mistakes - is the D and the running game strong enough to take up the slack while he learns his position?

8. Cincinnati Bengals (+4) - The offense has caught fire in recent weeks and Chad Johnson is a happy camper again - but for how long? The O-Line seems to have improved its game and is giving Carson time to make his plays. The defense, while still hugely suspect, has been much happier playing with a healthy lead where it can ball hawk and not worry too much about the run.

9. Seattle Seahawks (+7) - Kept the season alive whilst missing their two most important offensive players. Now that Hasselback and Alexander are back this team will run the Bears close for the NFC No.1 seed. Tackling on Defense is still a major worry - made Green Bay look like Indy last night.

10. New Orleans Saints(-2) - Haven't suffered the drop off many expected and still looking strong at 7-4. Brees contender for MVP and Colston good bet for ROY.

And the rest.......

11.Kansas City Chiefs (-)
12. N.Y. Jets (+6)
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (-4)
14. Carolina Panthers (-)
15. Miami Dolphins (+8)
16. Buffalo Bills (+5)
17. N.Y Giants (-10)
18. Atlanta Falcons (-8)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (-6)
20. San Francisco 49ers (+6)
21. Minnesota Vikings (-4)
22. St. Louis Rams (-3)
23. Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)
24. Tennessee Titans (+6)
25. Washington Redskins (-3)
26. Green Bay Packers (-2)
27. Oakland Raiders (+4)
28. Tampa Bay Bucs (-3)
29. Cleveland Browns (-1)
30. Houston Texans (-1)
31. Arizona Cardinals (+1)
32. Detriot Lions (-5)

Big moves up for Dallas and Seattle mainly due to key personnel upgrades at QB.

Big fallers Denver and Giants have big issues at QB.

Dark horse contenders - N.Y. Jets who have been very solid and the Titans who have made the transition to the Young era and given their fans hope for the future.

Again, any thoughts welcome.,

Apart from boLT fan - who is just a nit-picker :flap:

NM

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 01:53 PM
5. Chicago Bears (-) - Tough loss to New England - the defense showed what an impact it can make against good defenses. Grossman is playing like Brett favre and makes most of his deep throws with one eye on PI calls.

:confused:

7. Denver Bronco's (-5) - A change of QB and a slightly less than dominant running game along with back-2-back defeats mean a slip for the Bronco's. Cutler is the new guy at QB and will doubt commit typical rookie mistakes - is the D and the running game strong enough to take up the slack while he learns his position?

:confused: huh?

8. Cincinnati Bengals (+4) - The offense has caught fire in recent weeks and Chad Johnson is a happy camper again - but for how long? The O-Line seems to have improved its game and is giving Carson time to make his plays. The defense, while still hugely suspect, has been much happier playing with a healthy lead where it can ball hawk and not worry too much about the run.

very pete priscoish. :thumbsup: dont quit your day job! :chuckle:

(i believe there is a sticky for this sort of material) :blurp:

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 02:11 PM
my bad, after the slew of editorial mistakes, i almost forgot to grade the content. silly of me. while these power rankings are a dime a dozen and virtually the same across the board, there is something to be said for having an eye towards the future rather than looking at current records and standings. with that being said i cant see how anyone would rank the chiefs 11 and the broncos 7.

the cowboys seem much more stable offensively than the patriots. with bledsoe out, it doesnt look like they will be committing 4-5 turn overs a game every time they face decent opposition.

the bengals are just as schitzophrenic as the jags, dolphins, panthers, falcons and eagles. their schedule points to a heavy slide especially when teams are running the ball down their throats in late december. bengals deserve to be mid pack, just as their schedule suggests.

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Apart from boLT fan - who is just a nit-picker :flap:

NM

WTF is this! :willy:

hardwork
11-28-2006, 03:55 PM
The only thing I'd quibble about, LITP, is the Steelers. They belong in the bottom 5. (27-0 against the ratbirds? lol, wow)

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I know it seems petty - but my favorite team after the Steelers is the Cards - do you have to put them dead last behind the Lions even? - they have the same record as Detroit - a team they beat!! - so I'm lobbying hard to have them moved from 32 to 31 -- thank you!!

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
The only thing I'd quibble about, LITP, is the Steelers. They belong in the bottom 5. (27-0 against the ratbirds? lol, wow)

Thats fair enough.

Even though they have been abysmal for large parts of the year, they do have talent on the team that is capable (when the stars align) to beat alot of teams in the NFL.

I'd find that hard to imagine when thinking about the Cardinals or the Lions.

NM

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I know it seems petty - but my favorite team after the Steelers is the Cards - do you have to put them dead last behind the Lions even? - they have the same record as Detroit - a team they beat!! - so I'm lobbying hard to have them moved from 32 to 31 -- thank you!!

Its a tough call down there.

In fact you may well be right - the head to head is worth taking into consideration and the cardinals do have a useful rookie at QB.

Consider it done, sumo.

NM

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Thats fair enough.

I'd find that hard to imagine when thinking about the Cardinals or the Lions.

NM

EEEEAASY - the Cards almost beat the Bears:thumbsup:

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Its a tough call down there.

In fact you may well be right - the head to head is worth taking into consideration and the cardinals do have a useful rookie at QB.

Consider it done, sumo.

NM

YES!!!!:jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

silver & black
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Woo hoo! We moved up 4 spots! :banana:

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Woo hoo! We moved up 4 spots! :banana:

You should get to move up another just for firing Tom Walsh. :sofunny:

Elvis
11-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Baltimore N
Chicago
should be 1 and 2
what a super bowl that would be...:wave:

Atlanta Dan
11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
I agree the top 4 teams are the current AFC division leaders - AFC playoffs are going to be wild.

Bears deserve #5 but am I the only one that cannot see Grossman getting through 2 playoff games even if they are in Chicago?

My September Super Bowl prediction was Seahawks-Pats. I will stick with that if the Pats can get a first round bye. I think the Ravens will end up 12-4, but I do not know how the Pats will end up ahead of the Chargers. Any suggestions LITP?

hardwork
11-28-2006, 11:34 PM
The Patriots CAN beat anybody, including Indy, Denver, and the Chargers. The question is WILL they? They won't if they don't stop making the mistakes they've been making on offense. No way they can beat the Chargers or the Colts if they cough the ball up 2 or 3 times against them. And if you throw to Watson sooner or later he's going to cough it up, drop it, whatever.

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 05:36 AM
I agree the top 4 teams are the current AFC division leaders - AFC playoffs are going to be wild.

Bears deserve #5 but am I the only one that cannot see Grossman getting through 2 playoff games even if they are in Chicago?

My September Super Bowl prediction was Seahawks-Pats. I will stick with that if the Pats can get a first round bye. I think the Ravens will end up 12-4, but I do not know how the Pats will end up ahead of the Chargers. Any suggestions LITP?

In terms of AFC seedings I can't see the Chargers finishing worse than 12-4.

Out of their final 5 fixtures they have two inter-division battles against Denver and Kansas which probably offer the best hope of potential losses.

Kansas has an improved D this year, but their offense is not quite upto the standards set in recent years - and of course the remaining fixture isn't at Arrowhead.

Denver is very capable of dragging any team into a low scoring contest and winning it - including an LT inspired Chargers - although they failed last time out conceding 35 points.

Cutler remains a total unknown factor - Denver will be hoping he doesn't throw the ball away and can move the ball on 3rd down - Plummer failed to get the job done at all.

The Seahawks are more than capable of beating anyone in the NFC, but I can't see them upsetting an AFC powerhouse.

Here's how I have the final seedings in the AFC.

1. Colts 15-1
2. Chargers 14-2
3. Ravens 12-4
4. Patriots 12-4

5. Denver 11-5
6. Kansas 11-5

NM

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 05:57 AM
The Patriots CAN beat anybody, including Indy, Denver, and the Chargers. The question is WILL they? They won't if they don't stop making the mistakes they've been making on offense. No way they can beat the Chargers or the Colts if they cough the ball up 2 or 3 times against them. And if you throw to Watson sooner or later he's going to cough it up, drop it, whatever.

I think the Patriots have been very unlucky with turnovers, and especially interceptions this year.

Brady has thrown 11 picks this year and I reckon at least 5 or 6 of them have been balls that have been tipped up into the air and dropped right into the DB's hands.

I watched Hasselbeck and Favre share 6 INT's the other night and none of them were from tipped balls, and even though the ball did balloon up in the air quite a few times it always seemed to drop in space.

Ben Watson sometimes drops the easy balls, then makes the circus catch - just like he did against the Bears.

I thought he was unlucky that the Bears DB managed to lay his helmet directly on the ball as he was returning to the ground and punch it out - of course, the Bears practice such things.

I agree that the turnovers have to be limited to 1 or 2 against playoff opposition.

I think a telling stat is our redzone scoring efficiency on offense and defense - we are ranked the 2nd best in the NFL at scoring TD's (64.3%) and 3rd best at conceding TD's (38.1%).

This should be mean that cutting out the big play against us, the type that happened regularly last year, should mean its tough for teams to score aginst us.

NM

augustashark
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I think the Patriots have been very unlucky with turnovers, and especially interceptions this year.

Brady has thrown 11 picks this year and I reckon at least 5 or 6 of them have been balls that have been tipped up into the air and dropped right into the DB's hands.

I watched Hasselbeck and Favre share 6 INT's the other night and none of them were from tipped balls, and even though the ball did balloon up in the air quite a few times it always seemed to drop in space.

Ben Watson sometimes drops the easy balls, then makes the circus catch - just like he did against the Bears.

I thought he was unlucky that the Bears DB managed to lay his helmet directly on the ball as he was returning to the ground and punch it out - of course, the Bears practice such things.

I agree that the turnovers have to be limited to 1 or 2 against playoff opposition.

I think a telling stat is our redzone scoring efficiency on offense and defense - we are ranked the 2nd best in the NFL at scoring TD's (64.3%) and 3rd best at conceding TD's (38.1%).

This should be mean that cutting out the big play against us, the type that happened regularly last year, should mean its tough for teams to score aginst us.

NM

Sorry Litp, but turnovers have nothing to do with luck. Either you turn the ball over or you don't. The other guys get paid to make plays also. Hell we should know.....We are dead last in turnover margin!

sumo
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM

NM

Correction, the first pic that Hasselbeck threw was tipped right of the forehead of a defensive lineman - he knew it would be a pic as soon as it left his hand, he started running down field to make the tackle

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Correction, the first pic that Hasselbeck threw was tipped right of the forehead of a defensive lineman - he knew it would be a pic as soon as it left his hand, he started running down field to make the tackle

My bad, good call Sumo.

NM

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Sorry Litp, but turnovers have nothing to do with luck. Either you turn the ball over or you don't. The other guys get paid to make plays also. Hell we should know.....We are dead last in turnover margin!

Im not talking about the generating of turnovers in general, but specifically balls that are tipped at the LOS.

There is no way that those guys have any control whatsoever on where that ball is going to land.

Sure, it helps if you have a well drilled team that half expects those balls to go in the air, but I maintain that it is largely luck that'll determine if its picked.

NM

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by sumo

drumroll pleaseMy bad, good call Sumo.

NM

:chuckle:

I didn't see an obvious bend of the arm in contact (I may have missed it) so im hoping its badly sprained and we may get the old guy back for the postseason.

"(I may have missed it)" - whats new?

3 to be 4
12-01-2006, 10:36 PM
so after that wonderful display by Baltimore against the Bengals, any changes?

what will make these playoffs truly wild is that there is no sure bet hands down favorite. Every team is flawed. its a year a #5 seed could surprise some people. If the Chiefs do what truly good teams do, and take care of business at Cleveland to go 8-4, im going to become a real believer in them. They seem built for the playoffs. Defense, running game, Green getting healthy. I knew when Edwards came it was an upgrade over Vermeil.

it cracks me up watching the great Drew Bledsoe being shown up AGAIN by the backup. The numbers may get Drew into the HOF, but what kind of HOF gets benched by 3 teams because he sucks?

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 11:59 PM
so after that wonderful display by Baltimore against the Bengals, any changes?

what will make these playoffs truly wild is that there is no sure bet hands down favorite. Every team is flawed. its a year a #5 seed could surprise some people. If the Chiefs do what truly good teams do, and take care of business at Cleveland to go 8-4, im going to become a real believer in them. They seem built for the playoffs. Defense, running game, Green getting healthy. I knew when Edwards came it was an upgrade over Vermeil.

it cracks me up watching the great Drew Bledsoe being shown up AGAIN by the backup. The numbers may get Drew into the HOF, but what kind of HOF gets benched by 3 teams because he sucks?
tamarick vanover, snoop minnus, sylvester morris

its sad when e. kennison can be a major upgrade
its sad when letting go of j. morton can be an upgrade
its sad when j. horn was the best wr they have sniffed in years and they gave up on him right before he busted out.

wr has always been their major weakness in the past 10 years despite their short comings on defense.

losing d. thomas set them back just like losing j. brown set philly back, but they have always been one #1 wr away from offensive superiority. LJ can make up for that just like LT does for the chargers. if they are given the same amount of luck in the playoffs, id say this years chiefs or chargers are hands down better than the 01 patriots.

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 12:12 AM

sometimes litp needs the obvious things explained to him. i guess if he cant punch numbers into a computer formula, to do the thinking for him, its not too obvious.

3 to be 4
12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
tamarick vanover, snoop minnus, sylvester morris

its sad when e. kennison can be a major upgrade
its sad when letting go of j. morton can be an upgrade
its sad when j. horn was the best wr they have sniffed in years and they gave up on him right before he busted out.

wr has always been their major weakness in the past 10 years despite their short comings on defense.

losing d. thomas set them back just like losing j. brown set philly back, but they have always been one #1 wr away from offensive superiority. LJ can make up for that just like LT does for the chargers. if they are given the same amount of luck in the playoffs, id say this years chiefs or chargers are hands down better than the 01 patriots.

:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

now, its coming back it me what it was like watching the Patriots in the 70's and 80's.

HOW, do you blow a 28-14 lead against the Browns? And I have tickets to next weeks Ravens-Chiefs game at Arrowhead. I was so looking forward to match of 9-3 and 8-4 teams. My enthusiasm is much less.

although, the Patriots ho-hum, found a way to win. AGAIN. It should be a happy day as my lifelong team goes to 9-3. But maybe I was getting to into the fun of watching a rising team again.

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 04:41 PM
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

now, its coming back it me what it was like watching the Patriots in the 70's and 80's.

HOW, do you blow a 28-14 lead against the Browns? And I have tickets to next weeks Ravens-Chiefs game at Arrowhead. I was so looking forward to match of 9-3 and 8-4 teams. My enthusiasm is much less.

although, the Patriots ho-hum, found a way to win. AGAIN. It should be a happy day as my lifelong team goes to 9-3. But maybe I was getting to into the fun of watching a rising team again.if the steelers were still in it this would be a great win for the browns. but theyre not so its great for the bengals. good thing is, is that the bengals suck and the chiefs should still have a good edge for the 5th or 6th seed.

oh, and you cant too happy with the patriots homefield struggles. theyre great on the road, but then again, their toughest road game has been against the bungles *snicker*

silver & black
12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, the Raiders can go down to 32 now. Words can't express how much this sucks.:banging: :dang:

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 12:56 AM
if the steelers were still in it this would be a great win for the browns. but theyre not so its great for the bengals. good thing is, is that the bengals suck and the chiefs should still have a good edge for the 5th or 6th seed.

oh, and you cant too happy with the patriots homefield struggles. theyre great on the road, but then again, their toughest road game has been against the bungles *snicker*

Wow - the mentality of a guy who talks smack about a 9-3 team, when his own loses to teams like Oakland - gets humiliated by the hated Ravens, lets Mike Vick finally resemble an NFL QB ...wow..the list goes on.....

Funny or sad...maybe a little of both.

NM

tony hipchest
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Wow - the mentality of a guy who talks smack about a 9-3 team, when his own loses to teams like Oakland - gets humiliated by the hated Ravens, lets Mike Vick finally resemble an NFL QB ...wow..the list goes on.....

Funny or sad...maybe a little of both.

NMdamn, i really hit you where it hurts. your response has me questioning the makup of a patfan who squats on a steelerboard just to police the thoughts of steelerfans in regards to the patriots.

serious control and insecurity issues there. seriously, has anyone ever offered a non glowing opinion of the patriots that you had enough self control to keep your nose out of?

were it not for a few strokes of "bad luck" :chuckle: (what we call interceptions) for your opponents my 10-6 prediction would be spot on. thats gotta be killing you. the pats are playing like a 9-7 team. oh, and they have pretty much sucked at home.

so what is the extent of vrabels injury? that could be potentially devestating.
no seau or harrison. a homefield advantage that doesnt exist. commiting 4 turnovers every game. not looking too good there for the playoffs there, patfan. scared of a 1st round matchup with the cheifs?

oh, but the steelers have a 5-7 record, i cant talk about any other team. :busted:

you need a tissue for your issues? thats always been the problem with these 20th century patfans. since their team has been winning they think it gives them the exclusive right to have opinions.

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
damn, i really hit you where it hurts. your response has me questioning the makup of a patfan who squats on a steelerboard just to police the thoughts of steelerfans in regards to the patriots.

serious control and insecurity issues there. seriously, has anyone ever offered a non glowing opinion of the patriots that you had enough self control to keep your nose out of?

were it not for a few strokes of "bad luck" :chuckle: (what we call interceptions) for your opponents my 10-6 prediction would be spot on. thats gotta be killing you. the pats are playing like a 9-7 team. oh, and they have pretty much sucked at home.

so what is the extent of vrabels injury? that could be potentially devestating.
no seau or harrison. a homefield advantage that doesnt exist. commiting 4 turnovers every game. not looking too good there for the playoffs there, patfan. scared of a 1st round matchup with the cheifs?

oh, but the steelers have a 5-7 record, i cant talk about any other team. :busted:

you need a tissue for your issues? thats always been the problem with these 20th century patfans. since their team has been winning they think it gives them the exclusive right to have opinions.

And the obsession continues.

Im only saying that attempting to lay smack on the 9-3 Patriots while your team struggles to 5-7 makes you look foolish - not an uncommon state of affairs from what I can tell.

Maybe in Tony's world, Patriot interceptions ( we have the joint league leader in that department) can be cancelled out whilst the ones Brady throws stay on the records...what a funny, delusional guy you are.

I've seen plenty of anti-Patriots stuff, naturally enough on a Steelers forum, only its always done with a little more intelligence than you display in your posts.

Its not so much anti-Patriots as anti-intelligent.

Its like a Cardinals or Lions fan coming on here talking smack - its lame because their teams suck.

So does yours, little man.

NM

tony hipchest
12-04-2006, 11:57 AM
And the obsession continues.

Im only saying that attempting to lay smack on the 9-3 Patriots while your team struggles to 5-7 makes you look foolish - not an uncommon state of affairs from what I can tell.

Maybe in Tony's world, Patriot interceptions ( we have the joint league leader in that department) can be cancelled out whilst the ones Brady throws stay on the records...what a funny, delusional guy you are.

I've seen plenty of anti-Patriots stuff, naturally enough on a Steelers forum, only its always done with a little more intelligence than you display in your posts.

Its not so much anti-Patriots as anti-intelligent.

Its like a Cardinals or Lions fan coming on here talking smack - its lame because their teams suck.

So does yours, little man.

NM...said the message boards resident thought patroll officer :busted:

an attempted insult by you is about as severe as a rent-a-cop telling me to put out my cigarette :smoker:

the patriots are struggling big time and will choke in the playoffs just like last year. you dont have to be a fan of a winning team to tell that.

any update on vrabel being done for the year, or would you just prefer to make this a personal issue? (dumb question. i already know the answer.)

care to deny the pats homefield woes? as the patriots struggle your sense of self worth plummets. its a beautiful thing to watch.

Big D
12-04-2006, 12:54 PM
and let the pissing match continue

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 02:23 PM

Its ok.

This thread is old news, so I thought i'd indulge Tony's need to try and lay smack on superior teams.

As it happens to he already tried to troll this thread right at the start, but that was when I didn't want it filled up with his continuous nonsense, so I just simply ignored it.

I know that upsets him even more.

NM

Haiku_Dirtt
12-04-2006, 09:30 PM

God. Let's hope so. All we need are pistols and a couple bottles of whiskey.

Memo to AFC playoff teams...the Jacksonville Jaguars are contenders.

silver & black
12-09-2006, 07:51 AM
You should get to move up another just for firing Tom Walsh. :sofunny:

I hear you! :cheers:

Hines0wnz
12-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Bench Rex!! Bench Rex!!

:jerkit: