PDA

View Full Version : Cower should stay!!

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
People can say all they want about this year with Cower not looking like he cares but doesnt the whole team look this way...does that mean we release the whole team..NO!!...1 bad season and ppl want to run him off..look at his record...hes 1 year removed from a Super Bowl which is the greatest run an NFL team has ever had in history...its a SuperBowl hangover for everyone on this team...trust me we will be back in full effect next year...lets stay positive here STEELER NATION!!!:tt02:

Regardless of record, dont we all still get the same feeling sitting in Heinz Field when the Pre-Game music gets bumping:tt02: :tt02:

MACH1
11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
It starts at the top. And he's allready gone (daydreaming about NC)

HometownGal
11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
People can say all they want about this year with Cower not looking like he cares but doesnt the whole team look this way...does that mean we release the whole team..NO!!...1 bad season and ppl want to run him off..look at his record...hes 1 year removed from a Super Bowl which is the greatest run an NFL team has ever had in history...its a SuperBowl hangover for everyone on this team...trust me we will be back in full effect next year...lets stay positive here STEELER NATION!!!:tt02:

Regardless of record, dont we all still get the same feeling sitting in Heinz Field when the Pre-Game music gets bumping:tt02: :tt02:

Saints be praised!!! Finally - someone who isn't spouting off with the "what have you done for me lately" jibberish!!! I'm spent on this subject, so I'm just going to leave it at - great post R2sojr! :cheers:

stlrtruck
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM

I would agree with you if he had the same emotion, the same intensity, the same fire, and the same passion for the game. But it's clear, to me, that he no longer has all those things within him and it has filtered down to the team and on to the field.

Hines86Ward
11-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I would agree with you if he had the same emotion, the same intensity, the same fire, and the same passion for the game. But it's clear, to me, that he no longer has all those things within him and it has filtered down to the team and on to the field.

Cosign that....

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
stlrtruck and bcrabt, I agree. Take a few years off down in NC. Come back when your words will actually be heard and your rules followed. They obviously were not this season. Maybe the next team, your words will get through. Everybody enjoyed XL, thanks for the memories but it's time to look to this franchise's future and after witnessing Cowher's demeanor this season it's time to move on and bring in somebody who has some fire, determination and who will be heard and understood by the players.

Preacher
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Cosign that....

Trisign that... if that is a word?!

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
well then lets all give up on the whole team...just because Cowers down and out doesnt mean everyone else has to..look at all the players they have the same emotions as Bill...if your a gorwn man and you cant get up for football then you shouldnt be playing...everyones so negative and has no positive thoughts....everyone wanted bill gone before we got Ben....then everyone loved him when we werew winning....now were not and everyone wants to let him go....im through with this because when we win everyones loves them but when were not all the negs come out...shame shame:banging:

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM

Heres a questions for all those with the same feeling

"AFTER YOU EAT DO YOU STILL FELL HUNGRY"?....SAME CONCEPT AS THIS SEASON

OUR BELLYS ARE FULL THIS YEAR BUT WERE STARTING TO DIGEST AND WILL BE HUNRY NEXT SEASON!!!

BigDuke6
11-28-2006, 05:35 PM
well then lets all give up on the whole team...just because Cowers down and out doesnt mean everyone else has to..look at all the players they have the same emotions as Bill...if your a gorwn man and you cant get up for football then you shouldnt be playing...everyones so negative and has no positive thoughts....everyone wanted bill gone before we got Ben....then everyone loved him when we werew winning....now were not and everyone wants to let him go....im through with this because when we win everyones loves them but when were not all the negs come out...shame shame:banging:

If you're through, you're through. Doesnt mean we are. Doesnt mean we arent going to 2nd guess HC, FO, OC, DC anybody we want. We're fans. Thats what we do.

BigDuke6
11-28-2006, 05:37 PM
And another thing....back in the day...I was a big fan of whacking Chuck Noll at the end of his tenure. He was over and out as HC of the Steelers. That didnt mean I didnt love him through all 4 SB victories and all the great seasons we had under him. But when its time, its time. Chuck himself would tell you he stayed one or two seasons too long. Bill - its time.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Heres a questions for all those with the same feeling

"AFTER YOU EAT DO YOU STILL FELL HUNGRY"?....SAME CONCEPT AS THIS SEASON

OUR BELLYS ARE FULL THIS YEAR BUT WERE STARTING TO DIGEST AND WILL BE HUNRY NEXT SEASON!!!So the 75 and 79 Steelers must have had some big tummys.

Elvis
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
:tt02:
I for one am Not giving up on my team.. I love the Steelers and all that they stand for.. Cowher still needs to finish what he started here 14 years ago and that means not leaving this team in a shamble... I believe he will be back and with all the talent we have on this team and one or two new players and Big Ben not to have the offseason that he has had and this team Will Be Back!!!! I guarentee IT!!!:wave: :helmet:

polamalufan43
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I've said and asked this before...

DOES ANYONE HONESTLY THINK COWHER WILL LEAVE WITH A LOSING RECORD?????

NOT A CHANCE

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Ward86XL
11-28-2006, 07:34 PM

Ok.. I respect the fact that you're not turning against a single guy just because of one bad season but i really don't think that is what it comes down to in this case. The obvious problem is that Cowher is not himself this year. Think about it... when do you ever see cowher screaming and spitting everywhere this season.. the most common reaction i see from him is his mouth closed grinning and shaking his head in disappointment.. so im not saying that he doesnt care but he doesnt have that passion anymore like he did throughout his years.. the other thing is that you cant say that the other players need to step up and put their passion into the game cuz of course they're going to do that no matter what but if you have a head coach who doesnt have the same passion as you then you're passion is going to decrease even if you try really hard because if your LEADER lost it then it reflects that onto the team..

Alright one more thing.. Cowher is a great coach but one of his biggest flaws is when he puts too much trust in his quarterbacks.. he basically gives the QBs their say on everything and gives them whatever they want.. He never changes the QBs unless they get hurt.. and im not sayin if a quarterback is just having a bad game or a bad season to take him out but year after year? You have to make bold decisions in this league like the Broncos.. i mean come on their 7-4 and are taking a big risk by putting Jay Cutler in as QB... Look at the Cowboys... same situation with Romo.. So that is where all the anger comes out when Bill doesnt try to make any drastic changes.. and go figure every time one of our QBs got hurt the back up QB played amazing and became starters.. so i understand when people criticize him.. which is what you do when you're a fan.. you're only kidding yourself if you believe everything is great all the time.. but i do agree that we shouldnt say get rid of Bill its just i would like to some improvements with him and if hes not willing to step up than maybe his time is up.. oh and heres another case with the QB.. Big Ben was obviously not ready for this season considering everything he went thru but Bill gave Ben the decision whether he was able to play and he should have reconsidered his decision about that because it lead us to our record now.. i believe that if he would have just kept batch in we would have a better chance of getting the team into a flow and gain their confidence.. but since Ben played terrible and Cowher had no emotion the team basically lost everything they used to have..

Atlanta Dan
11-28-2006, 07:57 PM
I would recommend a comment from Ed.B. from the P-G's online chat today (but I would always recommend Ed.B. - he is even better with the insights when it is not going well) on what is going on with Cowher:

PhillyMarty: Ed: The team obviously is no longer responding to Cowher's motivational techniques. One sports psychologist who has previously worked with the team told me that last year, the team was responding more to Bettis than to the coach. Last summer he voiced concern as to what would ensue upon Jerome's retirement. The team's most recent play would support that opinion and would suggest Cowher may have even realized it, hence the retirement talk last off-season. Care to comment?

Ed Bouchette: No.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06332/741872-66.stm

I think Cowher and his wife (maybe more than her husband) knew the game was up for his Steelers' career last season and now believe he was as amazed as the rest of us that the team caught fire in mid-December.

To his credit, I do believe he thought the Steelers were stuck if he would have quit in February and wanted to give them a shot to plan for his successor. An open competition does not favor Whiz.

ChronoCross
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Does not matter what we all think. And we all know the Rooney's would never fire Coach Cowher and I do hate to see him go but he is going to retire from NFL Football.

Ya he has looked like ulter dissappointment all season long but it is not the same Coach we are use to. He is not out there screaming and coaching. He has the look that players and coaches get when there going to retire. And Cowher stated years ago when his youngest daughter Grads he will retire from the NFL.

Cowher made the biggest mistake this year pushing Ben back before he was healthy. Ben has not had a chance to heal. Ben will never be the same again if he does not get a chance to get healthy. Sometimes pushing a QB back to soon off a injury can severly hurt there career. You can see the effects of the accident are playing a role in his play. And it does not help that are offensive line has had Ben on his back. Cowher could of made the smart choice start Batch for the first 5 to 6 games, let the boy heal for god sakes. By that time Ben would be ok and ready to go. No Ben is in play getting his head knocked off, not getting a chance to heal. Simply starting batch for the good part of the first of the season we would most likely not be in this spot and playing with some type of heart. A QB playing bad can easly also take the ump out of a team. Having the SB High hurts, but having a QB that is playing bad also really hurts the spirit of the team. Ben cost us the Raiders game and cost us points in almost every game with all them INTs. Telling ya now Batch would of got us atleast 3 wins out of the losses we took. All the bad stuff that has happen there is really nothing we can do are take back but that is one thing I wish we could do is go back smack Cowher and have him rest Ben until he was Healthy.

I am rambling but oh god there was so much they could of done at the beginning of the season to keep some of the losses from happening and keeping the team play with some heart and enough heart to get them to the playoffs and maybe in the playoffs they would of seen they could do it and gain motivation as well. Considering both us and bengals minus one game here are there have practically the hardest schedule in the league this year.

Stlrs4Life
11-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Don't worry, all this exact same stuff was said in 2003, he lost this, he lost that, then turns around and wins a SB in 2 years.

NV STEELERS 723
11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Everybody here has made some constructive points...I wish BC would stay here for another 15 years, and Ben got more time to heal... I'm concerned for Ben as a human being.. not our STEELERS QB... this tough kid has been knocked around like a dummy since his accident.... and still after that hit Sunday, he "trotted" off the field... tough kid from OH !!!!

This is a place for fans to "sound off" about our beloved STEELERS; I realize that....Believe me our STEELERS will be back next year... the draft will help us, and Ben will be better too... we have to get back to STEELERS football... passing it 25 x's tops, and controlling the line of scrimage w/ the run.....

WE WILL LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!

Ambridge
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
stlrtruck and bcrabt, I agree. Take a few years off down in NC. Come back when your words will actually be heard and your rules followed. They obviously were not this season. Maybe the next team, your words will get through. Everybody enjoyed XL, thanks for the memories but it's time to look to this franchise's future and after witnessing Cowher's demeanor this season it's time to move on and bring in somebody who has some fire, determination and who will be heard and understood by the players.

:iagree: That's one of the best damn posts on the whole Cowher situation!!

NV STEELERS 723
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
:iagree: That's one of the best damn posts on the whole Cowher situation!!

Joe Gibbs came back too...:shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01:

Ambridge
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Joe Gibbs came back too...:shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01:

I think Joe stayed away a little too long.
Still gotta love all the :dollar: :dollar: Dan Snyder shelled out on players and coaches and he still hasn't won squat in Washington.