PDA

View Full Version : No negative ppl allowed!!

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 05:20 PM
This is only for positive thoughts since most have nothing positive to say...it was a bad year, GET OVER IT, we will be back next year!!!!!!!!:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Constructive critism and opinionated problem solving permitted? Or have we turned into the 3rd Reich?

R2sojr
11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
im just tired of all the negativity going around about the team and Bill...yeah there are some problems but were not the Browns here...1 bad season means nothing.

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
It's a bad season, expect negative opinions and comments. If anything, it's pretty calm in here. Just because people are looking towards the draft (even though that's not permitted from what I have seen) and stating their opinions on who they feel should be gone after this season (changes occur every year, especially after a season like ours) doesn't mean they are any better or worse than yourself. It's a freakin' Steelers MB, football talk occurs. It's not all positive and it's not all negative.

It's getting to point where if you state a certain player should be gone after this season your lynched. What should we talk about then? How great our o-line looked this season? Or how our WR's catch everything thrown at them? Or how solid our ST's have been this season? How happy Bill Cowher is living eight hours away from his family while feeling underpaid and underappreciated? I'm not talking about simply typing up threads stating "Cowher sucks" or "so and so sucks". But pointing out our weaknesses (if you agree or not) is going to occur at this point in time.

1) Changes to be made. That means jumping on certain players. Max Starks for example. Is that too negative?

2) The draft. That means talking about players who are no longer good at their position and the person taking their place. Is that too negative?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2006, 05:34 PM
It's a bad season, expect negative opinions and comments. If anything, it's pretty calm in here. Just because people are looking towards the draft (even though that's not permitted from what I have seen) and stating their opinions on who they feel should be gone after this season (changes occur every year, especially after a season like ours) doesn't mean they are any better or worse than yourself. It's a freakin' Steelers MB, football talk occurs. It's not all positive and it's not all negative.

It's getting to point where if you state a certain player should be gone after this season your lynched.

83, Thanks for posting this. Thats why you're always one my favorite posters on this site. Always a voice of reason.

klick81
11-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Constructive critism and opinionated problem solving permitted? Or have we turned into the 3rd Reich?

No kidding.

MACH1
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM

It's getting to point where if you state a certain player should be gone after this season your lynched. What should we talk about then? How great our o-line looked this season? Or how our WR's catch everything thrown at them? Or how solid our ST's have been this season? How happy Bill Cowher is living eight hours away from his family while feeling underpaid and underappreciated? I'm not talking about simply typing up threads stating "Cowher sucks" or "so and so sucks". But pointing out our weaknesses (if you agree or not) is going to occur at this point in time.

1) Changes to be made. That means jumping on certain players. Max Starks for example. Is that too negative?

2) The draft. That means talking about players who are no longer good at their position and the person taking their place. Is that too negative?

:iagree:

MJ5150
11-28-2006, 05:45 PM
The thing I have noticed is the power of the mouse! Try it! If you see a negative thread....don't read it!

On to the reason for this thread. I am excited to hopefully see some young guys get in there and bust their butts to earn a job next year. I also hope some of the guys with expiring contracts turn it up a notch and try to earn a new deal.

Sometimes there is nothing better than a veteran player in the last year of his deal working his butt off to earn the big money in a new deal. Just ask the Seattle fans about the ride Shaun Alexander took them all on last year. It was awesome!!!

-Mike

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 05:46 PM

Kudos for an excellent post.

Thoughtful criticism is valid no matter what your teams record is - there is certainly plenty patfans.com and also at Indystar.com.

NM

BigDuke6
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
"Americans love a winner, and will not tolerate a loser" - George S. Patton

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
"Americans love a winner, and will not tolerate a loser" - George S. Patton

lol, that's beautiful.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bulge/peopleevents/images/patton.jpg Good ol' Blood and Guts. God Bless him.

Elvis
11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:
Hey we maybe having a bad season and all, but I am not giving up on my Beloved Steelers.. but sometimes it is smart to start thinking about the future of our franchise and start thinking about upcoming draft picks...and free agents... and developing young talent seeing just what we have in them.. Jon Kuhn for one..:wink02: :wave:

Mosca
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
You can't get better unless you speak truth.

"If history teaches anything, it teaches self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly."--Ronald Reagan

Tom

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Time to put aside the ugly memories of the season so far and worry about finishing strong and get ready for 2007.

ChronoCross
11-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Lets win this weekend. And show people that are team never gives up.

NV STEELERS 723
11-28-2006, 09:42 PM
The thing I have noticed is the power of the mouse! Try it! If you see a negative thread....don't read it!

On to the reason for this thread. I am excited to hopefully see some young guys get in there and bust their butts to earn a job next year. I also hope some of the guys with expiring contracts turn it up a notch and try to earn a new deal.

Sometimes there is nothing better than a veteran player in the last year of his deal working his butt off to earn the big money in a new deal. Just ask the Seattle fans about the ride Shaun Alexander took them all on last year. It was awesome!!!

-Mike
Mike seems to always make good points here...actually this entire forum is pretty good.... it sure beats the members over at BR7.com ( Big Ben's website)

Our STEELERS will be back in 2007... I still think Willie is the real deal...but we have to adapt to his style... quit making comparisons to Jerome...Our OF line needs some new young blood too, and I think the STEELERS can be back in the Super Bowl in 2007.... a "stopper" in the defensive secondary would help too...

Lets not panic... Could you imagine being a Browns fan and winning 4 games a year is a improvment????????

memphissteelergirl
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Mike seems to always make good points here...actually this entire forum is pretty good.... it sure beats the members over at BR7.com ( Big Ben's website)

Our STEELERS will be back in 2007 Hear, here!!... I still think Willie is the real deal...but we have to adapt to his style... quit making comparisons to Jerome...Our OF line needs some new young blood too, and I think the STEELERS can be back in the Super Bowl in 2007.... a "stopper" in the defensive secondary would help too...

Lets not panic... Could you imagine being a Browns fan and winning 4 games a year is a improvment????????

Excellent post....MB's like this are not just about cheering and congratulating when things are going well, it's also a place to vent frustration when things are going bad. So if you don't like the tone of a thread...don't post....simple as that!

BigDuke6
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
lol, that's beautiful.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bulge/peopleevents/images/patton.jpg Good ol' Blood and Guts. God Bless him.

George could fix our "protection issues".

stlrtruck
11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
It has been a bad year for our team and the fans. I think what makes the season worse is last year's accomplishments. It's bad enough when the media are having their way with the Steelers and everyone is pointing the finger this year saying, "Look at those bums!"

It's time to cheer this team on to a great finish, a strong finish, a winning record and watch the playoffs from the distance. Then, as the April draft rolls around and training camps pop up...it'll be time to start a new!

A new team, a new attitude, and a healthier desire to lay to rest the last two winners of the AFCN!!!

The team has plenty of problems and the owner and coaches know what they are. I'm sure enough fans have told them the problems. Now it's time to be the fan that says, "Who cares about the record - WE STILL LOVE YOU BOYS!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!"