PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006-2007 National Basketball Association Thread

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Who has the best record in the Eastern Conference in the NBA?

The Heat?
The Cavs?

http://ideaspot.net/nba/southeast/large/magic1.gif
THE ORLANDO MAGIC

:jammin: :banana: :wave: :chicken: :jawdrop: :party: :cheer: :bouncy: :wink02: :cheers:

Steel12
11-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Will they win anything significant this year....NOPE!

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
They're still young, so no probably not.

But next year, yes.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
They're getting there Bolt. Maybe a year or two Orlando will party hard.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Thinking this might help keep things less cluttered.

Post all NBA News during the season in this thread.

fansince'76
04-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I am amazed at how well the Pistons did this season. Considering that they let this generation's version of Bill Russell escape to the Bulls, they finished with a much better record than I expected. I certainly didn't expect them to get the #1 seed in the East, that's for sure.

fansince'76
05-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow, huge upset. The Mavs, who finished with the NBA's best record this season (67-15) booted in the 1st round (4 games to 2) by Golden State (42-40), who barely made the playoffs. I think it's safe to say that Avery Johnson coached his last game as the Mavs' HC tonight.

Edman
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
The Mavs' collapse will probably go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history. How embarrassing. The media and Anti-Mav detractors will never let Dallas hear the end of it.

SteelCityMan786
05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
The Mavs' collapse will probably go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history. How embarrassing. The media and Anti-Mav detractors will never let Dallas hear the end of it.

Unless they win it all next year.

fansince'76
05-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Detroit is wishing they still had the other Big Ben (Wallace) tonight. No way LeBron drives to the basket and lays it up like that to win the game against Wallace - he would have had it swatted back in his face. Bad D by the Pistons all the way around - when an opposing player is hitting everything, and I mean everything like LeBron was tonight, you take the ball out of that player's hands.

fansince'76
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats to the Cavs on their first NBA Finals appearance in franchise history! :party:

Hines86Ward
06-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm pumped, my Cavs are in the Finals....hopefully they can pull it out! :thumbsup:

The Duke
06-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, i go for the spurs on the finals, but still congrats cleveland.

j-dawg
06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Congrats to the Cavs on their first NBA Finals appearance in franchise history! :party:

HELLS YEAH!! I can't tell ya how awesome this is... i was up all night, what a great win! :bouncy:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/celebrate_070603_900.jpg

SteelCityMan786
06-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey J-Dawg. I got one thing I have to say to ya and the rest of the cav nation.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/supersolid/GoSpursGo_small.gif

tony hipchest
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
if i have to claim just 1 team it would be the sonics. im more a fan of individual players, than teams, and as a fan of tim duncan and l. james (and ilgauskas) i cant wait for this series. i wish it woulda been phoenix, but the spurs will show up and play some hard ball.
while i dont necessarily want m. jordon to be knocked off the throne as the best ever, i would much rather have it be done by james than kobe bryant.

james is the man, and definitely makes basketball fun to watch. i hope he proves he wasnt just hype (although i think he has already done that).

SteelCityMan786
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm more of teams then of just some players on teams. One more reason why I have a liking of the Spurs and Bulls. (Just a note, I'm a Bulls fan first)

j-dawg
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm more of teams then of just some players on teams.

i'm the same way... i thought the pistons were the definition of that. when they played the lakers in the championship game i was rooting for them all the way. the fact that the cavs won this series really proved that the other players around james arn't just there to pass the ball... the pistons said throughout the entire series that they were going to make the rest of the cavs other than james beat them... and they did.

stlrtruck
06-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm more of a, I need something to fix the craving for sports so I'll watch the last 5 minutes of the game to watch the excitement. Other than that, just end the season so I'm one month closer to Training Camps!

Crushzilla
06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Man, Skip Bayless is nuts. I'm listening to him rant about how LeBron isn't as big of a deal as he's made out to be.

He is. Go Cavs.

Anthony_Smith27
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Man, Skip Bayless is nuts. I'm listening to him rant about how LeBron isn't as big of a deal as he's made out to be.

He is. Go Cavs.

skip bayless is a tool

lebron is the future, but the spurs are right now, so i say the spurs in 6

should be a good series though, both play very good defense, both teams have unselfish superstars, should be fun to watch

Edman
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Lebron has basically absolved himself of all blame and criticism by this whole series with his great Jordan-esque performance vs the Pisstons. He is as good as advertised. Skip Brainless strikes again.

The Cavaliers have a bright future. But the Spurs are now. San 'Tonio in 6.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2007, 11:58 AM
The Spurs almost have it won.

GO SPURS GO!

fansince'76
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
The Spurs almost have it won.

GO SPURS GO!

Yes, despite the Spurs' top 3 offensive options only scoring 34 points combined, and LeBron going for 25 and almost getting a triple double with 8 rebounds and 7 assists, the Spurs STILL won. I think it's safe to say the fat lady is approaching the microphone at this point. I miss the classic Finals series of the '80s between the Celtics and Lakers more and more every year - the first two games of the series were b-ball clinics by the Spurs and the game last night was just plain ugly to watch.

Crushzilla
06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Check... Check... Check... Robbie I'm getting a lot of hiss on the high end here... Check

http://www.lastnightdiy.org/gallery/images/04%20-%20fat%20lady%20sings.jpg

tony hipchest
06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
too bad theres not more basketball talk here. i thought it would be the spurs in 5 or 6, and was really hoping for a much more competitive series. basically i wanted to see james play like theold days of MJ. the surrounding cast just isnt there.

SA's defense is quick and swarming, which causes alot of hesitation and sometimes too much passing when the cavs have the ball. the few times they do get an open look on a designed play, theyre clanking off the rim.

san antonios offinse is just so crisp and fluid. you see the designed plays in development. their passing is very organized where the cavs seem chaotic and unsure of where to go with the ball. the cavs have done some good things, and looked like they had a chance to make something happen a few times in game 1 and 3,

but the underlying tone of the whole series is that the spurs are clearly the more experienced and confident team. they know theyre going to win as soon as they watch a little film and sees what popovich draws up.

too bad for the cavs. perhaps gibson can turn into their version of parker who has been deadly this series. not quite like dwyane wade, but has no ploblem playing team leader with a dominant big man on the court.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2007, 01:35 PM
That fat looks like she is ready to sing.

tony hipchest
06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
game 4 and it still seems like the cavs cant make a shot to save their life. halftime, and the game is obviously over even though the score is close. this is the most lopsided series ive ever seen. atleast A.I. was able to torch the lakers for 1 game.

on a more positive note it looks like franco harris has great seats!

:tt02:

i almost feel sorry for all the brownsfans who were looking forward to using a cavaliers championship to try and trump 5 steelers superbowls.

for the spurs to secure more rings than the shaq and kobe lakers is definitely sweet. that the spurs are the closest thing to mj's bulls is almost unbelievable.

tony hipchest
06-14-2007, 10:32 PM
66-69 w/ 4 min. to go. when manu ginobli is looking like a better player than labron james, theres not much you can do as a 1 man show...

all i wanted was a good series where you dont know the outcome before the game starts. :dang:

cant wait for the nfl to begin its not like everyones already crowning the patriots :rolleyes:

Edman
06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
It's over.

43 years and counting for Cleveland without a championship team. The Cavs had an unfortunate draw of playing one of the best basketball teams in years. James got NO help whatsoever from his teammates.

fansince'76
06-15-2007, 01:50 AM
this is the most lopsided series ive ever seen.

The only 2 I've seen that were close to this one as far as being one-sided goes would be the Magic getting swept by the Rockets in '95 (a young Shaq getting taken to school by Olajuwon) and the Lakers' sweep of the Nets in '02. Congrats to the Spurs, despite the fact that not too many people are gonna give them the credit they deserve, since they made it look so easy - not their fault they're the best team in the NBA, and nobody else (including the Mavericks and Suns) are really even close.