PDA

View Full Version : AFC Champions

R2sojr
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
since our boys are basically out of it....i know its sux to support another team but who would you wanna see rep the AFC?

My pick is the Chargers...LT is just amazing and such a great attitude to have around a team...Defensively Shawn Merriman had his alligations but the guy does play lights out football...similar to what were all use too...Y couldnt of we got him:dang:

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I reckon you are going to get a mixture of two basic replies to this thread.

1. I can't support another team, even if the Steelers are out of contention - it would make me physically ill.

2. The Chargers - because I strongly dislike every other team in realistic contention (Colts, Patriots, Ravens)

NM

stlrtruck
11-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I agree. The Chargers!

But really, I don't care as long as it's not the ratbirds or the bungles.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM

1. I can't support another team, even if the Steelers are out of contention - it would make me physically ill.

2. The Chargers - because I strongly dislike every other team in realistic contention (Colts, Patriots, Ravens)

NM

Well LITP like any Steeler fan would ever root for the Ravens. Sorry not me and I don't think any other Steelers fan would. Well lets see they were the orginal Browns. Then there is Ray Lewis who should be behind bars.

Lets move on to the Pats. Sorry my friend I have seen the Pats win it three times in the last five years. Two of them which they defeated the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl in the first place. I just can't root for the Pats. But I have alot of respect for that organization. Its really a model on how to run a football team in today's NFL.

The Colts. I live in Indiana. So I'm around Colts fans all the time. They already think that Peyton Manning walks on water. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would make me sick. Colts fans would never shut up about Peyton....I can hear it now. He has the stats and now a ring so he is the best QB ever. Just makes me sick thinking about it. Sorry but Johnny Unitas is the best ever and Tom Brady is the NFL's best today.

Now the Chargers. LT has been one of my favorite players since he was in college. Plus LT deserves a Super Bowl ring. The guy is a great player and a class act. So yes come playoff time I will be rooting for the Chargers to go to and win the Super Bowl.

Borski
11-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I wanna see Chargers Vs Bears/Saints Super Bowl this year

sumo
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Who I would want to see and who I think will make it are 2 different things - I can see Denver having a rebirth now that Plummer's on the bench...and the Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Ravens will all be contenders - but I think when it's all said and done - this year is the year that Peyton "I'm a Tool" Manning finally makes it to the SB

But like a few others here, I would like to see the Chargers make it, however I don't see it happening...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Who I would want to see and who I think will make it are 2 different things - I can see Denver having a rebirth now that Plummer's on the bench...and the Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Ravens will all be contenders - but I think when it's all said and done - this year is the year that Peyton "I'm a Tool" Manning finally makes it to the SB

But like a few others here, I would like to see the Chargers make it, however I don't see it happening...

You really think "I'm a Tool" finally gets over the playoff hump this year? Love that name for Peyton by the way. I don't and two reasons.

The Colts for some reason have trouble with teams that run a 3-4. The Chargers run a 3-4.

The Colts defense also has struggled against the run this year. Well LT enough said.

Don't get me wrong the Colts have the talent to make the Super Bowl without a doubt. Plus you would think one of these years its finally going to happen for them. But until I see the Colts put their playoff struggles behind them. I'm going to pick against them.

83-Steelers-43
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts. I'm a fan of Dungy because he's a former Steeler safety and more importantly, he seems like a stand-up guy. Compared to big mouths such as Dillick, Fat Man Seahawk and Nick "I AM THE NFL" Saban. Also, I don't really have a problem with Peyton Manning. Granted, he does horrible commercials but the guy doesn't run his mouth and he has stayed out of trouble. Compared to many NFL athletes, that counts for something in my book.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I would like the colts....I am a LT fan
It would also be nice for Peyton to get ring....Hes one of the best,,,he deserves it

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts. I'm a fan of Dungy because he's a former Steeler safety and more importantly, he seems like a stand-up guy. Compared to big mouths such as Dillick, Fat Man Seahawk and Nick "I AM THE NFL" Saban. Also, I don't really have a problem with Peyton Manning. Granted, he does horrible commercials but the guy doesn't run his mouth and he has stayed out of trouble. Compared to many NFL athletes, that counts for something in my book.

Yea I like Dungy to 83. Once a Steelers always a Steelers. Except for Neil O'Donnell. He can burn in Hell for all I care. But man I live in Indiana bro. The Colts fans out here are already annoying and constantly on Peyton Mannings jock it drives me nuts. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would probally force me to move.

sumo
11-29-2006, 02:57 PM
You really think "I'm a Tool" finally gets over the playoff hump this year? Love that name for Peyton by the way. I don't and two reasons.

The Colts for some reason have trouble with teams that run a 3-4. The Chargers run a 3-4.

The Colts defense also has struggled against the run this year. Well LT enough said.

Don't get me wrong the Colts have the talent to make the Super Bowl without a doubt. Plus you would think one of these years its finally going to happen for them. But until I see the Colts put their playoff struggles behind them. I'm going to pick against them.

I don't know why - just a feeling I got when I watched them play Denver - plus - what's that dude's name on their Defense they call the "eraser" ? - besides Troy - IMO, this guy is the best safety in football ... it's not a strong feeling and the AFC is stacked this year - DR Z just put out his rankings and the highest ranked NFC team he has is the Bears at 5 - I agree with him all of the best teams are in the AFC this year -- tough call...

83-Steelers-43
11-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Yea I like Dungy to 83. Once a Steelers always a Steelers. Except for Neil O'Donnell. He can burn in Hell for all I care. But man I live in Indiana bro. The Colts fans out here are already annoying and constantly on Peyton Mannings jock it drives me nuts. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would probally force me to move.

I hear ya BGF. The fans love the guy and I'm sure it's annoying, but I can't pin that on him....lol. He can't help that. Hey, at least you don't live in Cincinnati BGF. That's when I would send in a Special Forces unit to get you and your family out and to safety. :smile:

ChronoCross
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
AFC
I almost see Ravens vs Patriots in the AFC ChampionShip.

NFC
Seahawks vs Saints NFC

Colts are a joke in the playoffs and last in the league vs the run. I always smell a choke coming when they hit the playoffs. I live in Indiana and close to Indy and boy there fans disappear as fast as the colts do in the playoffs.

Weakness of schedule making teams look good.
Bears - 2 years straight top 3 in easy schedule each year.
Dallas - Romo will be hurting when he plays a real defense.

AFC does not matter which team, will win the SB again. NFC is so weak its pathetic.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I hear ya BGF. The fans love the guy and I'm sure it's annoying, but I can't pin that on him....lol. He can't help that. Hey, at least you don't live in Cincinnati BGF. That's when I would send in a Special Forces unit to get you and your family out and to safety. :smile:

LOL thanks at least I know if I'm ever stuck in Cinncy, I have someone that has my back. :thumbsup: Yea I know its the fans fault and not Peytons fault. But I work with alot of Colts fans that are major idiots. They really don't have a clue about football. All they talk about is Peyton this and Peyton that. Some days I just want to smack myself in the face with a hammer after listening to all the Peyton Manning talk. Of course they are having a field day with the Steelers 4-7 record and I have to put up with smack all day. But living in Cinncy, Cleveland or Baltimore would be much worse for a Steelers fan without a doubt.

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't know why - just a feeling I got when I watched them play Denver - plus - what's that dude's name on their Defense they call the "eraser" ? - besides Troy - IMO, this guy is the best safety in football ... it's not a strong feeling and the AFC is stacked this year - DR Z just put out his rankings and the highest ranked NFC team he has is the Cowboys at 5 - I agree with him all of the best teams are in the AFC this year -- tough call...

Bob Sanders is the 'eraser' - because, as Madden so accurately put it, "he erases bad plays'.

He has spent quite a bit of time injured this year, but he had an excellent game against the Patriots - in the second half in particular he hit our RB's behind the LOS when it looked like we could run all day on them.

NM

memphissteelergirl
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I have no problem with the Colts getting to the SB. I have always liked Tony Dungy as a coach and a person. I would like to see him get that ring. And although I am in the minority here, I have no problem with Peyton. The guy is good...you have to give him his due.

sumo
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Bob Sanders is the 'eraser' - because, as Madden so accurately put it, "he erases bad plays'.

He has spent quite a bit of time injured this year, but he had an excellent game against the Patriots - in the second half in particular he hit our RB's behind the LOS when it looked like we could run all day on them.

NM

He's good - he actually reminds me of Troy - they will have a much better shot in the playoffs if he's healthy...

Kermit
11-29-2006, 03:41 PM
As long as it isn't the Ravens, Bengals or Colts, I'm resigned to whoever represents the AFC -- but if I had a choice, I'd probably pick the Chargers.

There are some AFC teams and players I respect and like, but I can't bring myself to actually root for anyone else in our conference.

And personally, I'm hoping the Saints go all the way in the NFC, and claim an upset Super Bowl victory over whomever.

It'd be pretty cool to have a Brees vs. Tomlinson match-up.

SteelCityMan786
11-29-2006, 03:43 PM

NM

Hey LITP, I'm a thinkin New England will get no.4 this year. Just one thing, you guys can't steal The Here We Go Song. hahaha.

ChronoCross
11-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I would not even put Bob Sanders in the same Area Code as Troy P. Guy needs to finish a season first. Troy all around is a much better safety and better stats. And even if Bob Sanders played a full season his stats would be elevated do to how weak the colts defense is and how there front defensive line cannot stop the run and Sanders getting shots at alot of tackles because the RB's are past the LB's into the Secondary. People can hope that Dungy gets his ring along with Peyton but its just not going to happen. Colts Coaches put so much money into there offense that they have clearly forgot about there defense. Freeney becomes a free agent this year and colts will not be able to afford him. If Colts do not do it this year which they wont. There defense will even get weaker next year.

sumo
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I would not even put Bob Sanders in the same Area Code as Troy P. Guy needs to finish a season first. Troy all around is a much better safety and better stats. And even if Bob Sanders played a full season his stats would be elevated do to how weak the colts defense is and how there front defensive line cannot stop the run and Sanders getting shots at alot of tackles because the RB's are past the LB's into the Secondary. People can hope that Dungy gets his ring along with Peyton but its just not going to happen. Colts Coaches put so much money into there offense that they have clearly forgot about there defense. Freeney becomes a free agent this year and colts will not be able to afford him. If Colts do not do it this year which they wont. There defense will even get weaker next year.

I would still rather have Troy of course - but Sanders plays with the same kind of recklessness and closing ability that Troy does - I know Troy's better and has better stats etc - they just have the same style of play...

Texasfan
11-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I'd have to say that I will support the Bolts. Everyone else can kiss my ass!

HometownGal
11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
As long as it isn't the Rats or the Bungles, it makes no difference to me who represents the AFC, though I would prefer if it were the Chargers or the Broncs. I don't see Denver making it that far this season, though, because of the musical RBs game Ratface has played most of the season (and the nagging injuries to both Bells) and I just don't see Cutler coming off the bench and leading the Broncs to the big game. The Chargers pretty much have it all and quite frankly, as a huge Marty Schottenheimer fan, I'd really love to see him finally win a SB. I don't see any NFC team beating any one of the top contenders in the AFC this season.

Elvis
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheer:
We are Champions until someone else wins it....
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:
but I guess I would have to pull for the...
:cheer: :cheer: :thumbsup: :sofunny:
the .... ..... .... .... BROWNSIES.....:sofunny: :wink02: :chicken: :party: :jammin: :banana: :jawdrop:
... Just Cant Chose One!!!

SteelerFanInCA
11-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I'd like to see the Colts win it all. Dungy is definitley a class act.

klick81
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Ugh...i guess the Colts wouldn't be all that bad, although i can't stand that whiney faced Manning. In the end though, i think it would be just a lil worse if the Bolts win it. I VERY RARELY see anyone wearing a Chargers jersey in LA. Once the playoffs come though, i'm sure the bandwagoners will be in full force.

stillers4me
11-29-2006, 06:24 PM

Where ya been??????...I 've been waithing to be rescued!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 07:06 PM
colts vs. chargers (lt is the undisputed best rb in the game even though he hasnt won the big one. same for manning)

bears vs. saints (gotta root for unm's finest in urlacher and brees and horn are 2 of my favorite non steelers from the nfc)

bears and saints are kind of boring offensively and defensively respectively, but the afc rep would probably mop up with them anyways.

these 4 and the seahawks are 5 teams i wouldnt mind seeing win it.

no matter what, dallas better not be the 1st to 6. too bad mcnabb is hurt.

hardwork
11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Is there any doubt? Is there any question? The Patriots take ring #4, slip it down over the middle finger, and prepare for #5 in 2008.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Colts or Chargers win is fine with me. I have no dislike of the Pats but only one team has 4 SBs in 6 years, a record I do not want broken.

If Dallas plays the Ravens in the Super Bowl I might not watch.

Ray Ray and T.O. might be a network exec's idea of a great match-up but I dread the possibility.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Colts or Patriots from the AFC, and the Bears in the NFC.

hardwork
11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Colts or Chargers win is fine with me. I have no dislike of the Pats but only one team has 4 SBs in 6 years, a record I do not want broken.

If Dallas plays the Ravens in the Super Bowl I might not watch.

Ray Ray and T.O. might be a network exec's idea of a great match-up but I dread the possibility.

While I hack around a lot, and piss people off in here, my honest opinion on this is that there is only one thing that will hold the Patriots back. Not believing in themselves. As it stands now, they aren't believers yet. This is going to be a real test of the Belichick/Brady combination. Those are the two who have to step forward and make believers out of this team.

massacris87
11-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I think the Ravens will win the AFC.

*runs away from gun fire*

MACH1
11-29-2006, 11:59 PM

Shoot me now....:m16:

Steel Pit
11-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't care for any other team, I have no liking for anyone but the Steelers. Since someone is obviously going to win this years Super Bowl, and since the NFC sucks dirty a$$, then I believe that the New England Patriots will win it this year. I used to despise Belichick but I've since learned to respect the man. Of the contenders, Tom Brady is by far the best remaining quarterback and he's certainly big game qualified. THE PATRIOTS, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, WILL WIN SUPER BOWL 41.

I don't want to hear any crap about what the Colts did to the Patriots during the regular season. IMO, Belichick will never "show his hand" to an opponent during a regular season game IF he belives that he will face them again in the playoffs. Steelers fans saw that theory played out 2 years ago when we belted the Patriots in a regular season game only to lose to them in the AFC Championship.

MJ5150
11-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Why can't you guys have this discussion in the General Football/NFL Football part of this forum?

This is the STEELERS FOOTBALL part of the forum.

-Mike

Prosdo
11-30-2006, 03:11 AM
I have to go with the Chargers. They are very solid and LT is such a threat to teams.

MJ5150
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Is it bothering you that much? It would seem easy to skip over a thread your not interested in.

Actually, yes.

I thought the thread was going to be related to our run through the AFC last year. I wasn't sure where it would go after that, so I wanted to find out. When I come in for a look, I see people talking about everything BUT the Steelers in the Steelers forum.

The thread is interesting, so I subscribed to it. I got an e-mail informing me of new replies, so here I am!! :smile:

-Mike

DACEB
11-30-2006, 12:08 PM
colts or chargers
I live in mass. so i don't want to here about the patsys, plus I agree 4 in 6 yrs is ours.
screw the ravens
I don't think Manning can do it though, and the chargers have a lot of young talent

Elvis
11-30-2006, 12:21 PM
:tt02:
I love Tony Dungy but I still dont want to see the Colts win it for Manning.. The way that they build up all the Mannning's I hope that there is never a manning in a Super Bowl...anywhere...anytime..:wave:

Dynasty
11-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Chargers vs. Saints in the Super Bowl.... thats how I'm seeing it at this point in the season.

fansince'76
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Colts. Reason: Tony Dungy.

sumo
02-04-2007, 09:41 PM

I just thought I would remind everybody here that I predicted the Colts would win the SB on 11-29-06 ....I'm Nostrafreakindamus...even though I despise the Colts and Manning in particular - it was very hard for me to predict this against my heart..if you read this thread - I wasn't the only one either..

HometownGal
02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I just thought I would remind everybody here that I predicted the Colts would win the SB on 11-29-06 ....I'm Nostrafreakindamus...even though I despise the Colts and Manning in particular - it was very hard for me to predict this against my heart..if you read this thread - I wasn't the only one either..

Your cookie is here and waiting for you, sumo. I made 'em myself! :wink02: :flap:

Good job. :thumbsup: