PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu?

jtdapit
11-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong I love troy as much as the next fan but.... is it me or has he missed alot of tackles latley it just seems like this year he isn't his normal troy self. Maybe its just me.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
He has at times fallen back into a habit of over pursuit and failing to wrap up on tackles; when I was talking with someone during the Ravens game they made the same observation you do.

The over pursuit may be the anxiety of trying to cover up for others and the tackling may be a hangover from bad habits developed when he was playing with one arm earlier this year.

Troy is a must keep player and still has transcendent bursts like his play at the end of the Cleveland game, but like so many other Steeelers 2006 has not been his best season.

jtdapit
11-29-2006, 09:15 PM
I completley understand that he is an essential part of our defense. But your right I can't point the defensive problem on just Troy. Larry foote and Ike can't hang onto interceptions and there is to many missed tackles in my opinion. But I do think however that our defensive line is pretty solid. Always has been.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G says the D-line is the one component of the team that has not had a drop off in performance.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Don't get me wrong I love troy as much as the next fan but.... is it me or has he missed alot of tackles latley it just seems like this year he isn't his normal troy self. Maybe its just me.

Troy has missed alot of tackles this year. But the entire team is performing the same.

ChronoCross
11-29-2006, 09:44 PM
The whole team is in a slump period. Everyone having bad games. Its the plague.

ytsan2q
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Troy does have a tendancy not to wrap up at times. He hits as though he may be still suffering from that shoulder injury he had earlier in the year. I think that's what causing him to miss some tackles. He has been only trying to hit with his left shoulder lately or either arm tackle with wrapping up.

clarient
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
He can't carry the whole team on his shoulders.

He is usually everywhere and we are used to him flying in and making big plays. Possibly he is feeling the pressure of high expectations and a desire to put in 1000% to make up for what is lacking in other areas.

I doubt he's getting the same support in other areas he was last year (on the field)... I think he trying to plug a bigger hole than before and is overreaching just a bit.

holmes
11-30-2006, 12:19 AM
I think that besides his shoulder injury, the loss of Chris Hope hurt most of all. Hope helped make Troy. If we can get him help and healthy he will more dominate in the future.

polamalufan43
11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I hate to say it, but I have noticed this as well. I think it's because of the injuries and the loss of Chris Hope, but who really knows. Personally, I think the team is in a slump. Troy will be back to himself in no time and so will the rest of the team.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

fansince'76
12-01-2006, 02:00 AM
The whole D has been tackling sloppily all year which used to be one of our strengths (along with the OL). However, Troy has been going for seemingly alot more "knockout" blows than usual - trying to knock people down with his shoulder pads instead of wrapping up. I think some of that is due to only playing with one good shoulder for a substantial part of the season and being physically unable to wrap up for a good chunk of the time. Not to worry though, he is still young and I say he will collect at least one (probably more) NFL Defensive Player of the Year award before he's through.

Tonyla1
12-01-2006, 02:52 AM
he's one of the few steelers that is VERY consistent this year.

jtdapit
12-01-2006, 06:58 AM
he's one of the few steelers that is VERY consistent this year. - Tonyla1

Thats just it. His conisistency isn't there. I can't watch a game and see EX: Cadillac Williams running towards the endzone and Polamalu the only man who can stop him being able to succesfully tackle him. I just want him back.