PDA

View Full Version : Burress injured...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2005, 01:53 PM
From KFFL...

Giants | Burress Injured
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:11:29 -0700

Giants.com reports New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress was forced to leave the field late in the first practice of training camp Saturday, July 30, with a hyperextended right knee. Burress was injured when he ran a go route down the left sideline and had to stop and go up for a ball thrown by QB Tim Hasselbeck. Burress banged knees with a defender. "There was an under thrown ball, they went up and got tangled," said head coach Tom Coughlin. "They came down, and right now they are calling it a hyperextended knee and we'll see." Burress is undergoing further tests and evaluation to determine the full nature of his injury.

bigbensgirl7
07-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Giants | Shockey Says Burress Will be Fine
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:08:56 -0700

New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey said he feels WR Plaxico Burress (knee) will be fine. "He's going to be alright. He just came down wrong on his leg and the other guy fell on top of him. He'll be alright. Things like that happen in training camp," said Shockey.

KFFL again

Prosdo
07-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Ouch. Thats not a way to get things started.

BB2W
07-30-2005, 04:05 PM
With Plax's height, his long legs are always gonna be more volnerable to injury. Hamstring, knee, etc....

figg
07-30-2005, 04:16 PM
The biggest news from that report was that Burress actually jumped for the ball :busted:

BB2W
07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
The biggest news from that report was that Burress actually jumped for the ball :busted:
:hehe: I have always thought he couldn't jump....he was just tall. El does a better job of getting the ball at it's highest point.

figg
07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
:hehe: I have always thought he couldn't jump....he was just tall. El does a better job of getting the ball at it's highest point.

so true lol

figg
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
BTW he's back practicing

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2005, 05:56 PM
well thats good I guess..but maybe if he'd actually try and run out of a tackle now and then instead of just falling down in a stiff breeze after he caught :rolleyes: he might be able to avoid precarious weird landings like that.

Ironman
07-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I think he got a taste of Tom Coughlin's camp... and decided he needed to take a few days off. :thud:

Prosdo
08-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Giants | Burress Injury Update
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:13:59 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said WR Plaxico Burress (hip) did not practice Wednesday, August 3, because of a strained hip flexor. When asked if he knew how long Burress would be out Coughlin replied: "Not really. No. I would not even say it would be more than day-to-day. I think it will be a couple days before we get a feel if there is any improvement there." Coughlin also said Burress' hip injury was unrelated to his earlier knee injury.

Link: http://www.kffl.com/player/1547/NFL

This guy is sure getting banged up early on.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Wait,forget the injury,he jumped for the ball?A jump in the endzone on a fade pass couda gotten us a win in the AFCC Game...but a meaningless pass for a second string QB warrants a jump?

Only Plexiglass.

Prosdo
08-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Wait,forget the injury,he jumped for the ball?A jump in the endzone on a fade pass couda gotten us a win in the AFCC Game...but a meaningless pass for a second string QB warrants a jump?

Only Plexiglass.

So true! You got to wonder what ran through his mind during that catch in the AFCC game and that moment in practice.

ironcitychef
08-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Coughlin replied: "I think it will be a couple days before we get a feel if there is any improvement there."

Yeah, we waited 5 years...:coffee:

docsteel
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
just thinking of burress under tom cofflin he's gonns miss the black and gold in about 2 weeks :)

bigbensgirl7
08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
just thinking of burress under tom cofflin he's gonns miss the black and gold in about 2 weeks :)
If Hines is still holding out...we may miss him in a few weeks! :o

docsteel
08-05-2005, 10:19 PM
If Hines is still holding out...we may miss him in a few weeks! :o
true very true /thats why i say give ward the money he earned it

bigbensgirl7
08-05-2005, 10:37 PM
true very true /thats why i say give ward the money he earned it
I am kindof stuck on this right now. From what I have heard, we have offered Ward and amazing contract esp. in our system. I have read a lot, and from what I know he wants 8 figures, and with the role our recievers play in our offense...he's not worth that. I understand he was EXTREMELY underpaid in the previous year...but he did sign that contract. However, I'm not feeling good about the upcoming season unless he reports. I dont see the Steelers giving in under any circumstances (and I don't feel they should). I would like to see Ward report so negotiations can start up again. I think it will have to be a give and take on both sides, but he's not going to get what he is reportedly wanting!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2005, 10:52 PM
The problem or roadblock as it is now, its just that..its a GREAT contract for a player in our system. There's lyes the problem. Hines wants ultimate WR money, and the Steelers want to give him ultimate Steeler WR money. There's a difference.

pitt
08-06-2005, 12:44 AM
This is going to turn into a no win situation. If the Steelers give in and give him what he wants, they are opening the door to this kind of tactic from every player. If they don't give in we will lose Ward.