PDA

View Full Version : Defector From Another Steelers Site

fansince'76
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I was a frequent poster at the Steelers.com website, but their profanity filters have gotten WAY outta hand (example: any post with "Dick" LeBeau gets changed to (bad word) LeBeau by their filtering software), so here I am. As my handle indicates, I have been a Steelers fan since 1976, when I was 8 years old and just getting into football at the time. This season really sucks so far, but I still bleed black and gold and will to my grave.

steelergirlrocks
11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, it's cool to have you here! Welcome! You are my brother's age! I was older than 8 in 1976 (won't tell you may age though...:wink02: LOL) and have loved the Steelers all my life as well! :tt02: Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!

fansince'76
11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I can already tell this site is WAY better than the one I used to frequent. :smile:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
yes, and feel free to say dick on this site

fansince'76
11-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I forgot to mention the fact that I got banned for using the "H-E-double hockey sticks" word on one "game day" thread - they recently got new moderators who I think they pulled from a kindergarten class somewhere. I liked alot of the people there despite the shitty glitch-ridden software they use for the site which is why I stuck around as long as I did.

stillers4me
12-01-2006, 05:49 AM
That site is pretty bad....I can't believe the posts that constantly get yanked over there. Steeler fans deserved better! While vulgarity and foulness is not welcome here, we ARE allowed to be adults occasionally!! Welcome to SF!!

floodcitygirl
12-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Welcome to SF! Hope you enjoy!!! :smile:

HometownGal
12-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Hiya fansince76 and welcome! :smile: :tt02: :wave: I posted on that site quite regularly almost 4 years ago and when I left, I never looked back. You'll love it here as most of us do! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard. Feel free to give me, Prosdo or SF a hollar if you need anything.

fansince'76
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
That site is pretty bad....I can't believe the posts that constantly get yanked over there. Steeler fans deserved better! While vulgarity and foulness is not welcome here, we ARE allowed to be adults occasionally!! Welcome to SF!!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not the type to drop F-bombs all over the place when I post, but I do say "hell" and "damn" sometimes (especially during down years like this one). I don't expect to be banned for using words that are considered tame on network TV nowadays, however. Steelers.com has gotten downright draconian about it, and in the process ruined what was a really fun site to post on.

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not the type to drop F-bombs all over the place when I post, but I do say "hell" and "damn" sometimes (especially during down years like this one). I don't expect to be banned for using words that are considered tame on network TV nowadays, however. Steelers.com has gotten downright draconian about it, and in the process ruined what was a really fun site to post on.

The Vbulletin filters aren't as much of a "Devil" compared to there. I posted their originally but I just needed a new home.

jaysta
12-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Welcome to SF! :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Hello everyone,

I was a frequent poster at the Steelers.com website, but their profanity filters have gotten WAY outta hand (example: any post with "Dick" LeBeau gets changed to (bad word) LeBeau by their filtering software), so here I am. As my handle indicates, I have been a Steelers fan since 1976, when I was 8 years old and just getting into football at the time. This season really sucks so far, but I still bleed black and gold and will to my grave.

Welcome to the site...You are just about my age so we probably remember alot of the same Steeler games...Post often!!

SteelShooter
12-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ........................and did I say "Hey There!" :jammin: