PDA

View Full Version : Sams breaks leg

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Ravens KR Sams breaks right fibula

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (Nov. 30, 2006) -- Ravens kick returner B.J. Sams broke a bone in his lower right leg during the second quarter against Cincinnati.

Sams was returning the kickoff after the Bengals' second field goal when his right foot twisted awkwardly during a tackle. Sams lay face down on the field for a few minutes before trainers rolled him over, put a brace on his right ankle and took him off on a cart.

He broke his fibula on the play, potentially a season-ending injury.

Sams has been one of the AFC's top kick returners this season. He sparked the Ravens' 24-10 victory against Atlanta on Nov. 19 by running for 91 yards on kickoff returns and 121 on punt returns, the fourth-best combined total in club history.

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I am glad to hear it was his fibula and not a broken/dislocated ankle.

The replay was pretty gruesome; not 1986 Theissman Monday Night Football gruesome but close enough.

Not maybes about it. A break like that has him out until next season. Given his role in getting the Ravens field position/points this is a huge loss to a team that showed nothing on offense last night.

floodcitygirl
12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
That was ugly to wach. I hate to see any player injured. I wish him the best for a full recovery.

Infamix
12-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah I wish him a speedy recovery, that one had to hurt

memphissteelergirl
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
OUCH!! :injured:

klick81
12-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow...that's a huge loss to the team. Hope he heals well.

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I am glad to hear it was his fibula and not a broken/dislocated ankle.

The replay was pretty gruesome; not 1986 Theissman Monday Night Football gruesome but close enough.

Not maybes about it. A break like that has him out until next season. Given his role in getting the Ravens field position/points this is a huge loss to a team that showed nothing on offense last night.the fact that it was shown on several replays and then again on sportscenter (evening and morning), probably more on nfl live and all the preview shows, makes me wonder what the nfl/kraft pays the major networks to cover up any patriot players injuries. (see seau)