PDA

View Full Version : Kordell RUMORS!!!

bigbensgirl7
07-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Supposedly there are some rumors going around that Stewart might be back in the burgh as a reciever. THERE IS NO LINK OR SOURCE...so I don't know how much truth is there...just thought I would bring it in and see what you guys think about this possiblity!
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=53516

Supersteeler
07-30-2005, 03:43 PM
That's hysterical. I don't know if he would even run that well anymore, he's getting up there. Sounds pretty far out there to me.

Prosdo
07-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I really don't like Stewart so if there is some truth to that then I will have to get use to him. But I don't see him coming here.

BB2W
07-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I am all for this. I always liked Stewart....even though he sucked at QB. I would love to see him return to Pittsburgh in the "Slash" role, and add to the much needed depth at WR. He is a Steeler at heart, and put in a lot of work for this organization. I would like to see him finish where his career started....in Pittsburgh at WR. :twocents:

bigbensgirl7
07-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I really can't see it either, and for there to be no source/link...I find it hard to believe. I have always thought he would have performed better by accepting a role as a WR or RB...but I just can't see it. I would think if there was some truth there...I would be able to find something somewhere...and I haven't!

Prosdo
07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I didn't like him at the QB role. Like you I wished he would have moved to WR. If he would come here as a WR I would be surprised. But if he can help contribute I'm all for it.

VaDave
07-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Korky's a little long in tooth to be a wide out. The last time I saw him run in a game situation he was tackled from behind by an overweight lineman. As far as the rumor of him being a wide out on the Steelers, the competition is very tough this year, and don't think he'd make it. Now for him signing a one day contract to retire a Steeler would make sense.

figg
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
That ship has sailed IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say thats just somebody trying to start something. The fans Im sure wouldnt take too well to seeing him come back to the Steel City, in any role.

pitt
07-30-2005, 11:45 PM
I liked him in the "slash" role but I don't see him coming back here for any reason.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2005, 11:49 PM
I dont see playing anything more than a 3rd string roll. If he's lucky he'll land a 2nd string..but thats pushing it for any kinda decent team.

ironcitychef
07-31-2005, 01:51 AM
Not even worth discussing until that 2nd source comes into play...

SteelerFanInATL
07-31-2005, 08:20 AM
He didn't get the name SLASH for noting. He is a very good athelete and could do very well
as a receiver. He has size, speed, strenth, everything you look for in a reciever. Bring him in and if there is room for him lets do it. That would be a great weapon to add to the arsenal we have. But don't do him any favors just because. Interesting thought, I wonder where it will go.

Stlrs4Life
07-31-2005, 10:17 AM
There is no way this will happen. He has burned way too many bridges here. He had his chance to step in as a WR but refused.

LambertIsGod58
07-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I think we could use him as a 2nd string water boy...

stand undefeated
07-31-2005, 12:05 PM
That is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. Though, I'm def not a stewart hater.

...Or maybe he's taking Ward's place, it all makes sense now!

SteelerSal
07-31-2005, 02:49 PM
He didn't get the name SLASH for noting. He is a very good athelete and could do very well
as a receiver. He has size, speed, strenth, everything you look for in a reciever. Bring him in and if there is room for him lets do it. That would be a great weapon to add to the arsenal we have. But don't do him any favors just because. Interesting thought, I wonder where it will go.

I can see having this topic 7-8 years ago,but now?????
FOR PETES SAKE,this guy is a "has been"!! :screwy:

slashsteel
07-31-2005, 04:12 PM
I would be all for his return to "slash"......... I think my name confirms that. ;)

atlsteelers
07-31-2005, 04:57 PM
trade a cry baby for a cry baby, he can take ward's spot