PDA

View Full Version : I'll give you a topic: Happy Feet. the Anti-Christ?

3 to be 4
12-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Discuss.

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 01:22 AM
wow. he will be educated in rome and i doubt he dances as well as emmitt smith?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Discuss.

I had the misfortune of watching this movie with my daughter. To be honest I didnt pick up on the whole "liberal tree-hugger conspiracy"..but then again I dont base the majority of my political views on subliminal messages in animated features. (Well... outside of Scooby Doo....Scooby is dead-on when it comes to socio-political viewpoints). What I DID come away with is that the movie....sucked!!! The first thing my daughter said was "That wasn't very good...we should have seen 'The Escape Clause'"
Thats not to say that the writers of the movie didnt have an agenda..I just could care less what a dancing penguin (or anyone even remotely associated with Hollywood) thinks about the enviroment.

3 to be 4
12-02-2006, 08:42 AM
it was a cute for 10 minutes. But when the elder antagonistic Penguins started to tell him to "Repent!" I got a little suspicious.

and if one more kids movie includes a group of animals with over the top Cheech Moran type voices im going to vomit all over the projectionist.

and when did Robin Williams turn from genius to redundant caricature of himself?

there i feel better

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-02-2006, 09:47 AM
it was a cute for 10 minutes. But when the elder antagonistic Penguins started to tell him to "Repent!" I got a little suspicious.

and if one more kids movie includes a group of animals with over the top Cheech Moran type voices im going to vomit all over the projectionist.

and when did Robin Williams turn from genius to redundant caricature of himself?

there i feel better

All good points!!!...and your right about Robin Williams and Cheech Moran...all in all..I wish I would have bought the soundtrack and skipped the movie!!

fansince'76
12-02-2006, 07:45 PM

:rofl:

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 07:57 PM
ive talked to only 1 person who has seen it and they said it sucked too. i guess i'll pass. im partial to the penguins in madagascar anyways.

"smile and wave boys, just smile and wave"

3 to be 4
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
ive talked to only 1 person who has seen it and they said it sucked too. i guess i'll pass. im partial to the penguins in madagascar anyways.

the classic scene is when the penguins get to Antartica

"well, this sucks"

3 to be 4
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrS68IAXrWE

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2006, 10:28 AM
My kids went apeshit for it...it had it's moments, the lil cholo penguins were pretty cool..they reminded me of my gardening crew!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-03-2006, 10:57 AM
My kids went apeshit for it...it had it's moments, the lil cholo penguins were pretty cool..they reminded me of my gardening crew!

Really!!...maybe it was an age thing..how old are your kids...my 11yo was really looking forward to it and hated it

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-03-2006, 10:58 AM
the classic scene is when the penguins get to Antartica

"well, this sucks"

"Smile and wave boys....Smile and wave"

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 11:18 AM
This is why animated movies are usually made for kids. :wink02:

polamalufan43
02-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Tony, we all know that they were psycotic:flap:

This is why animated movies are usually made for kids. :wink02:

True, although some are actually pretty good in my book...

~Polamalufan43:tt02: