PDA

View Full Version : the steelers playoffs may be over BUT....

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 01:20 PM
...there is still plenty of good football im looking to see.

some steelers things:

-i wanna see ike taylor be given a chance to single up on steve smith.

-the ravens blow their wad against the steelers again and stumble into the playoffs just like last time. (you know, like the game where they tried to get jamal lewis e. dickersons record and we took the game to o.t.)

-the steelers prove they can pass the ball to open up the run game.

- us play spoilers on new years

-willie have another 200yd game

some NFL things:

-LT break the td record and have more td's than all but 5 qb's

-drew brees pass for 4800 yds and lead the saints to the playoffs

-bengals vs. colts

-pats commit 5 turnovers the next time they face a good team

-cutler struggle but be good enough to secure the 6th playoff spot (denvers future is in the bengals and steelers hands)

-LJ carry the load and get the 5th seed

-pats manipulate their last game of the season to ensure they face denver with a rookie qb, and not kc in the playoffs

-pats lose to indy. kc and sd put on a running back clinic.

-colts vs. sd for the right to go to the sb

-an early playoff exit for the cowboys

-saints vs. bears for the right to go to the sb.

anyone else looking forward to anything besides the start of the steelers 07 season?

skidboot
12-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I wanna see us be a total pain in the arce against our Opponent.

If there is a chance we could ruin a teams playoff quest I'd love to kick em in the teeth.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati Dec 31st ....I'd LOVE to ruin their playoff dream

BigDuke6
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
"-the steelers prove they can pass the ball to open up the run game."

The Steelers so far this year are 4th overall in passing offence. They can throw the ball. They just cant protect it and have a nasty habit of dropping it at inopportune times.

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 02:04 PM
"-the steelers prove they can pass the ball to open up the run game."

The Steelers so far this year are 4th overall in passing offence. They can throw the ball. They just cant protect it and have a nasty habit of dropping it at inopportune times.yes. i want them to drop to about 10th in passing and see the run game at about 10th instead of 17th. i think passing early instead of late can help acheive that balance. (atleast for the last 5 games)

BigDuke6
12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
yes. i want them to drop to about 10th in passing and see the run game at about 10th instead of 17th. i think passing early instead of late can help acheive that balance. (atleast for the last 5 games)

Just like the playoffs last year. Pass early/often, get a lead then play D.

floodcitygirl
12-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Thank you for the breath of fresh air with this thread! And I agree....beating the Bengals for New Years.....:banana: :tt02:

PisnNapalm
12-02-2006, 03:15 PM
For the rest of the season, I want the Steelers to play like the teams of the 50's and 60's. The Steelers may not win the game but the other team will damn sure feel like they lost!!

83-Steelers-43
12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Tony and PisNapalm, I agree. Look forward to everything both of you stated.

Steelersfan4life
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
how bout the draft. ill be very interested to see where we go with this one

tony hipchest
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
how bout the draft. ill be very interested to see where we go with this oneid rather watch some football.

Stlrs4Life
12-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Thank you for the breath of fresh air with this thread! And I agree....beating the Bengals for New Years.....:banana: :tt02:

That would be awesome!

In Cowher We Trust
12-03-2006, 08:11 AM

If there is a chance we could ruin a teams playoff quest I'd love to kick em in the teeth.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati Dec 31st ....I'd LOVE to ruin their playoff dreamagree with you

LarryNJ
12-03-2006, 09:12 AM

I think their playoff dreams will go down the drain in Indy & Denver.

nepf2006
12-03-2006, 09:27 AM

maybe if your real good and you stop worrying about kicking in people's teeth SANTA may bring you a real team for christmas like he brings new england fans every year. we even have a real quarterback unlike your gutless wonderboy big ben

floodcitygirl
12-03-2006, 09:31 AM
That would be awesome!It's pretty much a given that Steeler fans want to see this team go out and play with heart and soul and utilize all the talent that they have for the rest of the season....hopefully producing a win every time. Winning the game in Cincy, just feels a little more personal to me. Oh yeah, Dom....it would be awesome!!! :jammin:

james203
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM
the steelers are not out of the playoff hunt.they just need to win the remaining 5 games ( bucs,clowns,panthers,ravens & bengals ).they also need help.i know its a slim chance of pittsburgh making the playoffs but stranger things have happened in the nfl.just remember last year they were a 6th seeded team & they beat ciny,indy,denver & seattle.they were under dogs to cincy,indy & denver.ill just hope for the best.

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 05:50 PM
i shouldve included the bush vs. gore bowl. that looked like it was a fun game to watch.

SwedishSteeler
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
the steelers are not out of the playoff hunt.they just need to win the remaining 5 games ( bucs,clowns,panthers,ravens & bengals ).they also need help.i know its a slim chance of pittsburgh making the playoffs but stranger things have happened in the nfl.just remember last year they were a 6th seeded team & they beat ciny,indy,denver & seattle.they were under dogs to cincy,indy & denver.ill just hope for the best.

Aben

tony hipchest
12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
definitely some good football this weekend. the steelers still arent mathematically eliminated so there are still maningful games to look forward too from them rather than dreaming about the draft. got to see that 200 yd game from parker, LT break the record. drew brees is still on pace fo 4800 yds and carved up the cowboys. although the pats didnt have their typical 4-5 turnovers, miami shutting them out was nice.

next weekend should be just as good as this one was.

sumo
12-11-2006, 12:29 PM
id rather watch some football.

I agree Tony - I'm getting real tired of all the talk about the draft and looking to next year - we're still in the middle of football season - we have three big games coming up - the end of the season, the playoffs, Super Bowl etc - this is the best time of year and I would like to see the Steelrs make a strong statement on the way out instead of worrying about the draft/next year - that's what the month of April is for...

fansince'76
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
maybe if your real good and you stop worrying about kicking in people's teeth SANTA may bring you a real team for christmas like he brings new england fans every year. we even have a real quarterback unlike your gutless wonderboy big ben

Nice game against the Fins yesterday - looked great against the Lions too. Brady stopped crying about getting sacked 4 times yet?