PDA

View Full Version : Worst possible Super Bowl

LambertLunatic
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Looking at who will probably make the playoffs, the worst possible potential Super Bowl matchup would be New England VS Dallas.

If New England wins, they match the Steeler dynasty of 4 SB wins in 6 years.

If Dallas wins, they become the 1st team to win 6 SBs.

I'd rather see the ravens or bungles win it all :(

Steelers
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
No Chicago?

LambertLunatic
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
No Chicago?

Chicago would be fine with me. What I meant was that EVEN the ravens or bungles would be better that NE or Dallas. ANYBODY but those 2!

Ward86XL
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
If the AFC were to win the Super Bowl I would like to see San Diego Chargers

If the NFC were to win then I would like to see the New Orleans Saints even tho they're not one of the best teams in the league

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Chargers/Bears or Chargers/Saints.

BlacknGold76
12-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Saints/Ravens or Bears/Ravens

bozz723
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
0% chance the patriots goto the superbowl

3 to be 4
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Chicago would be fine with me. What I meant was that EVEN the ravens or bungles would be better that NE or Dallas. ANYBODY but those 2!

are you kidding? Belichick vs Parcells?? that would be HUGE.

much more interesting than an aging,overated RB playing his last game in his hometown against the (yawn) Seahawks. :wink02:

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Looking at who will probably make the playoffs, the worst possible potential Super Bowl matchup would be New England VS Dallas.

I'd rather see the ravens or bungles win it all :(agree 100%. i cANt take even 1 week of the Tuna vs. the pink snapper hype.

its all about pittsburgh preserving their historical superiority at this point.

Hines0wnz
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
0% chance the patriots goto the superbowl

I concur, they havent played a complete team all season until they beat the Bears last week. And they only won because played a little less crappy. They may be one and done in the playoffs depending how they are seeded.

Hines0wnz
12-03-2006, 09:55 PM

I'd rather see the ravens or bungles win it all :(

No worries, Dallas will be eating chokeberries during Christmas and if NE wins their wild card game they will get beat up by the Ravens D or picked apart by Peyton.

skinart82
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I say Chargers vs Saints with the Chargers winning 34-24. Please dear God if you have any love for the Steelers at all.....NO Dallas or New England. And to hell with the ravens and bengals!

fansince'76
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I say Chargers vs Saints with the Chargers winning 34-24. Please dear God if you have any love for the Steelers at all.....NO Dallas or New England. And to hell with the ravens and bengals!

I don't really think you have to worry about Dallas - I don't think they could beat SD, Indy or NE.

beSteelmyheart
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM

I hear ya! Any of your last 4 choices would make me want to puke, but of the 4, I'd rather see Cincy...can't stand em, either, but they are the lesser of the 4 evils.

fansince'76
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I hear ya! Any of your last 4 choices would make me want to puke, but of the 4, I'd rather see Cincy...can't stand em, either, but they are the lesser of the 4 evils.

Hate to break your bubble, but I don't see the Bungles going anywhere, not with that sorry excuse for a D they have.

SteelersMongol
12-03-2006, 11:13 PM

Agreed. I don't wanna see no Ravens or Bengals. Especially no Bengals. God, no! I still remember how many whiny posts I ran into on the internet after 2005 wild card game from the Bengals fans and Seahawks fans after the SB game. That's why we should do our best to make sure that it's not the Bengals!!! :tt02: I say no to Bengals, or Seahawks, or Ravens, or Cowboys, or Patriots. It doesn't matter whoever else wins. :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 02:02 AM
I think the Patriots in the SB would be just fantastic.

4 in 6 would be sweet, equal one of those long standing records - then go ahead and consign it to history the year after.

NM

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
The Pats have reached the stage of the year where they need to step it up; if they get a bye and only need to win one playoff game on the road I believe they can make the SB.

I think they will end up 13-3. LITP - do you know what their tiebreaker situation is with the Chargers? I know they lose the tiebreaker to Indy.

As for worst possible SB, that would be Ravens-Cowboys (Ray Ray & T.O.) for me. After last Thursday night's performance, I have a hard time seeing the Ravens getting there.

I am picking Chargers-Seahawks at the moment.

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
The Pats have reached the stage of the year where they need to step it up; if they get a bye and only need to win one playoff game on the road I believe they can make the SB.

I think they will end up 13-3. LITP - do you know what their tiebreaker situation is with the Chargers? I know they lose the tiebreaker to Indy.

As for worst possible SB, that would be Ravens-Cowboys (Ray Ray & T.O.) for me. After last Thursday night's performance, I have a hard time seeing the Ravens getting there.

I am picking Chargers-Seahawks at the moment.

Hey Dan,

Im pretty sure that the tiebreaker will be conference record, and the Patriots have lost all 3 of their games to AFC teams.

The Chargers have lost both of their games to AFC teams also.

If the Chargers are to lose another game, and it is is to either Denver or Kansas then this tiebreaker remains even.

If the Chargers lose to Arizona or Seattle and finish 13-3 they'll be ahead of the Patriots.

Common games is the next tiebreaker - Tennessee, Cincy, Denver and Buffalo.

The Patriots are 2-1 with the Tennessee game remaining.

The Chargers are 3-0 with the Denver game remaining.

Afte that its 'strength of victory' which I guess is points difference in those 4 games.

At the minute its advantage San Diego, but if san Diego do lose another game it will be important to the Patriots that they lose the right game.

NM

Ambridge
12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I agree!
No Superbowl for the Rats, Pats, Bungles or Cowpies.

I'd like to see San Diego and Chicago end up in Miami.
Marty gets the monkey off his back and the Chargers kick the hell out of the Bears.

San Diego-34
Chicago-13

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Even though they will be home for the playoffs the Bears clearly have major issues with Grossman.

Bears would lose to any of the 4 AFC Division winners. Based on Grossman's performance over the last month I do not see them in Miami.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Worst super bowl?.....Bears vs Benglas.......Two groups of fairweather fans who know NOTHING about football!!! The injustice of it would KILL me!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I agree!

Marty gets the monkey off his back and the Chargers kick the hell out of the Bears.

San Diego-34
Chicago-13

NOOOOOO!!!! Ambridge...with you being in VA, you wouldnt know this..but the Bears fanbase=Bengals fanbase...without the rivalry. 90% of them couldnt name more than three to four players on their team!!!! Your killing me brother!!!

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Even though they will be home for the playoffs the Bears clearly have major issues with Grossman.

Bears would lose to any of the 4 AFC Division winners. Based on Grossman's performance over the last month I do not see them in Miami.

Grossman has been truly awful over the last couple of games, and against teams with average DB corps (New England and Minnesota)

21/53 210 yards O TD's 6 INTS

A QB ranking of 12!

Im not sure of he can pull out of this tailspin - can his defense keep taking the ball away on such an amazingly frequent basis?

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Grossman has been truly awful over the last couple of games, and against teams with average DB corps (New England and Minnesota)

21/53 210 yards O TD's 6 INTS

A QB ranking of 12!

Im not sure of he can pull out of this tailspin - can his defense keep taking the ball away on such an amazingly frequent basis?

NM

Bears have a Chiefs mentality when it comes to WR's....they seem to think that they can just plug anyone in...someone please name for me the last Bears WR who was REALLY GOOD! (But then again Grossman isnt Trent Green either). Aside from all that...I have NO DOUBT that with the same schedule...the Steelers sould be in the playoff hunt...not that we are that good..but their schedule is that pitifully weak!!!

Ambridge
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
NOOOOOO!!!! Ambridge...with you being in VA, you wouldnt know this..but the Bears fanbase=Bengals fanbase...without the rivalry. 90% of them couldnt name more than three to four players on their team!!!! Your killing me brother!!!

That's some funny stuff!!
The only way I would want the Bengals to even get a sniff of the Superbowl is if there was some guarantee that they would totally get humiliated with a blow-out loss.

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Bears have a Chiefs mentality when it comes to WR's....they seem to think that they can just plug anyone in...someone please name for me the last Bears WR who was REALLY GOOD! (But then again Grossman isnt Trent Green either). Aside from all that...I have NO DOUBT that with the same schedule...the Steelers sould be in the playoff hunt...not that we are that good..but their schedule is that pitifully weak!!!

The Bears major problem is their hugely predictable offense.

Pound, pound...bomb.

pound, pound...bomb.

Grossman doesn't appear to be able to throw at anything less than full velocity - you would think a total lack of touch would have been noticed by scouts.

Their offense relies on WR's who run simple, straight routes and who simply outspeed the covering DB's - and if they dont or the ball is underthrown they hope for the PI flag.

The Bears division is pitifully weak - Greenbay, Detroit and Minnesota are pretty poor teams - so thats basically 6 wins in the bag.

Im convinced that eventually their D will snap under the pressure of carrying the team week in, week out.

NM

boLT fan
12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
I agree!

San Diego-34
Chicago-13

:iagree:

hardwork
12-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Patriots vs. Cowboys? Love it. We already smashed one TO super bowl team.

fansince'76
12-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Patriots vs. Cowboys? Love it. We already smashed one TO super bowl team.

That one would be a blowout, IMHO. The Cowboys haven't shown me anything to suggest that they wouldn't lose by at least 2 TDs to the Colts, Pats or Chargers at this point.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I concur, they havent played a complete team all season until they beat the Bears last week. And they only won because played a little less crappy. They may be one and done in the playoffs depending how they are seeded.

"Bring on the Trojans...Oooop"??? Not very funny but painfully true. Have fun with that 2 QB crap. Gators are going to blow.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
It's pretty easy to chalk up the Chargers but...

I'm seeing a very very different Jacksonville team sans Brian Leftwich.