PDA

View Full Version : I WISH WE HAD BRANDON JACOBS

NV STEELERS 723
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I have been watching him since the season started,.... he is 6' 4" 260 Can you imagine him in black and gold running North and South ?

The Giants are lucky to have him...

Could we have drafted him?

ATLANTA DAN.... tell me the answers!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I have been watching him since the season started,.... he is 6' 4" 260 Can you imagine him in black and gold running North and South ?

The Giants are lucky to have him...

Could we have drafted him?

ATLANTA DAN.... tell me the answers!

Yes the Steelers had a chance to draft him and he was one of my sleepers in the 2005 NFL draft. He started out at Auburn and was behind Caddie Williams and Ronnie Brown. He then transferred to Southern Illinois and starred there. Was a 3rd or 4th round pick if I remember correctly. Jacobs would be the perfect power back for the Steelers and make a really good combo with Willie Parker.

NV STEELERS 723
12-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Yes the Steelers had a chance to draft him and he was one of my sleepers in the 2005 NFL draft. He started out at Auburn and was behind Caddie Williams and Ronnie Brown. He then transferred to Southern Illinois and starred there. Was a 3rd or 4th round pick if I remember correctly. Jacobs would be the perfect power back for the Steelers and make a really good combo with Willie Parker.

Thanks for the info .......even though the info disappoints me we missed him... He's a NY GIANT and we can't change that..... but we could improve our OF LINE....STEELERS football is passing it 20 times and running it 45 times...

Even though we won't go to the playoffs, I'm going to say "HERE WE GO STEELERS , HERE WE GO ".........

Hines0wnz
12-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Great, more "I miss The Bus" talk. :blah: :blah: :blah:

NV STEELERS 723
12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes I do miss the Bus....all of us do....

fansince'76
12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes I do miss the Bus....all of us do....

Yep - same here. Doesn't change the fact that he's gone and he's not coming back. We have to try to win with the players we have. I'm also tired of the "big back" threads - look around the NFL and tell me if there is a "big back" at the present that could carry the Bus' jock? Good luck finding something that isn't there.

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Yep - same here. Doesn't change the fact that he's gone and he's not coming back. We have to try to win with the players we have. I'm also tired of the "big back" threads - look around the NFL and tell me if there is a "big back" at the present that could carry the Bus' jock? Good luck finding something that isn't there. i dont think our new head coach will be as devoted to "the big back" as cowher was. (foster, bam, bettis, staley)

as far as finding the next greatest "big back" i throw 2 names at you. c. humes and j. kuhn. (bettis was a top draft pick)

and the giants have struck out when trying to draft "thunder" in the 1st round (ron dayne).

fansince'76
12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
i dont think our new head coach will be as devoted to "the big back" as cowher was. (foster, bam, bettis, staley)

as far as finding the next greatest "big back" i throw 2 names at you. c. humes and j. kuhn. (bettis was a top draft pick)

and the giants have struck out when trying to draft "thunder" in the 1st round (ron dayne).

I kind of like how Davenport has played so far - I do wish they'd work him into the offense a bit more than they have.

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I kind of like how Davenport has played so far - I do wish they'd work him into the offense a bit more than they have.

hell, i was just happy to see d. kreider get a run today. sure beat a ben int.

fansince'76
12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
hell, i was just happy to see d. kreider get a run today. sure beat a ben int.

No doubt - I also think they've continued to seriously underutilize Heath. It seems like every time that kid gets the ball in his hands, good things happen for us.

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 11:41 PM
No doubt - I also think they've continued to seriously underutilize Heath. It seems like every time that kid gets the ball in his hands, good things happen for us.heath or jerame. the way this season has gone, im down for using 3 te's with heath in the slot.

BigDuke6
12-04-2006, 12:24 AM
heath or jerame. the way this season has gone, im down for using 3 te's with heath in the slot.

I think we're almost out of WRs so you may get your wish.

brind666
12-04-2006, 04:56 AM
i wouldnt mind see jacobs in black and gold..

Infamix
12-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Maybe we will get him in 2 years

HometownGal
12-04-2006, 08:17 AM

I agree with you on Davenport. He really hasn't played much since he's been here, but I think if given a fair shake, he would be a reliable one-two punch with FWP in that backfield.

The Bus was a special kind of player and no one can really replace him, imho.

Ambridge
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
The Giants took Jacobs in the 4th round of the '05 draft.

The Steelers drafted Fred Gibson in the 4th round of the '05 draft and he didn't even make the final roster.

That really makes you scratch your head after the fact.

Hines0wnz
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
The Bus was a special kind of player and no one can really replace him, imho.

I've been saying this all along, everyone needs to get over it. He is gone, retired and never coming back. Players like him only come around once in a while and we were fortunate to have him on the Steelers. Sticking in "some big back to complement Willie" isnt the solution as whoever his name is wont be Bettis.

SalukiSteelers
12-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I watched Jacobs play at SIU. Man, he wore defenses down. Here's something, though. He played at SIU in 2004 but wasn't even the starter. Arkee Whitlock, a finalist for the 2006 Payton Award as Division I-AA's most valuable offensive player, got the nod ahead of both Jacobs and Minnesota transfer Terry Jackson. I do like Jacobs, though. He wears defenses down but he's not the sharpest guy. With Tiki retiring at the end of the season -- allegedly -- I don't see the Giants letting a guy who's as big as a defensive end, but much faster, leave very easily. If the Steelers did find a way to get Jacobs it would take him a while to learn the system, whoever the coach is when he gets here.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
The Giants took Jacobs in the 4th round of the '05 draft.

The Steelers drafted Fred Gibson in the 4th round of the '05 draft and he didn't even make the final roster.

That really makes you scratch your head after the fact.

Gibson was a typically misguided Steeler WR pick who literally could not remember the plays - million dollar body and ten cent head, just like the guy he was drafted to replace (my man Plax).

Hopefully the Steelers will not replace their obsession with wasting draft picks on a prototype WR by now reaching for prototype big backs that are draft day busts.

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Brandon Jacobs has already made a name for himself in NY as a punishing down hill runner.

I really can't see him voluntarily putting himself in a situation where he is the least significant part of a thunder/lightning combo - he's already doing that behind one of the best RB's of his generation.

Battering ram Rb's with the qualities Bettis had are few and far between - just because Pittsburgh and its fanbase views itself as a power running team doesn't mean they are anymore lilely to unearth anyone of that quality for a long time.

In fact, after the money invested in Willie P, i'd expect the offensive style to be worked around him a little more rather than bringing in a 'big back'

NM

NV STEELERS 723
12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi HinesOwnz........GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!