PDA

View Full Version : Browns Injuries - Charlie Frye Broken Wrist?

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2006, 11:17 AM
John Clayton reports on ESPN.com that Charlie Frye has a broken right wrist.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week13

Both Steelers starting safeties may be out, but this would appear to at least somewhat make up for that problem.

HometownGal
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
John Clayton reports on ESPN.com that Charlie Frye has a broken right wrist.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week13

Both Steelers starting safeties may be out, but this would appear to at least somewhat make up for that problem.

I dunno, Dan - Derek Anderson looked pretty darned impressive yesterday against the Chiefs and brought the Clowns back to beat 'em in OT. He's a big dude (6'6) and fairly mobile, as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Steelers D is going to have their hands full on Thursday night with this guy.

j-dawg
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
i heard this as well... but like hometown says, anderson had a good game... and i'm sure the steelers don't have much film on him. the game thursday is going to be a battle... for sure.

sumo
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I dunno, Dan - Derek Anderson looked pretty darned impressive yesterday against the Chiefs and brought the Clowns back to beat 'em in OT. He's a big dude (6'6) and fairly mobile, as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Steelers D is going to have their hands full on Thursday night with this guy.

I agree 100% - I followed much of Derek's college career - the guy is good - Frye going down is probably not a good thing for us ...Derek loves to run the ball - he's not fast but he's hard to bring down - I never saw him slide a single time when he was in college - runs like a running back, has decent arm strength, and makes good decisions...we will have our hands full with Anderson...

Ambridge
12-04-2006, 01:55 PM

Anderson sure did look pretty good yesterday!!
He's just the type of new-no name QB that could torch the Steelers.

I would rather the Steelers face Frye instead.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
For all I know he may be the second coming of Ben replacing Maddox but if he was better than Frye I assume he would have been playing before yesterday.

All I am saying is it presumably is better to play against the back-up than the the starter unless the HC deciding who starts is clueless.

tony hipchest
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
i only saw a few of andersons throws but dude looks like he throws lasers. do all his throws look like that 1 td pass?

Infamix
12-04-2006, 04:05 PM
He reminds me of fitzpatrick of last year. He will be good the first game where he comes in but is not the long term solution. He's not going to torch the Steelers

j-dawg
12-04-2006, 11:11 PM
i only saw a few of andersons throws but dude looks like he throws lasers. do all his throws look like that 1 td pass?

from what i saw in preseason, yeah, he's got a gun.

he played nfl europe this past year as well.... made some mistakes.... but he certainly pulled through on sunday!

tony hipchest
12-05-2006, 12:00 AM
from what i saw in preseason, yeah, he's got a gun.

he played nfl europe this past year as well.... made some mistakes.... but he certainly pulled through on sunday!from what i saw, he runs hard and had some farve like heat on the td pass to 82.

i didnt know of him from nfl europe. perhaps litp can fill us in.

j-dawg
12-05-2006, 12:40 AM
yeah.. i screwed up there.. it wasn't derek in nfl europe this past year... it was lang campbell....