PDA

View Full Version : Who cares??????

1NYSTEELER1
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Why does everyone care so much that the win was not PRETTY enough?? :blah:

I will take that W everytime and when I look back @ Sunday there were some better teams (supposedly) getting it worse. An get this, some actually LOST and some of them WON but I wouldn't say they won PRETTY. Here is a list of 10 teams that I wouldn't be running around the office on Monday hooting and holering about. So I will list them in no particular order:

1. Denver - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP last year with JAKE, in the hunt this year ssooooo- I got an idea let's change qb's RIGHT NOW and really put the pressure on Cutler (is he 12 yet). Very SMOOOOOOTTTHHHH, he looked good right??? I enjoyed it cuz I am a Steelers Fan and needed it. Here is a LOSS for you. Sorry Broncos fan.

2. Indy - Looking for home field advantage, so let's blow a 14 point lead to the Titans and there rookie QB. Here is a LOSS for you. Sorry Mr. Manning, no soup for you. Granted I am also glad we do not play Tennessee. This game probably won't mean much right??? See you in San Diego.

3. K.C. - First of all thank you for your tremendous flop, again I needed it. But come on 14 pts in the last half of the 4th quarter to the Clowns with a back up QB, very impressive. Clowns fans don't get excited you will be shown your proper place on Thursday Night AND yes Mr. Cook I am looking forward to watching :tt02:

4. Chicago - What the &*&$@* was that!!!! And you won, if I didn't see it myself I wouldn't believe it, be thankful you have clinched a spot because you are out of the playoffs after game #1. Rex GROSSman. Sorry Bear fans.

5. Minnesota - See #4. You lost to that.

6. Houston - Again, What the &*&$@* was that!!!! Deja Vu. Minus 5 passing and you win, I think I am more concerned with how you win with that game than I amd with Global Warning!!!

7. Oakland - See #6. Just go kill yourself now!!! At least you now know what it feels like to lose a game you should won (Enter: Terrible Pittsburgh flashback now)

8. New England - Damn them for always finding a way. Are they complaining about their WIN. Not sure, but hey, they did defeat a very GAMEY Lion team. Which Roy Williams was quoted as saying "We're 2-10, but we are a GOOD 2-10" Maybe he shouldn't talk anymore.

9. Detroit - Hey at least you almost won a game that you had no right to! You are a Very Good 2-10 team. Matt Millen for 10 more years PLEASE. At least you hosted a very nice Super Bowl, you could still say that like we still are defending Super Bowl Champs, you can be defending Super Bowl Hosts.......(golf clap)

10. NY Giants - I just put them on the list because I no longer have to root for Plaxico and then watch him QUIT or doing something stupid. I did like the 6'6" part of Plaxiglass though.

I could go on, because I am a STEELERS Fan, and always will be. I just wanted to let the true Steelers fans know that I FOR ONE AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WIN. It was AWESOME :helmet: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheers:

Thank you for your time and as always GO STEELERS

MJ5150
12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Why does everyone care so much that the win was not PRETTY enough??

Because we don't play Tamp Bay every week.

-Mike

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Lets see Da Bears and the Colts have won their divisions. The Pats will win theirs. The Steelers are 5-7 and yet smack is being talked to three division champs while the Steelers will be at home during the AFC playoffs this year.

The win was far from awesome. Actually the Steelers should beat the Bucs at Pittsburgh. Its a win not to brag about.

ChronoCross
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I would not call the Bears winning there division a accomplishment. Bears is a flat out joke, living off of 2 years of being handed the playoffs. If the Steelers had there easy schedule we would be in the same place. #1 defense, won the division. Bears is not a legit contender just a joke squad thinking they got something good. Shows how weak the NFC is. Last year #3 weakest schedule in the league this year #2 weakest schedule in the league. Wow a dream come true.

Colts have beat some good teams actually this year but hey with there defense they will not make the SB again. Heck I remember alittle while back over a year ago first set of games people thought Colts had a defense but clearly showed it was strenght of there schedule making there defense look better then what it was. Same as Chicago strength of schedule making that defense look good for 2 years now.

As poor as the Pats are playing and making the playoffs. Could be danger for other teams.

Ravens and Chargers AFC ChampionShip

SeaChickens and Saints NFC ChampionShip

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I would not call the Bears winning there division a accomplishment. Bears is a flat out joke, living off of 2 years of being handed the playoffs. If the Steelers had there easy schedule we would be in the same place. #1 defense, won the division. Bears is not a legit contender just a joke squad thinking they got something good. Shows how weak the NFC is. Last year #3 weakest schedule in the league this year #2 weakest schedule in the league. Wow a dream come true.

Colts have beat some good teams actually this year but hey with there defense they will not make the SB again. Heck I remember alittle while back over a year ago first set of games people thought Colts had a defense but clearly showed it was strenght of there schedule making there defense look better then what it was. Same as Chicago strength of schedule making that defense look good for 2 years now.

As poor as the Pats are playing and making the playoffs. Could be danger for other teams.

Ravens and Chargers AFC ChampionShip

SeaChickens and Saints NFC ChampionShip

Typical response that I expected. Even at 5-7 the chest thumping continues for the Steelers and every other team in the NFL sucks.

1NYSTEELER1
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Lets see Da Bears and the Colts have won their divisions. The Pats will win theirs. The Steelers are 5-7 and yet smack is being talked to three division champs while the Steelers will be at home during the AFC playoffs this year.

The win was far from awesome. Actually the Steelers should be the Bucs at Pittsburgh. Its a win not to brag about

Well then, what was I thinking, I guess you are right that win sucked....... I never bragged or talked smack about a division leader, I just stated that not everyone is going to have a PRETTY win and some teams won't have many more wins to come. Last I knew a win in the NFL is not easy, and on any given Sunday, and all that CRAP. I thought most fans were happy when there team one, but apparently to SOME it just isn't good enough and all wins should be 41-0 shutouts or we can complain. THAT'S HORSE $&#^#%

Just curious, What type of win was Super Bowl XL to you? Was that pretty OR should we take the trophy and complain that the win just wasn't pretty enough.

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM

The win was far from awesome. Actually the Steelers should be the Bucs at Pittsburgh. Its a win not to brag about

Well then, what was I thinking, I guess you are right that win sucked....... I never bragged or talked smack about a division leader, I just stated that not everyone is going to have a PRETTY win and some teams won't have many more wins to come. Last I knew a win in the NFL is not easy, and on any given Sunday, and all that CRAP. I thought most fans were happy when there team one, but apparently to SOME it just isn't good enough and all wins should be 41-0 shutouts or we can complain. THAT'S HORSE $&#^#%

Just curious, What type of win was Super Bowl XL to you? Was that pretty OR should we take the trophy and complain that the win just wasn't pretty enough.

I think the main problem some people have is that an ugly victory in the context of a winning season is not viewed the same as the same ugly victory in a season full of disappointments.

The fanbase of the Colts is in flatout panic mode after their loss, but it was a loss to an inspired Titans team and wont mean their season is at an end - that loss is simply a blip on the road to HFA through most, if not all, of the playoffs.

You can also bet there is something of an inquest by Patriots fans into why last nights game was so close - Detriot is a poor team and should have been put to the sword - they were kept alive by a worrying mix of penalties (poor discipline) and turnovers (not for the 1st time this season).

We have our two starting safeties injured at this time, and have recently lost our top-tackling ILB so there are reasons why the team struggles sometimes.

But all of this can be viewed through the context of eventually making the playoffs.

The Pittsburgh performance was yet another poor effort in the middle of a season where they have only functioned close to their ability in one game - Kansas City.

In a season that is now pretty much doomed to insignificance fans want to see the green shoots of recovery to give them hope for next year - not a scrappy win against an NFC bottom feeder.

NM

Haiku_Dirtt
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM

The win was far from awesome. Actually the Steelers should beat the Bucs at Pittsburgh. Its a win not to brag about.

I'd be taking a serious look at the 'new' Jacksonville team.

With Tampa's defense line the fact that Parker didn't have a better game is shining brightly - and not like a star.

MACH1
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
At this point I'll take a W pretty or not.

Steelersfan4life0655
12-05-2006, 12:32 AM
if any of you have played NFL Headcoach, i can recall a quote from our headcoach himself as saying "So what if we won ugly." a win is a win and thats all that counts. :tt02:

fansince'76
12-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Last I checked, this was the NFL, not the NCAA - style points mean squat at the pro level, thankfully.

HometownGal
12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Typical response that I expected. Even at 5-7 the chest thumping continues for the Steelers and every other team in the NFL sucks.

Damned straight I'm going to thump my chest (ouch - that smarts!) when the Steelers pull off a win this season. A win, no matter how hapless the opponent, is a bright spot in what has unfortunately been a fairly dark season. I'm not going to allow a bunch of spoiled, ungrateful fans (not referencing you, Dan my sweet - I know better) or misery loves company reporters trying to sell a tribunal ruin the thrill of any victory by the team I have adored for all of my life. This season is what it is and after the wild ride last season, my fingernails need the break - LOL! In all seriousness, though - I believe in this organization and know they will do what is best to get our Steelers back on the winning track - they've rarely let us down over the past 30 years and I, for one, am damned grateful for all of their successes, no matter how pretty or ugly those seasons have been. :tt02:

stlrtruck
12-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Remember last year when a win was a win was a win.
Just because this year has been a dismal turnout, doesn't mean that a win isn't a win!!

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
The Pittsburgh performance was yet another poor effort in the middle of a season where they have only functioned close to their ability in one game - Kansas City.

I disagree we have performed in plenty of games. The stats back that up the turnovers killed us this season. The rat game was the only game that I was ashamed of.

But if you want to mention games, even in a loss our D was top notch in Jacksonville, very hard fought game.

We beat the Dolphins easily another game that you didn't mention.

And I could go on and on and even mention the games we dominated but lost because of turnovers by rookies etc.

Bottom line is a win is a win I could care less if it comes in a losing or a winning season pretty or ugly. Few more wins and we could finish a respectable 9 and 7. So there is also football left to play...........................