PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Bungles.......

1NYSTEELER1
12-05-2006, 07:49 AM
HOUSTON -- Cincinnati Bengals rookie wide receiver Reggie McNeal was arrested in Houston and charged with resisting arrest after being refused entrance to a nightclub early Sunday.

McNeal, a former Texas A&M quarterback, was arrested outside The Red Door, said Houston police spokesman Gabe Ortiz on Monday.

Ortiz said McNeal approached two officers who were standing near the entrance and became unruly when the officers told him the club was closing. McNeal "became aggressive and started using profanity" when the officers refused to let him enter, Ortiz said.

Now On The Docket ...
Reggie McNeal is the seventh Bengal to be arrested since December 2005.
Player Pos. Transgression(s)
Reggie McNeal WR Resisting arrest
Matthias Askew DT Resisting arrest
Eric Steinbach G Boating under the influence
Chris Henry WR x-Total of five
Frostee Rucker DE Spousal battery
A.J. Nicholson LB Burglary, grand theft
Odell Thurman LB League substance abuse policy violation
x-unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana

McNeal walked away, then approached the officers again and elbowed one of them in the chest. Officers detected "a strong odor of alcohol" from McNeal, police said.

McNeal was taken to jail, then released on a $1,000 bond. He was due in Harris County district court on Friday.

McNeal set an A&M record with 6,992 passing yards and rushed for 1,889 yards, the second-most by an Aggie quarterback. The Lufkin, Texas, native set a Big 12 record with 213 consecutive passes without an interception.

McNeal was the Bengals' sixth-round pick and has played sparingly. The Bengals had the weekend off after their Thursday night victory over Baltimore.

"We have been informed that Reggie has been arrested," team spokesman Jack Brennan said. "We don't feel it's appropriate to comment on a matter that's not resolved."

McNeal is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

HometownGal
12-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm sure the Shitsinnati pokey has a hotline directly to Mike Brown's desk. Brown has a storage bin beside his desk full of orange jumpsuits to hand out when he signs a draft pick. The Bungles have officially replaced the Rats as the scum of the NFL.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
The Bengals have become a national joke. These lines are from Jeff Schultz, a columnist for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

One day, I?m going to be walking down the street and see two ex-boxers, three ex-Bengals, Britney Spears and the BCS, drinking out of a paper bag.

The pressure is on the Cincinnati Bengals: With four games left, they now have as many arrests as wins (seven each). Anybody want to lay odds on the winner?

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2006/12/05/the_bcs_jokes_o.html

coachspeak33
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
class is a funny thing....some people have it ..... some people dont..... and the cincinnati bengals dont

coachspeak33
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
i meant wont

gregstephens
12-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok, so Carson Palmer gets busted in Houston, Texas...no, wait. T.J. Houshmandzadeh gets busted for punching out a cop in Texas...no, that's not right either. Oh yeah. Some sixth round pick that was picked up for practice squad mid-season and is only on the Bengals roster due to Washington's injury gets arrested and, somehow managing to take time out from celebrating the Steelers' amazing victory over the powerhouse Bucs, Steeler Nation would like to reflect on the woes of the still-playoff contending Bengals. Meanwhile, as the Steelers are guaranteed to stay home and watch the playoffs on television, Steelers' websites are surprisingly quiet. Anyone notice the date of the last original editorial on this very site? The Steelers football team isn't the only group of people to pack it in early. Worry about getting by Cleveland Thursday, then you can run your mouths about the Bengals.

floodcitygirl
12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Ok, so Carson Palmer gets busted in Houston, Texas...no, wait. T.J. Houshmandzadeh gets busted for punching out a cop in Texas...no, that's not right either. Oh yeah. Some sixth round pick that was picked up for practice squad mid-season and is only on the Bengals roster due to Washington's injury gets arrested and, somehow managing to take time out from celebrating the Steelers' amazing victory over the powerhouse Bucs, Steeler Nation would like to reflect on the woes of the still-playoff contending Bengals. Meanwhile, as the Steelers are guaranteed to stay home and watch the playoffs on television, Steelers' websites are surprisingly quiet. Anyone notice the date of the last original editorial on this very site? The Steelers football team isn't the only group of people to pack it in early. Worry about getting by Cleveland Thursday, then you can run your mouths about the Bengals.Actually, we can always talk about the Bengals. They and their fans just give us so much to work with! :toofunny:

HometownGal
12-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, so Carson Palmer gets busted in Houston, Texas...no, wait. T.J. Houshmandzadeh gets busted for punching out a cop in Texas...no, that's not right either. Oh yeah. Some sixth round pick that was picked up for practice squad mid-season and is only on the Bengals roster due to Washington's injury gets arrested and, somehow managing to take time out from celebrating the Steelers' amazing victory over the powerhouse Bucs, Steeler Nation would like to reflect on the woes of the still-playoff contending Bengals. Meanwhile, as the Steelers are guaranteed to stay home and watch the playoffs on television, Steelers' websites are surprisingly quiet. Anyone notice the date of the last original editorial on this very site? The Steelers football team isn't the only group of people to pack it in early. Worry about getting by Cleveland Thursday, then you can run your mouths about the Bengals.

:blah: :blah: :blah: and did I say :blah: ?

Who gives a flying fondoozle if we'll be home watching the playoffs? Even if the Bungles get into the playoffs this season, which I highly doubt, we need a year off anyway after all of the years we've been in playoff and championship games. The Rooneys need to find a space for that 6th Lombardi that they're going to covet next season, so this will give them plenty of time to find that "proper" spot. :wink02:

Hate to tell you this, buddy, but the Steelers are going to put the final nail in the Bungles' coffin on New Years Eve and we're going to enjoy every last minute of it. You heard it here first :tt02:

P.S. And the Bungles have how many championships under their orange jumpsuits? *ahem* *choke* *cough* :toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
gregstephens is on my ignore list

Thanks for quoting his post to remind me why I put him there.

t-mill
12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Who-dey gonna arrest next??

stillers4me
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: and did I say :blah: ?

Who gives a flying fondoozle if we'll be home watching the playoffs? Even if the Bungles get into the playoffs this season, which I highly doubt, we need a year off anyway after all of the years we've been in playoff and championship games. The Rooneys need to find a space for that 6th Lombardi that they're going to covet next season, so this will give them plenty of time to find that "proper" spot. :wink02:

Hate to tell you this, buddy, but the Steelers are going to put the final nail in the Bungles' coffin on New Years Eve and we're going to enjoy every last minute of it. You heard it here first :tt02:

P.S. And the Bungles have how many championships under their orange jumpsuits? *ahem* *choke* *cough* :toofunny:

I bet they wear that division championship t-shirt under the orange jumpsuits!! :wink02:

ChronoCross
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I really would not even think 7 of them make up for the big one we had. A guy on a motorcycle who claimed he had xp with no license. Ya classic a man we tend not to blame this season but to feel sorry for, who brought all this on himself and help bring this type of season were having on us. Its not about the helmet, for a helmet is not a proven safety measure and for all we know he could of broke his neck if it got caught. Us taking punches at other teams for laughter when are team is the laughing stalk of the NFL from off season to now. Do not get me wrong here, I love a good laugh and a pick on but we are in no position to have fun with another teams player messing up. I just hope we recover to put in a good season next year.

And to the guy saying its a closed case on us making the playoffs. A few more losses by a few teams and all the sudden you will hear the anouncers saying - Look if the Steelers win this and this team has a loss here they have another shot at the playoffs. 9-7 is a shot to get in.

You know Ben did go thru alot in the offseason but mostly his fault. And the Coach starting Ben was yet another big mistake. Ben may have caused his health problem but the coach has not given him the time to heal correctly.

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 05:11 PM
So whats the deal with Chrono Cross how did you come by that nickname? Most know where mine came from. :)

Black@Gold Forever32
12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Well lets see.

Santonio Holmes arrested twice.

Barret Brooks arrested once.

Same for Trai Essex.

I really could care less if players get arrested but that goes to show that even the Steelers have players in their organization that might break the law from time to time. Plus the Steelers are 5-7. Some how the smack just doesn't work when the Steelers suck.

ChronoCross
12-05-2006, 05:39 PM
So whats the deal with Chrono Cross how did you come by that nickname? Most know where mine came from. :)

Me and a bunch of friends did alot of anime back in the day and also love to game. I was over in Germany from 1994 to 2003 and a lot more of my friends stopped calling my thumper and humper to start calling me Chrono over the games and stuff I messed with. In 1999 when I went into UT and took up #1 spot there thru the land wars with my play everyone knew me as ChronoCross. I have just kept it ever since.

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
1994 to 2003

87 to 90 here. Where was you stationed ? I was in Babenhausen and Dj'd in Ashafenburgh (spell check)

ChronoCross
12-05-2006, 05:44 PM
87 to 90 here. Where was you stationed ? I was in Babenhausen and Dj'd in Ashafenburgh (spell check)

Vogelweh Kaiserslautern Area.

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Thread Locked. This has already been posted.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12936