PDA

View Full Version : cowher vs. lovie Smith

brind666
12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
one question (no shit): do these 2 guys have some kind of internal competition about which one of theire STRUGGLING starting qbs will last the longest ???

I mean with # 1 & 2 backup qbs it must be something like this that keeps Grossmann and Ben in the game ???

tony hipchest
12-05-2006, 02:01 PM
:poop:one question (no shit): do these 2 guys have some kind of internal competition about which one of theire STRUGGLING starting qbs will last the longest ???

I mean with # 1 & 2 backup qbs it must be something like this that keeps Grossmann and Ben in the game ???:poop:

i smell lots of it.

DACEB
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
brind666, I find it hard to understand your constant bashing of Ben?
I do understand that he has had a tough time this year, but how can you pile it all on him?
There are at least 2 games that he should not have even played in (Cowhers decision).
The running game has not helped him at all.
The offensive line and receivers have not played well all year.
The play calling (abandoning the run) has been suspect all year.

Do you honestly believe that Batch should be the starter ahead of Ben?

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
one question (no shit): do these 2 guys have some kind of internal competition about which one of theire STRUGGLING starting qbs will last the longest ???

I mean with # 1 & 2 backup qbs it must be something like this that keeps Grossmann and Ben in the game ???

Let's just say Ben's record over the last 3 years is somewhat more impressive than Grossman's and leave it at that.

Buzz05
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I have not heard this guy say one positive thing...ever

fansince'76
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Faceplant into a car windshield, emergency appendectomy, concussion on a cheap shot - all since June. What's Grossman's excuse?

skinart82
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't blame a damn thing on Ben, but I think Cowher is just to hard headed to know when Ben needs a rest and Batch should come in. Cause we all know Ben will never say he isn't ready to play

Dynasty
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
regarding ben, Cowher is one of the biggest idiots ever. stubborn...

ChronoCross
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Ben should of never started until he was healthy. Bad coaching to start the season off with. With all the pounding Ben has had to go thru he has not had a clear shot to heal. Now Grossman no excuse.. Grossman should be kicking ass in a very weak division and very weak schedule. Come on give us a schedule like that.

t-mill
12-05-2006, 05:40 PM
people who bash Ben... I wonder if you've been watching the games... Ever since he's been in the league, he's not played well when returning from injury... but that doesn't mean that you bench him... the only way to remove the cobwebs that develop from not playing is by playing... I agree only that he should not have played against Jacksonville... he was not healthy enough to play yet, and grabbed his abdomen several times while wincing in pain. But if you look at just his INTs, it's easy to say that he should be benched, but if you watch, many of those interceptions are tipped off of his own receiver's hands... all three in Cleveland could have been receptions, and two of them should have been. Plain and simple, when his line has played well for him, to keep him upright, and get Parker going, he's done very well... and the only coaching error Cowher has made this year regarding Ben has been playing him against Jacksonville...

It's gonna take more than one year in which every play that could have gone either way, has gone the way of our opponent's, for me to throw Cowher and Ben under the bus... and it dissappoints me to see so many "fans" doing so.

ChronoCross
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Na. He should not of started his first 5 to 6 games. It takes a lot of time to heal from what he went thru. Coach pushed him back to soon. He needs time to work out, gain weight back, and get in football shape, which I believe he has not been given a chance to get back to. Because you can clearly see he is not himself on the field. I belive if you give Ben them 5 to 6 games off, you would see a better Ben right now. I know there is a lot more then just Ben that went wrong this year but they still pushed him back to soon.

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Ben bashers may something in your life happen to you the way it did Ben.

Big D
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I dont know what to think about all this ben bashing this year. Look what he has done the past three years. I'll take one bad year.

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
He will rebound next year trust me.

Texasfan
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM

I would't go as far as wishing bad things on Ben bashers. I think it's more frustration than anything else.

slashsteel
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
And I was frustrated with the frustrated Ben bashers. :)

RoethlisBURGHer
12-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Just watch,next year Ben is gonna prove all you Ben bashers wrong and have a huge MVP/Pro-Bowl season and probally win his second Super Bowl.

Newzfoxjr
12-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Hell yes, Ben will be back next season. He started off bad because of the accident and surgery, and after he got healthy, it affected his confidence a little bit, I think. Plus the O-line isn't doing that good.

He was like 27-4 [in the regular season] coming into this season, and it's only his 3rd year. If they, and, him, have a good offseason, I think they could get a wildcard or maybe even win the division next season. They just need to get back to basic Steeler football and establish a better running game.

NV STEELERS 723
12-05-2006, 10:39 PM
people who bash Ben... I wonder if you've been watching the games... Ever since he's been in the league, he's not played well when returning from injury... but that doesn't mean that you bench him... the only way to remove the cobwebs that develop from not playing is by playing... I agree only that he should not have played against Jacksonville... he was not healthy enough to play yet, and grabbed his abdomen several times while wincing in pain. But if you look at just his INTs, it's easy to say that he should be benched, but if you watch, many of those interceptions are tipped off of his own receiver's hands... all three in Cleveland could have been receptions, and two of them should have been. Plain and simple, when his line has played well for him, to keep him upright, and get Parker going, he's done very well... and the only coaching error Cowher has made this year regarding Ben has been playing him against Jacksonville...

It's gonna take more than one year in which every play that could have gone either way, has gone the way of our opponent's, for me to throw Cowher and Ben under the bus... and it dissappoints me to see so many "fans" doing so.

Thank You...

Borski
12-05-2006, 11:23 PM

Now I never bashed Ben, nor am I defending thouse who did, but I never think its right to wish harm upon others.

brind666
12-06-2006, 05:01 AM
brind666, I find it hard to understand your constant bashing of Ben?
I do understand that he has had a tough time this year, but how can you pile it all on him?
There are at least 2 games that he should not have even played in (Cowhers decision).
The running game has not helped him at all.
The offensive line and receivers have not played well all year.
The play calling (abandoning the run) has been suspect all year.

Do you honestly believe that Batch should be the starter ahead of Ben?

yes as a matter of fact i do... cowhers decision or not ben is a grown up man, i guess if he tells cowher he cant play then i am pretty sure cowher would go with batch instead its not that ben is forced to play everytime with a backup like batch.... i just dont get it... and NO i dont blame all of it on ben i just simply think that batch would have done it much better this year... thats all.. i know parker have sucked all year along with the oline...

brind666
12-06-2006, 05:03 AM
I have not heard this guy say one positive thing...ever

i sure have... ryan clark he is #1

brind666
12-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Faceplant into a car windshield, emergency appendectomy, concussion on a cheap shot - all since June. What's Grossman's excuse?

grossman just plain out sucks...

brind666
12-06-2006, 05:05 AM
regarding ben, Cowher is one of the biggest idiots ever. stubborn...

SO TRUE!!!!!

brind666
12-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Just watch,next year Ben is gonna prove all you Ben bashers wrong and have a huge MVP/Pro-Bowl season and probally win his second Super Bowl.

IS THAT A BET ??? I PUT 1000USD ON THAT BEN WILL NEVER GET A PRO BOWL ??????

DACEB
12-06-2006, 07:08 AM
IS THAT A BET ??? I PUT 1000USD ON THAT BEN WILL NEVER GET A PRO BOWL ??????

Thats a pretty easy bet considering the system that we run or historically run (run, run, run the ball).
We all know we don't want to throw the ball more than 30 times a game.
How many pro bowls has T. Brady been to??

brind666
12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Thats a pretty easy bet considering the system that we run or historically run (run, run, run the ball).

i totally i agree with you :-) he is a good qb in our system but thats it... he will never put up big numbers... but is still a good qb when healty...

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Chicago Tribune reads " Bears kicked out of Playoffs"

Livinginthe past
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM

I believe Brady has been selected for 3 Pro-bowls.

NM

DACEB
12-07-2006, 07:27 AM
i totally i agree with you :-) he is a good qb in our system but thats it... he will never put up big numbers... but is still a good qb when healty...

That's exactly my point, in our system you should never have to put up big numbers to win. Therefore even playing exceptionally well = less than goudy numbers = no pro bowl.