PDA

View Full Version : reggie bush

tony hipchest
12-06-2006, 12:14 AM
does anyone care? he had 3-4 of the best carries/receptions of the year last weekend. those who labeled him a bust have probably done so prematurely. without him, people arent even mentioning brees as an mvp candidate with tomlinson and manning. he said for the 1st time he felt he was back at USC. watch out.

ShutDown24
12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Reggie has been doing what they have been asking him to do all year... This was the first real time Sean Payton said he had tried more than a couple of things in a single game to specifically get Reggie the ball... It worked... You actually heard people labling him as a bust? lol where was that?

stlrtruck
12-06-2006, 12:18 PM
The "experts" have also failed to mention that he's not the true starting RB on his team. McAllister still has that distinction in NO. The man has talent and he's proven to be quite the trade pick up in Fantasy Football.

fansince'76
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
He's not a bust, but he's not the next Barry Sanders/Walter Payton/Gayle Sayers that he was being hyped up to be either, at least not yet.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-06-2006, 03:01 PM
In no way is Reggie Bush a bust.

He's not being used as a traditional RB.He lines up as a wide reciever often and catches a lot of passes out of the backfield when he is lined up back there.

Not to mention him being on the field warrants extra attention from the opossing defense which means there is less attention payed to McAllister,Colston,Horn,etc. and one less potention pass rusher to rush Drew Brees.

hmmmmmmmm
12-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Hes failed to live up to the hype that was given to him at the start of the season. Sure he hasn't been the focal point of the offense....but he was supposed to come in and take the league by storm....at least thats what everyone was told for three or four months straight. So I can see why people were so quick to call him a bust.

What I hate is since Reggie hasn't lived up to the hype....people switch it to "well hes the reason the Saints are doing good. When hes in everyone focuses on him and it opens up the offense". Thats a load of shit....they're doing good because Deuce is healthy and they got rid of that scrub Brooks and brought in a decent QB. Not to mention they got a steal in the draft and possibly the ROY (not Reggie).

One game doesn't mean Reggie has lived up to anything....hes had two crucial fumbles in two different games that I believe ended in a loss.

tony hipchest
12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
i think hes gonna end the season with about 100 receptions. that type of production for any rookie is living up to the hype. the 49ers are better than any college team he faced regardless that theyre the dregs of the nfl.

polamalufan43
12-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Reggie Bush is not a bust. If people think that, then have them watch him play, that should change their minds.
Of course, I'm not saying he's the Saints verison Jerome Bettis or Emmit Smith, but with time he could get alot better.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

CantStop85
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
He's certainly showed off his receiving skills...the jury's still out on his ability to run the ball in the NFL, though.

boLT fan
12-06-2006, 07:16 PM
I wonder if Bush will be the running back equivelant of Michael Vick...

tony hipchest
12-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I wonder if Bush will be the running back equivelant of Michael Vick...if he played for the cardinals, you could count on it. if he ran behind priest holmes line he'd make holmes look slow.

it depends on what the saints line does.

one thing with reggie- when you line him up at wr you pretty much know hes gonna catch the ball and when you line him up at rb you know hes not in their to block. everytime he is lined up in the backfield (which are limited because of duce) defenses pretty much know whats coming. the saints will iron these things out.

imagine if bush had a blocker like lorenzo neal = hands down the best fb in the league right now- not taking anything away from the best rb in the league right now (and for years to come)

boLT fan
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
if he played for the cardinals, you could count on it. if he ran behind priest holmes line he'd make holmes look slow.

it depends on what the saints line does.

one thing with reggie- when you line him up at wr you pretty much know hes gonna catch the ball and when you line him up at rb you know hes not in their to block. everytime he is lined up in the backfield (which are limited because of duce) defenses pretty much know whats coming. the saints will iron these things out.

imagine if bush had a blocker like lorenzo neal = hands down the best fb in the league right now- not taking anything away from the best rb in the league right now (and for years to come)

Just because of that last paragraph, I agree with everything you just said. :thumbsup:

But all I meant was I wonder if he'll always be better at receiving then he is running, didn't say it would happen. He's gonna have to bulk up like LT did a couple years ago so he isn't so scrawny. Just being a scat back can only get you so far, you need to be able to power run a little.

And I understand he is a rookie, that's why i'm not calling him a bust or the next Barry Sanders or anything yet. Just speculation.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I think Sean Payton handled Reggie Bush the right way this year. The Saints already had a good NFL RB in Deuce Mac. So Payton could count on Deuce to pound out the tough yards and use Bush in other ways to fully take advantage of Reggie's multi skills. By doing this Sean Payton is letting Bush get adjusted to the NFL without him being the so called savior of the Saints franchise. So I expect Reggie Bush to showcase all of his talents next year and I mean his skills as a RB next year with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

jaysta
12-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I think Sean Payton handled Reggie Bush the right way this year. The Saints already had a good NFL RB in Deuce Mac. So Payton could count on Deuce to pound out the tough yards and use Bush in other ways to fully take advantage of Reggie's multi skills. By doing this Sean Payton is letting Bush get adjusted to the NFL without him being the so called savior of the Saints franchise. So I expect Reggie Bush to showcase all of his talents next year and I mean his skills as a RB next year with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

You got this one right. Rookie RB's generally don't produce HOF type stats their first year, but from what I've seen of Bush he sure could produce those type of numbers in the next few years. He has mad skills and a real understanding of the NFL already. This was a great adjustment year for him IMO, but watch out when he gets the backfield all to himself in the next couple years. He should tear it up!

tony hipchest
12-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Just because of that last paragraph, I agree with everything you just said. :thumbsup:

But all I meant was I wonder if he'll always be better at receiving then he is running, didn't say it would happen. He's gonna have to bulk up like LT did a couple years ago so he isn't so scrawny. Just being a scat back can only get you so far, you need to be able to power run a little.

And I understand he is a rookie, that's why i'm not calling him a bust or the next Barry Sanders or anything yet. Just speculation.while ive always known neal has been one of the best fb's in the league, sportscenter broke down some of the film from last wekends game (specifically on LT's td's and big runs.) yesterday

you put an average runner with a great blocker and you will see good things.
put an average blocker with a great runner and you will see good things.

put lt and l. neal together and you see great things.

bush will have to bulk up just like lt and willie parker did, and he will. like faulk and lt im thinking bush has the brains to maximize his situation and learn all positions on the field to be a complete back. (not saying that willie doesnt)

Preacher
12-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Which goes to my point that it is definetly possible that the days of the featured back are going away.

polamalufan43
12-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Hmmm... they might be, but we can never know until it happens.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Haiku_Dirtt
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM

We can roll this discussion back to the current QB at SC vs. Leinart and how just having Bush on the field makes life a little (no alot) easier. J.D Booty is a really good player. He's made completions this season that Leinart never could. In the prior two seasons, if it weren't for LenDale White, SC would have lost another 2 games. Reggie was neutralized.

The Saints are doing it with a 53-man roster. (Poor Haslett)

Why structure a game plan with a player like Bush behind a lead blocker like Neal (although a great acquisition)?

FJ-40's love contact. Keep the Ferrari in the open space. And what fun it was to watch that stallion go and go and go.

Infamix
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I agree with Black and Gold, they did the right thing by utilizing Duce McAllister.