PDA

View Full Version : No More Cowher Power...

noto45
12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I think it is safe to say that cowher's power has run out. I am not going ot get into bashing the guy but it is time for a change. I think Ron Rivera would make a great head coach....and maybe he can bring Lance Briggs with him. any thoughts???

HometownGal
12-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I think it is safe to say that cowher's power has run out. I am not going ot get into bashing the guy but it is time for a change. I think Ron Rivera would make a great head coach....and maybe he can bring Lance Briggs with him. any thoughts???

No disrespect intended, noto (honest Injun!), but imho this subject has been run into the ground around here. I realize that while with the state of our season there isn't a whole helluva lot to talk about, but honestly - unless you are a Cowher-basher, there really isn't much else to post on around here these past several weeks - every other thread it seems poses the same question.

For the record - I respect your opinion on Cowher here, but I vehemently disagree with it for reasons enunciated in the other 100 threads on the same subject. :wink02:

Dook
12-06-2006, 12:59 PM
How quickly they turn.

Some of you just aren't up to being a NFL fan. You can't handle it.

BigDuke6
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Fire his ass !!!!!

SwedishSteeler
12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
How quickly they turn.

Some of you just aren't up to being a NFL fan. You can't handle it.

Finally some sense around here.

Aben

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 06:30 PM
No disrespect intended, noto (honest Injun!), but imho this subject has been run into the ground around here. I realize that while with the state of our season there isn't a whole helluva lot to talk about, but honestly - unless you are a Cowher-basher, there really isn't much else to post on around here these past several weeks - every other thread it seems poses the same question.

For the record - I respect your opinion on Cowher here, but I vehemently disagree with it for reasons enunciated in the other 100 threads on the same subject. :wink02:

Yes...The fire Cowher subject is really not worth talking about, considering the Rooneys don't operate that way...

He's still signed for 2007...

jaysta
12-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Yes...The fire Cowher subject is really not worth talking about, considering the Rooneys don't operate that way...

I totally agree with you NV. It's absolutely ridiculous to blame Cowher for a rough season. The guy's a great coach and should stay in Pittsburgh as long as he wants. It's way to easy to say, "fire the coach" everytime a team hits a rough spot. People do it with Jo Pa all the time too which is also ludicrous. If you want to blame a coach for something go find one that has a terrible record year after year and never wins the big games. Sorry but Cowher doesn't fit that description. Better yet, go research Dan Snyder's experience with firing coach after coach and see how great his team's record is since he took over as an owner...oh and I want to see Ron Rivera and Lance Briggs with the Steelers as much as I want to see Ron Burgundy and Lance Bass with them. They can stay in Chicago with you. Sorry noto45 I respect your opinion, but most of us don't like the "Cowher lost his magic touch" discussion. It just doesn't make any sense and isn't worth the aggrevation. The guy is a proven coach. (Now I'll climb down off of my soap box)

Preacher
12-06-2006, 11:56 PM

Very true. Rooney is a great family. The question however, if whether Cowher will stay out the contract... especially with family gone. I would respect him more if he didn't stay, not because of football, but because of his desire to be with his wife. That is a real man.

7Ben7
12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Wow.

One losing season and you guys are already running to the exit. When you look at Cowher's coaching record with the Steelers over the past 10 years its very good. He has had the Steelers a great team year in and year out, he has brought them to the Superbowl twice, and has made them appear in more than 5 AFC championship games.

Seriously give him a break, this is just an bad season. And I fully expect the Steelers to bounce back next season. If things are looking this bad next season, then fire him.

Let's show a little Cowher love, I mean he is our coach isn't he?

Steel Pit
12-07-2006, 05:16 AM
Fire his ass !!!!!

Someone needs to start firing some fans and FIRE YOUR ASS!

stlrtruck
12-07-2006, 07:43 AM
As much as I believe Cowher has lost some of his passion and emotion for the game...I say this:
Cowher didn't drop passes
Cowher didn't fumble the ball
Cowher didn't botch up any punt returns
Cowher wasn't on the field

All of those things are the responsibility of the men that wear the helmet and Cowher can only control so much!

Haiku_Dirtt
12-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Fire his ass !!!!!

Good grief. What is wrong with this mantra is what is wrong with this country. And I'm not even old school here.

Super-sized over-paid adolescents show up late to work, overweight and underprepared (and under the knife...eh em Ben) and "Fire his ass" is the best you can do. :jawdrop:

I can think of at least 20 people who should be fired before Cowher. And atop my list was Duce.

What is INHERENT in a most mature Bill Cowher is a belief that he is responsible for the shortcomings of well-paid professional football players. And you'd rather fire this guy than send a number of the punks packing.

Pathetic.

SteelerFanInCA
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
As much as I believe Cowher has lost some of his passion and emotion for the game...I say this:
Cowher didn't drop passes
Cowher didn't fumble the ball
Cowher didn't botch up any punt returns
Cowher wasn't on the field

All of those things are the responsibility of the men that wear the helmet and Cowher can only control so much!

You hit it right on the nail. We couldn't execute the game plan; end result we lose.