PDA

View Full Version : PAY ATTENTION!

SteelersFever
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm going to tell the people who know who they are straight up from the heart. If you don't like what you read on the forums - DON'T VISIT. Do you think I care if someones feelings get hurt? I DON'T. Go talk to your counselor or someone that really cares about the shit you feel you need.

If you want to start some drama go to playhouse and get your act up to par because it's shit. The moderators and myself are not going to deal with it anymore.

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I SECOND THAT SF! I'm sick and tired of people who have to complain about everything they read. I'm sick of having to break up dramas. I have had to ban numerous people for this. Plus lock numerous threads.

Bottom line, you don't give this board a hard time, we don't give you a hard time. For those of you who ARE giving a hard time we'll get rid of you. Bottom line.

SteelersFever
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
OH, and do you really think I give a shit if you know where I live? Don't send me threatening F*CKING e-mails. If you're feeling brave, then come and get some. That's a personal invite.

Livinginthe past
12-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Let me the first to say...WTF!?

Can we have a little context here?

Are we supposed to know who this is aimed at, and why its on the main forum?

NM

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Let me be the second to say WTF!? Hey Livinginthe past can you please change your Pats helmet to a STEELERS helmet?

Thanks...

SteelersFever
12-06-2006, 11:01 PM
If you don't know what's going on then you aren't one who is a drama fiend. It's in the main forum because I wanted it to be. Do I really need a reason?

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
ADMIN and SUPER MOD....

People are people.... they disagree, but I can say I have never had my feelings hurt here... NEVER!

I like what ATLANTA DAN has to say... we had a diff of opionon about the Staley release, but he's a smart guy, and he had some valid points...I'm a smart guy too....when all is said and done, we all love our STEELERS except for the trolls that come come here from other teams to cause trouble... but I would have to say everybody here gets along... even myself and ATALNTA DAN...... BUT, if you want to ban me , go ahead... I like it here, but there are many boards to post my thoughts abouts about our beloved STEELERS... thanks for your time...

Go STEELERS ....let it snow.... our running game is better anyway!.... So is our QB!

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
ADMIN and SUPER MOD....

People are people.... they disagree, but I can say I have never had my feelings hurt here... NEVER!

I like what ATLANTA DAN has to say... we had a diff of opionon about the Staley release, but he's a smart guy, and he had some valid points...I'm a smart guy too....when all is said and done, we all love our STEELERS except for the trolls that come come here from other teams to cause trouble... but I would have to say everybody here gets along... even myself and ATALNTA DAN...... BUT, if you want to ban me , go ahead... I like it here, but there are many boards to post my thoughts abouts about our beloved STEELERS... thanks for your time...

Go STEELERS ....let it snow.... our running game is better anyway!.... So is our QB!

" I apologize for nothing" ( Gene Hackman "HOOSIERS" )

MattsMe
12-06-2006, 11:35 PM
If you don't know what's going on then you aren't one who is a drama fiend. It's in the main forum because I wanted it to be. Do I really need a reason?

No, you don't. You provide a great service to Steeler fans everywhere by operating SF. Like you said, they can like it or leave it.

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2006, 11:51 PM
No, you don't. You provide a great service to Steeler fans everywhere by operating SF. Like you said, they can like it or leave it.

It's a great Service

Borski
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I used to be a mod for another site and people alert the stupidest things for no reason.

I love this site, Keep up the good work!

NV STEELERS 723
12-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Our ADMIN and SUPER MOD are smart..

Lambertfan
12-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Geeze I came here to get away from Diamond Dave and hisfing potty mouth board and lo and behold,I am back at it! well of to find a nice board....

Stlrs4Life
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I have no clue on what this theread is about. I know I'm not part of the complaining.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I dont think the mods are talking about the disagreements and "tiffs" that all of us have and hopefully get over pretty quickly....I think that anyone who has been on this board for the last several months have seen a small group of "saboteurs" who have directly or indirectly stirred up problems. Some have been banned and show up discreetly to cause problems...others pop in and wait for the right oppurtunity to get us to nip at each other.

Are there some people on here who dont get along...sure...and I have been just as guilty in the past of taking to long to man-up and p.m. the other party to work out a compromise....BUT what I have noticed is that those situations usually work themselves out...unless there is a "bee" that inserts himself/herself into the thread and tries to keep up the animosity

For those of us who get caught up in these things ..take a long look at whether there is a third party involved in the equation .... that is usually your culprit...antagonizing two people into open confrontationa and sitting back knowing that if someone gets banned it will be the two in the trenches and not the instigator behind the scenes.

Stillers43
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
It's a greats service. Keep up the good work and get those ****ers out of here.

HometownGal
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I dont think the mods are talking about the disagreements and "tiffs" that all of us have and hopefully get over pretty quickly....I think that anyone who has been on this board for the last several months have seen a small group of "saboteurs" who have directly or indirectly stirred up problems. Some have been banned and show up discreetly to cause problems...others pop in and wait for the right oppurtunity to get us to nip at each other.

Are there some people on here who dont get along...sure...and I have been just as guilty in the past of taking to long to man-up and p.m. the other party to work out a compromise....BUT what I have noticed is that those situations usually work themselves out...unless there is a "bee" that inserts himself/herself into the thread and tries to keep up the animosity

For those of us who get caught up in these things ..take a long look at whether there is a third party involved in the equation .... that is usually your culprit...antagonizing two people into open confrontationa and sitting back knowing that if someone gets banned it will be the two in the trenches and not the instigator behind the scenes.

Great post, LLT. :thumbsup: On a board this large and with so many diversified personalities, not everyone is going to see eye to eye all the time and that is fine - this is a board of opinions and debate. Every BB has its trolls and poo-stirrers and those who deliberately set out to wreak havoc and instigate "civil wars" should be shown the door. Again - with a board this large, it is difficult for the Admin and the Mods to read every single post as they do indeed have lives outside of this board, and as we all know too well, coming across the "right way" on the net is a little more difficult than having a real life discussion, as things can and are easily misinterpreted.

Like LLT, if I sense that I have offended someone (never a deliberate attempt on my part) or have posted something that could possibly be taken the wrong way, I PM the person/people, explain my stance and attempt to work it out with them directly as two adults instead of taking little pokes at them on the open board. 99% of the time, this has worked out very well, a mutual understanding is reached and we move forward. For the most part, I think we have a great group of people here that have helped this board to grow positively and prosper (in my best Spock voice) :wink02: and I think most of us want to see Steelers Fever continue to grow. We all have to do our part, though - Mike, SCM and Pros cannot do it alone.

For the record, I am more than pleased with how this board is run and deeply appreciate the efforts of our staff here. :thumbsup: Being an Admin/Mod is not an easy task - you are damned if you do and damned if you don't and it is most often a very under-appreciated task. These people aren't paid a darned dime for all they do around here to keep the peace and provide us with the best Steelers board on the net. C'mon - let's help them out here! If you have a problem with another member, take it to PM and try to resolve it. If you can't resolve it or the other person turns a deaf ear, at least you know you tried to do the right thing and the best thing to do is to then LET IT GO and move on.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Well said HTG. SF, Prosdo, and myself are here for a reason. We want to help out but we can't do it alone. We need your help to.

Mosca
12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
If I see a member getting abused, I'm going to report it and I'm going to call the abuser on it. If the owner and moderators want to ban me for that, I don't care; you might as well do it now. I ALWAYS stand up to bullying. Allowing it to happen is paying lip service to the rules forbidding personal attacks on other members.

Tom

Livinginthe past
12-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Why dont I make the most popular suggestion of the week?

Make HTG a mod - it would lighten the load on Prosdo and 786.

NM

wiqidjuggalo
12-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Why dont I make the most popular suggestion of the week?

Make HTG a mod - it would lighten the load on Prosdo and 786.

NM

I second that Motion...:cheers:

Elvis
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
:jawdrop: :banana: :chicken: :cheer: :hug: :sofunny: :blah: :yawn: :dang:
THIS FORRUM IS STARTIN' TO BE A JOKE!!!!:jawdrop: :wave:

sumo
12-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I think this thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense - as far as the internet goes - this is the best forum I've ever been to.. I engage regularly in discussions ranging from why Cowher isn't spitting this year - to what constitutes racism, is there a God, which Bengals are looking at jail time as opposed to probation, etc and I find myself regualarly in major disagreements, but almost always - it's resolved in a civil manner without personal attacks - (mostly by other members - not mods) - I think you must be referring to trolls and they usually give themselves away pretty quick - but I would be dissappointed if any of the regulars stop visiting for fear of any kind of censorship

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2006, 04:50 PM
I think HomeTown Gal would make a great mod.

augustashark
12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
This is funny as hell, we actually have grown men and women running around tattling on each other.

How can this site ever be what it should be (number 1 steeler site) if we have Romper Room going on........Geez....ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

Adult:

1. having attained full size and strength; grown up; mature: an adult person, animal, or plant.

Mosca
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I think of it as "self policing".

If we are to trust the mods to take care of the rules, and we know that the mods are not here, but we believe in the rules, then what would you suggest? You know, for all your hard line stance on worldly affairs I would expect you to be the first in line when it comes to enforcing common behavioral rules in the forum. I'm supposed to be the liberal wimp who shys away from confrontation, remember? :smile:

If people didn't act up then we wouldn't need mods. But they do.

You know what? I'll volunteer to be a mod, but only if I'm allowed to deal with personal attacks among members as I see fit.

Tom

This is funny as hell, we actually have grown men and women running around tattling on each other.

augustashark
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I think of it as "self policing".

If we are to trust the mods to take care of the rules, and we know that the mods are not here, but we believe in the rules, then what would you suggest? You know, for all your hard line stance on worldly affairs I would expect you to be the first in line when it comes to enforcing common behavioral rules in the forum. I'm supposed to be the liberal wimp who shys away from confrontation, remember? :smile:

If people didn't act up then we wouldn't need mods. But they do.

You know what? I'll volunteer to be a mod, but only if I'm allowed to deal with personal attacks among members as I see fit.

Tom

I'm not saying that somethings go overboard. Heck I was hit with 5pts for cursing at someone....I lost my cool, I took the punishment, I moved on. This is what everyone who is bitching to the mods and even the owner needs to do, not pm them everytime there is a little problem. Too hell with this......Grow up!

Ps. I did'nt mean you mosca.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM

How can this site ever be what it should be (number 1 steeler site) if we have Romper Room going on........Geez....ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

Adult:

1. having attained full size and strength; grown up; mature: an adult person, animal, or plant.AMEN!

HometownGal
12-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Every BB has rules and guidelines and I think SF is very lenient with the very simple rules they ask us, as fellow members, to adhere to. Most BBs want to attract new members who can feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas with others without being heckled and put down because their opinion may differ from that of others. This just isn't right and it creates a negative atmosphere which in turn, causes quality members and potential quality members to take the "thanks but no thanks" attitude. Not everyone has the same thickness to their skin.

Tom - you are one of the most respectful and respected members here, imho. :thumbsup: I'm much like you - I don't enjoy confrontation but won't hesitate to speak my mind if the situation calls for it. I see nothing wrong with that, as long as it is done constructively, not destructively. (The exception being trolls and poo stirrers - they reap what they sow).

Let's work together to help the SF staff continue to keep this board the best Steelers site anywhere! All it takes is a little more patience, self-control and appreciation for the privilege - yes, privilege - of having such a great site to share our thoughts. :smile:

tony hipchest
12-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Let me the first to say...WTF!?

Can we have a little context here?

Are we supposed to know who this is aimed at, and why its on the main forum?

NMlol... you know what they say about farts:

"the 1st smeller is the feller" :sofunny:

CantStop85
12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I think it's a requirement that we have one of these threads every couple of months or so.

It's like a tradition.

Btrice
12-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure what this thread is about but I can say that this is the TAMEST forum I've ever run/been a part of. Which is a good thing. Most people here couldn't handle a day at my general topics forum, not that I would expect them too. I think the mods here do a great job though they do seem stretched a little thin sometimes (I've said it before). There are plenty of great candidates to fix that though.

NV STEELERS 723
12-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm not sure what this thread is about but I can say that this is the TAMEST forum I've ever run/been a part of. Which is a good thing. Most people here couldn't handle a day at my general topics forum, not that I would expect them too. I think the mods here do a great job though they do seem stretched a little thin sometimes (I've said it before). There are plenty of great candidates to fix that though.

Yes... the SUPER MOD here is 15 yrs old

Btrice
12-07-2006, 10:24 PM

I've been on a lot of gaming forums before and he does not act like 99.999% of the 15 year old posters I've ever encountered.

tony hipchest
12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
scm can hold his own! especially for a youngster.

NV STEELERS 723
12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
SUPER MOD can hold his own for a youngster....he's a great Mod...

Preacher
12-08-2006, 04:02 AM

At first, I thought nope. But then again... If a church wants a good website... go ask a kid in the youth group.

Who Knows?

HometownGal
12-08-2006, 07:39 AM

Yes, he is a youngin', but SCM has more maturity and common sense than some people twice and three times his age around here. That young man does a great job. :smile:

Justin Otstott
12-08-2006, 07:46 AM
wow somebody is pissed off...damn.... :)

sumo
12-08-2006, 01:39 PM
lol... you know what they say about farts:

"the 1st smeller is the feller" :sofunny:

Hey Tony -- this is the one thread where you guys shouldn't be taking shots at each other - c'mon man!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: - we're trying to restore order....

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I've been on a lot of gaming forums before and he does not act like 99.999% of the 15 year old posters I've ever encountered.

Thank you Btrice. I try to not act like those kind of people.

scm can hold his own! especially for a youngster.

Thanks for the confidence Tony.

SUPER MOD can hold his own for a youngster....he's a great Mod...

Thank you.

Yes, he is a youngin', but SCM has more maturity and common sense than some people twice and three times his age around here. That young man does a great job.:smile:

And I don't gloat about it either.

Preacher
12-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Yes, he is a youngin', but SCM has more maturity and common sense than some people twice and three times his age around here. That young man does a great job.:smile:

And I don't gloat about it either.

Didn't you write a book? Humbleness, and how I attained it!

ROTFL.. I like your sense of humor young man!!

Good job around here.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Didn't you write a book? Humbleness, and how I attained it!

ROTFL.. I like your sense of humor young man!!

Good job around here.

Thank you preacher. Also everyone should give themself some credit to. Because without you all, how am I supposed to know what's going on unless I SEARCH THE FORUMS.

SteelersFever
12-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Good job SCM. You are a GREAT moderator!

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Good job SCM. You are a GREAT moderator!

Thank You SF. It's been a pleasure serving your message board. It has been nothing but a fun ride for me. I look forward to many more memories as moderator and serving your board.

clevestinks
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
OH, and do you really think I give a shit if you know where I live? Don't send me threatening F*CKING e-mails. If you're feeling brave, then come and get some. That's a personal invite.

I`m sure alot of us feel the same way, if Steelers Fever has a problem, with all get thier back. I`m not sure what happened and really don`t care. I just cant figure out how someone can threaten, and point out that they know where you live. ABSURB!

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2006, 10:19 PM
people are just wierd! They act silly online!

HometownGal
12-09-2006, 10:26 PM

Very true, NV. People also use the internet to hide behind the protection of their itty bitty screens to avoid getting a knuckle sandwich or being hauled off to the slammer for harrassment. I see them as terribly insecure people with no or little self-esteem and the internet provides them with a forum to feel "important". It's sad. The sap in me actually feels a smidgen of pity for these people. :pity:

83-Steelers-43
12-09-2006, 10:34 PM
48 posts? lol. Wow.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 10:49 PM

Pretty much how some of our society is. But it's ok. The world is not perfect.

clevestinks
12-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Pretty much how some of our society is. But it's ok. The world is not perfect.

You Mods do a great job, and there is no way to catch all the rif raf. Props to Mike and his crew, still my favorite Steelers Forum. I only have time for one forum and this is it.:cheer:

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks man. Glad to have you hear.

Steelers
12-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Did I miss something? Everyone's very PC and uber-kind here. Whatever set this off, I couldn't imagine it being that bad.

Oh well. This is the best Steelers forum out there and I'm very thankful for the mods that uphold that.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 11:35 PM
We're thankful for the members who make this site great.

MJ5150
12-10-2006, 02:45 AM
I only have time for one forum and this is it.

I'm with you on this. Before I joined up here a couple months ago, I scoped out all the Steeler forums I could find. This one suited me the best. I'm glad I chose it.

-Mike

HometownGal
12-10-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm with you on this. Before I joined up here a couple months ago, I scoped out all the Steeler forums I could find. This one suited me the best. I'm glad I chose it.

-Mike

We're glad you did, too, MJ. :thumbsup: