PDA

View Full Version : OK ladies ..how many points do I get?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Yesterday was our 15th anniversary....My wife couldnt get off work because two people are on maternity leave....I worked because....well...two people were off on maternity leave at my wifes job and being at home by yourself aint all that romantic !! (We have plans to go away for the weekend next month)

So here is how our evening was set up: I got off at 3pm ...my son needed picked up at 3:45....Both my kids had church at 6:30 so I needed to have them fed and ready and enroute before 6:00.....At that point my wife and I could meet up at about 6:45-7:00 and had a one hour window to go out for supper before the kids were to be picked up at 8:00

Solution?

I cancelled dinner plans and told my wife to come home...after picking up my son I had the kids break out the China while I made a nice romantic supper of Coconut Shrimp...Baked potato...Steamed brocolli ...and Dinner bread with mozarella. My kids (especially my daughter) did a wonderful job of setting the table with a nice candle in the middle of the table. They both also had bought anniversary cards for us and sat those on our plates with small gifts

For once the timing was perfect...and when my wife walked in supper was hot and ready. We enjoyed a wonderful candlelight dinner and I gave her my gift.... I drew a nice bubble bath for her since she was still tired from work...put 'Its a Wonderful Life' (her favorite movie) on and had a cup of hot tea ready for her to relax when she was done... and I went to pick up the kids.

End result?

A VERY relaxing ..very nice evening where we were able to talk and didnt feel rushed!!

So unbiased opinions.....on the FGS (Female Grading Scale)...from 1-10 how did I do?

memphissteelergirl
12-07-2006, 08:42 AM
I would say that was definitely a 10!! Nice job!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheer: :cheer:

stlrtruck
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Yesterday was our 15th anniversary....My wife couldnt get off work because two people are on maternity leave....I worked because....well...two people were off on maternity leave at my wifes job and being at home by yourself aint all that romantic !! (We have plans to go away for the weekend next month)

So here is how our evening was set up: I got off at 3pm ...my son needed picked up at 3:45....Both my kids had church at 6:30 so I needed to have them fed and ready and enroute before 6:00.....At that point my wife and I could meet up at about 6:45-7:00 and had a one hour window to go out for supper before the kids were to be picked up at 8:00

Solution?

I cancelled dinner plans and told my wife to come home...after picking up my son I had the kids break out the China while I made a nice romantic supper of Coconut Shrimp...Baked potato...Steamed brocolli ...and Dinner bread with mozarella. My kids (especially my daughter) did a wonderful job of setting the table with a nice candle in the middle of the table. They both also had bought anniversary cards for us and sat those on our plates with small gifts

For once the timing was perfect...and when my wife walked in supper was hot and ready. We enjoyed a wonderful candlelight dinner and I gave her my gift.... I drew a nice bubble bath for her since she was still tired from work...put 'Its a Wonderful Life' (her favorite movie) on and had a cup of hot tea ready for her to relax when she was done... and I went to pick up the kids.

End result?

A VERY relaxing ..very nice evening where we were able to talk and didnt feel rushed!!

So unbiased opinions.....on the FGS (Female Grading Scale)...from 1-10 how did I do?

You willing to come to the Tampa area next August 16th to cook for my wife and I?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
You willing to come to the Tampa area next August 16th to cook for my wife and I?

Hey buddy...you know I would for you!!!....Do I have to do the whole black tux with the towel draped over my arm thing?

stlrtruck
12-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey buddy...you know I would for you!!!....Do I have to do the whole black tux with the towel draped over my arm thing?

Of course not, just cook the meal (LOL)! Then you can do whatever it is you want to do (preferably outside of my house - lol). But of course I'll give you a place to crash when you're done doing whatever it is you decide to do.
I'll even draw out a map for you so you know where to go!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Of course not, just cook the meal (LOL)! Then you can do whatever it is you want to do (preferably outside of my house - lol). But of course I'll give you a place to crash when you're done doing whatever it is you decide to do.
I'll even draw out a map for you so you know where to go!

HMMMM...something wrong with this scenario....but until I figure it out...SURE!!!...LOL!!...Dont know if I relish the thought of being kicked to the curb with Florida heat in August though!!

HometownGal
12-07-2006, 12:07 PM
You definitely get a 10+ in my book, LLT! :thumbsup: What a truly wonderful and romanatic gesture on your part and kudos to your kids for helping to make this very special evening even more special! :smile:

So - what did you have for dessert - Bananas Foster? Eclairs? Tiramasu? :wink02:

Congratulations to both you and your wife, Perry, on your 15 years together! :cheers: In today's society - that is a major milestone!

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/images/product/large/6223_happy_anniversary_rose.jpg

stlrtruck
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
It'll be ok, I'm sure you won't be outside long. There's plenty of bars/restaurants to make your way. Either that or you can just send me the directions on how to cook everything just right for her!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 12:57 PM
You definitely get a 10+ in my book, LLT! :thumbsup: What a truly wonderful and romanatic gesture on your part and kudos to your kids for helping to make this very special evening even more special! :smile:

So - what did you have for dessert - Bananas Foster? Eclairs? Tiramasu? :wink02:

Congratulations to both you and your wife, Perry, on your 15 years together! :cheers: In today's society - that is a major milestone!

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/images/product/large/6223_happy_anniversary_rose.jpg

Funny you brought that up...we were stuffed so didnt eat the desert....Chocolate Mousse (low-fat of course...with low-fat whipped topping)....presentation is everything so I put it fluted wine glasses...It looked good!!...I just couldnt eat another bite!

..and thank you for the sentiment....it was a rough year for us on alot of levels ...but we survived.

polamalufan43
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
OMG... If I could give you an 11 I would. But I'll settle for 10. Great job!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

3 to be 4
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
You also could have made the fried cream cheese crackers.

seriously, happy anniversary. Its sounds like you have a great family there, lamberts

Preacher
12-08-2006, 03:06 AM
SHOW OFF

:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-08-2006, 04:40 AM
You also could have made the fried cream cheese crackers.

seriously, happy anniversary. Its sounds like you have a great family there, lamberts

shhhhhhhhh.....(Saving the fried cream cheese crackers for the big 25!!!)

Big D
12-08-2006, 07:10 AM
any of the ladies have any idea on how i could score ten points on a thoughful christmas present?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
any of the ladies have any idea on how i could score ten points on a thoughfull christmas present?

I'm with Big D on this one.....we have the coolest most intelligent female posters in the world in this forum...can you help a couple of lugnuts out?

sumo
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
SHOW OFF

:sofunny:

No kidding - way to raise the bar way out of reach for the rest of us -- I bet all the ladies on the forum will be showing this thread to their husbands/boyfriends ...way to go man:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-08-2006, 01:14 PM
No kidding - way to raise the bar way out of reach for the rest of us -- I bet all the ladies on the forum will be showing this thread to their husbands/boyfriends ...way to go man:sofunny:

Naw..actually if I wasnt such a doofus..I would have planned it better so that we could have gone out somewhere nice!!...I will take the save...not the win.