PDA

View Full Version : A BIT OF A MAD ONE, BUT MIGHT HAPPEN!

IamTheSteelGod
12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
If at the end of the season, the Steelers had to fold, for whatever reason, there wasn't another football team coming to Pittsburgh, and all the players went their seperate ways.

Who would you support!

I would, become a GIANTS supporter, not that anyother team could fill a hole! But I like them.

83-Steelers-43
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
NOBODY. I would still watch the NFL but there is no way I would support any other football team. It's not in my Pittsburgh-born blood.

Personally, I wouldn't even go as far to say that it "might" or "could" happen. The Steelers ARE Pittsburgh.

Infamix
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Ahh that would be hard. I can only support the Steelers, but if it came down to your situation, I would actually go with the Giants too. I love Brandon Jacobs. Theyre in the NFC, so it doesn't affect us much.

stlrtruck
12-07-2006, 12:49 PM
This was discussed in a previous thread and I think the general consensus is the following:

1 - The Steelers are Pittsburgh so we really don't need to worry abou them leaving. The waiting list is long enough, the fan base is big enough that we don't have to worry.

2 - People would watch the NFL and other than a few who might go on to cheer other teams, most would be neutral in regards to a fan base!

3 - As for me, I'd watch the NFL but being part of a fan base would be pretty hard.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Because of my wife I have made a pact to cheer for the Colts if they arent playing the Steelers....in return she has to wear a Steeler jersey every Sunday....I KNOW...nit even close to a fair trade off...but them having Dungy as a coach makes it a little easier to swallow.

So by proxy I would probably back the Colts eventually...like in 10 years. (I am now ready to be pelted by rocks and garbage) :tomato:

HometownGal
12-07-2006, 01:12 PM
83 said it best. The Steeles ARE Pittsburgh. Though I would still be glued to the TV on football days/nights as I love the game itself, I could never - ever - pledge my allegiance to any other team.

It's the black and gold or it's nothing. :tt02:

PisnNapalm
12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
If at the end of the season, the Steelers had to fold, for whatever reason, there wasn't another football team coming to Pittsburgh, and all the players went their seperate ways.

Who would you support!

I would, become a GIANTS supporter, not that anyother team could fill a hole! But I like them.

I think I'd rather play Russian Roulette with an automatic pistol than support another team.

http://www.bomberboys.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/suicide.gif

/me wonders what he's been smoking.

Hawk Believer
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Ahh that would be hard. I can only support the Steelers, but if it came down to your situation, I would actually go with the Giants too. I love Brandon Jacobs. Theyre in the NFC, so it doesn't affect us much.

Sounds like you guys miss Plaxico. :sofunny:

SteelerFanInCA
12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
It's bascially Steelers or nothing.

polamalufan43
12-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Cheer for another team? Forget about it:banging:

I just couldn't. It wouldn't feel right. I think I would be doing more cursing out the other teams then cheering for them. I can't even think about cheering for another team. It would hurt deep down inside too much. I need Black and Gold:tt02:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Livinginthe past
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
These damn Brits have some craaaaazy ideas!

Must be all those cups of tea right? :wink02:

NM

Borski
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I'd just become a bigger Pirates fan

PalmerSteel
12-07-2006, 04:47 PM

Who would you support!

if that greatest tragedyd in sports history ever happened, i would try yo follow the team my favorite steeler at the time went to. after a couple years of professional counseling i may be able to find something out of that team that i like.

IamTheSteelGod
12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
These damn Brits have some craaaaazy ideas!

Must be all those cups of tea right? :wink02:

NM

Are crazy ideas keep you yanks on your toes, and I do like my tea espicially Yorkshire Tea. Import that, it's the shit!

MACH1
12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
It's bascially Steelers or nothing.

Couldn't say it better.
Steelers or nothing.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

NV STEELERS 723
12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
My family roots are from Pittsburgh....but I grew up in Cali....I always loved watching Dan Fouts throw bombs to JJ, and Winslow...so they are the "other" team I keep track of "sorta"...

But its always been " Here we go STEELERS HERE WE GO" !!!!!

PAMillerGrrl83
12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
That would be soo hard to swallow but I guess I could "like" the Colts, I could never love them like I love the Steelers but I could tolerate watching Colts games. Oh no I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-07-2006, 10:52 PM
i love the steelers and if they were to piss me off enough to get rid of their team i would follow the chargers.......I love watching LT
and they have a young agressive defense....
Really no character issures

Indy_Steelers
12-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe the Bears, 1985 was a good year. Maybe the Patriots I do like how they run their show from the top down. They built their new stadium without any tax dollars. Maybe even the Broncos. I could never root for the Colts, Cowboys, Seahawks, Raiders, Browns, Ravens or the Bengals.

fansince'76
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I live in Denver, so I guess the Broncos by default. I wouldn't be a rabid supporter like I am with the Steelers, though.

Preacher
12-08-2006, 04:48 AM
I grew up in Washington state... so yeah... I would be a Seattle fan :couch:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Are crazy ideas keep you yanks on your toes, and I do like my tea espicially Yorkshire Tea. Import that, it's the shit!

Ceylon Tea!!! (sweetened of course..no cream)