PDA

View Full Version : What was the crowd yelling?

sixstringlass
12-08-2006, 05:43 AM
While watching the game tonight, I heard something in background behind Bryant Gumbel's annoying "voice"... Everytime the Steelers were kicking a fieldgoal or an extra point, the crowd was yelling something... like a chant or something... but I couldn't make out what it was over Gumbel's yakking.

Anybody know what the heck I'm talking about?

Thanks!

24seven
12-08-2006, 06:32 AM
i thought they were chanting willie but i'm not positive..

polamalufan43
12-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Either that or "Here we go Steelers Here we go"

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
12-08-2006, 07:29 AM
"Cleveland Sucks!!!" was used a good bit last night. At least in our part of the stadium. I also recall fans starting it up on the opposite side of the stadium. While there were "WILLIE!!" chants, the "Cleveland Sucks!!!" chant was used with much more regularity. It was beautiful. :tt02:

Justin Otstott
12-08-2006, 07:52 AM
While watching the game tonight, I heard something in background behind Bryant Gumbel's annoying "voice"... Everytime the Steelers were kicking a fieldgoal or an extra point, the crowd was yelling something... like a chant or something... but I couldn't make out what it was over Gumbel's yakking.

Anybody know what the heck I'm talking about?

Thanks!

damn I thought I was the only person who find Bryant annoying!! But yea I heard Clev sucks chants! :tt02:

floodcitygirl
12-08-2006, 07:56 AM
damn I thought I was the only person who find Bryant annoying!! But yea I heard Clev sucks chants! :tt02:Is there anyone who DOESN'T find Bryant annoying?????

stlrtruck
12-08-2006, 08:17 AM
He wasn't annoying to me but maybe that's because Chris Collinsworth was running his yap next to him.
At least Gumbel had some intelligent things to say while Collinsworth is useless in the booth unless he's bringing coffee and donuts to the announcers!

floodcitygirl
12-08-2006, 08:23 AM
He wasn't annoying to me but maybe that's because Chris Collinsworth was running his yap next to him.
At least Gumbel had some intelligent things to say while Collinsworth is useless in the booth unless he's bringing coffee and donuts to the announcers!Well I didn't say who I found the MOST annoying! :flap:

83-Steelers-43
12-08-2006, 08:29 AM
I feel for all of those who had to endure both of those nimrods last night. Both equally stink if you ask me.

Atlanta Dan
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I actually found Collinsworth to be entertaining last night (e.g. - at one point when the Browns were going for it on 4th down and Gumbel acted like this was some huge risk, Collinsworth responded "what do they have to lose?"). I know it is beating a subject into the ground, but I also was pleased to hear Collinsworth pound on what a disgrace the turf at Heinz Field is.

HometownGal
12-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Is there anyone who DOESN'T find Bryant annoying?????

Yes - his reflection in the mirror. :smile: Whenever I see Collinsworth on, I hit the mute. I don't need the play by play from two Steelers haters - I have eyes and can watch the game without listening to their mindless drivel.

83-Steelers-43
12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I actually found Collinsworth to be entertaining last night (e.g. - at one point when the Browns were going for it on 4th down and Gumbel acted like this was some huge risk, Collinsworth responded "what do they have to lose?"). I know it is beating a subject into the ground, but I also was pleased to hear Collinsworth pound on what a disgrace the turf at Heinz Field is.

I came home last night and the rumor was that Collinsworth was actually praising the Steelers? As with every game, I had a friend tape it so I can watch it again and see/hear it with my own eyes/ears.

floodcitygirl
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes - his reflection in the mirror. :smile: Whenever I see Collinsworth on, I hit the mute. I don't need the play by play from two Steelers haters - I have eyes and can watch the game without listening to their mindless drivel.That's the impression that I get too....I stand corrected! LOL

That was one advantage of being in a place with a high noise level, unless you really tried to tune in to them, you couldn't hear much.

Infamix
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Collinsworth is a pencil neck geek but he is not a Steelers hater

MACH1
12-08-2006, 10:01 AM
They both suck. Gumbel especially with that mono tone voice.

The_Professor
12-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Gumbel is a joke; he should start covering politics with those comments like... "well we should note that orpheous roye is out of the game for the browns" or how bout when washington scored... "touchdown" in a barely audible voice or the always interesting "3 minute warning" gotta love him just describing the play 5 seconds after it's over instead of actually doing play by play ...he's an idiot and I can't believe the NFL is stupid enough to have him as their main guy on their own network (especially after what he said about Gene Upshaw).

Tankus_Maximus
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I was suprised to hear Collinsworth give us some props too.

HometownGal
12-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Collinsworth is a pencil neck geek but he is not a Steelers hater

I agree with the first part of your post, but disagree with the second. The only time Collinsworth ever says anything positive about the Steelers is when they are rolling all over an opponent, as was the case last night. He's smart enough to realize he would sound even more like a braying jackass than he already does if he bashed the Steelers when they were so obviously on their game.

Stillers43
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Gumbel was awful! I usually hate Collinsworth too, but he was much better yesterday. Maybe it was because he was next to Gumbel. Gumbel could've made my 6 yr old son look like a better announcer. Collinsworth did a nice job about commenting on the Bettis family and paying respect.

ccarr2
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I was yelling Cleveland sucks along with everyone else. I also heard here we go steelers.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Is there anyone who DOESN'T find Bryant annoying?????

:coffee:
Add in Collinsworth and you get :dang: :blah: :yawn:

SteelersGirlTN7
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Gumbel was awful! I usually hate Collinsworth too, but he was much better yesterday. Maybe it was because he was next to Gumbel. Gumbel could've made my 6 yr old son look like a better announcer. Collinsworth did a nice job about commenting on the Bettis family and paying respect.

Yeah I dont like either of them either... I dont like the commentators who have nothing good to say about the Steelers, until they are backed in a corner, and HAVE to because theyre playing so well. We've been playing badly all season, and it's not like I expect them to be the next die hard fan, but they don't have to be so negative.

Bryant Gumbel needs to do his research better though - my table mates at the bar and I came up with Holmes' new nickname...

BG - "...throwing the ball to San Antonio Holmes...."

Tex made some great plays last night! LOL

clevestinks
12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
All I know is Gumbel sucks, boring. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

steelerbackr4life
12-08-2006, 08:06 PM
There was definitely alot of Cleveland sucks chants last night.

In Cowher We Trust
12-09-2006, 08:11 AM
i think they where chanting willie

melroseplace
12-09-2006, 04:38 PM
it was the "Cleveland sucks" chant you were talking about...it happened quite a few times, especially when we'd kick a field goal and a lot during the 4th quarter

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 04:51 PM
All I know is Gumbel sucks, boring. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No where close to Greg.