PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it...

Big D
12-08-2006, 09:19 AM
The browns will fire Crennell only after two seasons. Two seasons in which they have been filled with injurys. He inheriteda butch davis mess. Could this be a bill belichick situation all over again.

Hines86Ward
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I could see it happening, and it very well could. But I don't think it's right, he's had too many injuries to deal with....

Big D
12-08-2006, 10:11 AM
chris palmer, butch davis, terry robiske and now romeo. Cant always point the finger at the coaches

Tankus_Maximus
12-08-2006, 10:36 AM
I've gotta agree with you guys. At the very least, they should give Romeo another year. They made steps in the right direction to improve this year, but have been riddled with injuries.

Big D
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM
I've gotta agree with you guys. At the very least, they should give Romeo another year. They made steps in the right direction to improve this year, but have been riddled with injuries.

this organization is ran worse then a mcdonalds

stlrtruck
12-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I think a coach should be given at least 5 years to turn around an organization. I mean Romeo was dealing with players brought in to the team when it wasn't even his watch!
In this case, it's the clowns, Romeo should be given a guarenteed 10 year contract in order to fix what was broken just to make them average again.

j-dawg
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
i agree... RAC should be given at least two more years... i don't think anyone could fix the mess that is the cleveland browns in two years!

Stillers#1
12-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Ya, I like Romeo, he seems to be pretty classy, and he obviously knows the game. Shame he had to coach the browns for his first head coaching gig.

Atlanta Dan
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I have assumed Romeo or any HC gets a minimum of three years (firing someone after 2 years unless the HC is arrested for drug trafficking or sleeping with the owner's wife is a blatant admission the hiring decision was completely blown on the front end), but based upon 2 sorry performances against the Bengals and Steelers in the last 3 weeks the team appears to have quit at the end of both of Crennell's seasons, which is never a good sign.

As I posted in the game thread last night, for the first time I think he may not be back in 2007 unless the Browns step it up and are competitive in their last 3 games.

clevestinks
12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
i agree... RAC should be given at least two more years... i don't think anyone could fix the mess that is the cleveland browns in two years!

I agree, I`m not sold on Romeo as a head coach, but you cannot change a terrible team in just two seasons.

Preacher
12-08-2006, 03:42 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE...

Your going at this ALL wrong.

FIRE CRENNEL!!

If he was able to do the things he did with the Browns... ie actually WIN A GAME, let alone five of them, Well...

We MAY be having a coach that is leaving. Who would want Crennel as OUR coach?

Better yet.... This is probably a good thread topic....

silver & black
12-09-2006, 08:45 AM
The browns will fire Crennell only after two seasons. Two seasons in which they have been filled with injurys. He inheriteda butch davis mess. Could this be a bill belichick situation all over again.

If they fire Crennell, it would rank right up there with firing Paul Brown. Crennell should be given at least two more years to turn them around. He was given a mess to clean up. It isn't going to happen over night. (Raider fans need to realise the same thing)

If they keep firing coaches, they will end up being just like the Raiders... a team with no direction or continuity.

I think every team in the NFL could take a lesson from the Steelers: There will be some bad seasons. Stick with your coach and ride them out. Continuity breeds a TEAM atmosphere. I believe this is why the Steelers suffer so few down seasons.

The Raiders were truly great when we practiced this... Madden and Flores.