PDA

View Full Version : McNeal's bust upped to drug charge

Mosca
12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
HOUSTON (AP) -- Cincinnati Bengals rookie receiver Reggie McNeal is now facing a drug charge stemming from his arrest earlier this week outside a Houston nightclub.

Police found that McNeal, a former Texas A&M quarterback already charged with resisting arrest, had a cigarette that contained promethazine, an antihistamine that is sometimes used as a sedative, Houston police spokesman Gabe Ortiz said Friday.

Ortiz said the charge of possession of a dangerous drug, a misdemeanor, was added Tuesday, two days after McNeal scuffled with police when he was refused entry into The Red Door nightclub.

McNeal is out on bond and was set to have a court appearance next week.

McNeal set an A&M record with 6,992 passing yards and rushed for 1,889 yards, the second-most by an Aggies quarterback. The Lufkin, Texas, native set a Big 12 record with 213 consecutive passes without an interception.

McNeal was the Bengals' sixth-round pick and has played sparingly.

He is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/08/bc.fbn.bengals.mcneal.ap/index.html

Livinginthe past
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I think even the most ardent Bengals fan would have to seriously question the wisdom of the FO's draft policy in recent years.

Look at the teams who have had success in recent times - Patriots, Steelers, Colts - all teams with a very anti-thug image.

All that talent isn't worth squat if you are a negative influence on your team.

Even teams like Philly, who have been generally succesfull, flirted with a poor character/ high talent player for a single season - and it gave them a single SB appearance and capsized the whole of the season after.

For a league that has a reputation for being 'copy-cat' some teams are mighty slow to catch on.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
This guy can't save himself from trouble.

Atlanta Dan
12-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Maybe he has allergies and needed the antihistamine to relieve congestion.

stillers4me
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
The Bengal fans are so desperate they'll put up with anything to win games. I live with them and I hear them say it everyday.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Maybe he has allergies and needed the antihistamine to relieve congestion.

You never know.

Atlanta Dan
12-08-2006, 10:46 PM
You never know.

To paraphrase Animal House:

Flounder: Will he believe that?

Otter: Who knows? It's gotta work better than the truth.

clevestinks
12-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Can all these guys paly with the house arrest ankle bracelets??