PDA

View Full Version : So...the rest of the season....

Livinginthe past
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Steeler fans, i'd like you to put down the 'homer hat' for just a second and give me your honest opinion on how you think the results of the final 3 Steelers games will pan out.

No-one should be able to accuse you of being a bad/disloyal fan - even you think all 3 games will result in a loss.

I've set it up as a poll, but feel free to add comments.

NM

Livinginthe past
12-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Ok the poll took longer than 3 minutes.

Lets go for comments only :cheers:

NM

Preacher
12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I think we should win all three. Why? I am glad you asked.

1. We want/need to prove that the Ravens game was a fluke. Cowher said it was bad game planning. He may be right. I don't think the Ravens will do that to us again.

2. Bengals. They will be in a pressure situation that last game. They are still too immature to win pressure games. Plus, there is a VERY outside chance it still may be a playoff qualifier game for the Steelers.

3. Carolina. They have already been quoted as talking about thier ease of schedule the rest of the way. I think they have no idea how much of a game they are in for.

So I give us good chances of winning out. However, we will probably go 2-1.

stillers4me
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I think we still have a couple of cans of whoopass left labeled "We are the SuperBowl Champs and don't you effin' forget it!!" :jammin:

Sharkissle29
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
honestly....
Carolina W
Baltimore L
Cincinnatti W

prove me wrong!!!!!
baltimore is tough

MACH1
12-08-2006, 04:58 PM
All three should be wins........Realistically 2-1, pick em for the one loss

Preacher
12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
honestly....
Carolina W
Baltimore L
Cincinnatti W

prove me wrong!!!!!
baltimore is tough

That is why I said 2-1... Baltimore is the one I am really worried about. I think we can do it... but I am worried.

klick81
12-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Realisticly, 2-1 with a loss at either Cincy or Baltimore.

fansince'76
12-08-2006, 06:12 PM
honestly....
Carolina W
Baltimore L
Cincinnatti W

prove me wrong!!!!!
baltimore is tough

Being perfectly honest, I second this. We out-and-out lost (badly) the first game to Baltimore, but we GAVE the first game to Cincy. Carolina doesn't impress me either.

clevestinks
12-08-2006, 06:39 PM
What Steeler team shows up?? I say we win car, and cin, if our o line shows up against the ratbirds, were in.

ChronoCross
12-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Panthers- A QB who was yanked young in his career because of a full season of INT's, I think we can take advantage of. They have not played well all year at all. I think we have turned around and started playing good enough to beat the panthers.

Ravens - Were at home and the ravens took a heavy hit on the returns game. They might be showing signs of what we pulled on returns with a new return guy. I think the team in general has come to life even tho it was the browns but we changed blocking schemes, improved are blocking. McNair has showed signs of decline and Bengals gave us some good film to go off of. I think we want revenge. I am not saying forsure we will win this but I think we have a very good chance. Ravens will fight tho because they want home field advantage for the playoffs. So it will be full blown out fight to the end.

Bengals - If the stars did align and we have hope with this final game to make the playoffs by anychance, I believe we will fight so hard Bengals will not know what hit them. And as like last year they beat us at home and we beat them at home. And what team keeps 85 in check we do for the last 3 years. I think we win this one. If anything we will fight hard to keep Bengals out of the playoffs.

Dook
12-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I think it's possible that we win them all but I just don't see it especially with Ward and Troy hurting.

Carolina may have Delhomme out so there's our best chance

Baltimore just ravaged us. It was like a lion vs a kitten.

Cincy found a way to beat Baltimore.

We lose all three.

SteelCzar76
12-08-2006, 07:31 PM
What Steeler team shows up?? I say we win car, and cin, if our o line shows up against the ratbirds, were in.

Steeler fans, i'd like you to put down the 'homer hat' for just a second and give me your honest opinion on how you think the results of the final 3 Steelers games will pan out.

No-one should be able to accuse you of being a bad/disloyal fan - even you think all 3 games will result in a loss.

I've set it up as a poll, but feel free to add comments.

NM

We win out, and with a little help from the hand of fortune,......"shake up the world". And Coach returns to fulfill his destiny,.....to become the greatest (Head Coach) in Steeler history.
And while you may consider this Homerism and say,(Clubber Lang Rocky III voice) "C'mon Balboa,....unnnghhhh !"
I'll call it a matter of will.
"Fortune though fickle in her affection's,......more often than not,.....FAVORS THE THE BRAVE."

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"