PDA

View Full Version : Let John Kuhn run MORE!!!!!!

FLSteeler
12-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Did anybody notice John Kuhn running the ball on the last play
of the game . That one and only run he made 16 yards. I think
they should run him more up the middle instead of running Parker
to death. Any thoughts????? :helmet: :helmet: :tt02: :tt02: :jammin:

clevestinks
12-08-2006, 06:24 PM
LOL, he looked good against a d line that was beat to death by the time the 4th qaurter came around. I wouldn`t bank him being the future yet.

sumo
12-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree - give Kuhn more carries!

MattsMe
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
LOL, he looked good against a d line that was beat to death by the time the 4th qaurter came around. I would bank him being the future yet.

'Nuff said.

Dook
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, give him a few more carries but just a few.

PisnNapalm
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I've liked everything I've seen from him in the preseason. Use Kuhn as our Thunder and Parker as the Lightning.

ytsan2q
12-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Most running backs look good when they come off the bench in the 4th quarter with fresh legs against a D-line that was abused all game long.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
John was great. I'd love to see him have more carries. Just make sure we have a good start first. He can be of BIG help in preserving leads.

FLSteeler
12-08-2006, 10:51 PM
LOL, he looked good against a d line that was beat to death by the time the 4th qaurter came around. I wouldn`t bank him being the future yet.

LOL, I guess Willie running for 223 yards against a beat up 4th qtr. defense
was a joke then . We should run Willie every play till he gets hurt. A set of fresh
legs running the ball such as Davenport or Kuhn with Willie would be nice .
We did run three backs in past years with great success. Now its all on Willie
to run the ball with a occassional Davenport.:banging: :banging:

"'GO STEELERS'" :helmet: :helmet: :jammin: :jammin:

Stillers#1
12-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Lets not crown Kun the savior yet (although many here already have) Willie is about to be a Pro-Bowl back, and I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Najeh is having himself a nice season. Kuhn will be a nice 3rd option.

Preacher
12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
You know... we are getting old when it comes to Full Back.... Kuhn??

Stillers#1
12-08-2006, 11:01 PM
You know... we are getting old when it comes to Full Back.... Kuhn??

Now that, my friend, mkaes sense. I love Kreider, but he is getting up there. I see no reason not to kick Verron to the curb, and let Kuhn take over(kinda like Chukki should have been taking over at center).

Preacher
12-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Now that, my friend, mkaes sense. I love Kreider, but he is getting up there. I see no reason not to kick Verron to the curb, and let Kuhn take over(kinda like Chukki should have been taking over at center).

I think it is time to change your signature!

NV STEELERS 723
12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Kuhn can block!

SteelShooter
12-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Lets not crown Kun the savior yet (although many here already have) Willie is about to be a Pro-Bowl back, and I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Najeh is having himself a nice season. Kuhn will be a nice 3rd option.

I'm still out with the jury on Najeh Bro. And I am definitely not ready to give a big portion of the load to Kuhn. But we DO need to let up on poor Willie a little bit. If we do not, then he will be ground down and burned out like the Oilers did with Earl Campbell back in the day. That was on helluva running back, but 30 + carries every game just kills a long-term career.
I do agree though, let Kuhn have a bit of a larger role in relieving Willie. Let Willie take him under his wing as Jerome did with Willie. Let him learn and mature, then let him carry, carry, carry. :helmet:

IamTheSteelGod
12-09-2006, 04:32 AM
Who is he? Is he a rooke, watched the game yesterday and i amazed to see a quick white RB.

In Cowher We Trust
12-09-2006, 07:08 AM
he should get more carries

Dynasty
12-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Even if it was against a destroyed, beaten-up D, it still isn't easy for anyone to get 16 yards on a single carry. And he can block!

83-Steelers-43
12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
JOHN KUHN IN '08'!!!!

"Not only are we going to Latrobe, Mr. Rooney, we're going to Cincinnati, Byaaah!!! and Cleveland, Byaaah!!! and Baltimore, Byaaah!!! and Arizona, Byaaah!!! and St. Louis, Byaaah!!! and New York, Byaaah!!! and we're going to California, Byaaah!!!! and Texas, Byaaah!!! and… And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, Byaaah!!! Byaaah!!!! Byaaah!!!. And then we're going to Glendale, Arizona to take back our Lombardi! Byaaah!!!"

Livinginthe past
12-09-2006, 11:09 AM
JOHN KUHN IN '08'!!!!

"Not only are we going to Latrobe, Mr. Rooney, we're going to Cincinnati, Byaaah!!! and Cleveland, Byaaah!!! and Baltimore, Byaaah!!! and Arizona, Byaaah!!! and St. Louis, Byaaah!!! and New York, Byaaah!!! and we're going to California, Byaaah!!!! and Texas, Byaaah!!! and? And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, Byaaah!!! Byaaah!!!! Byaaah!!!. And then we're going to Glendale, Arizona to take back our Lombardi! Byaaah!!!"

That you, Joey? :sofunny:

NM

stlrtruck
12-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Give the boy some carries, let's see what he's got.

Mosca
12-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Kuhn is too busy sorting out the situation in the Middle East, curing Alzheimer's, and cooking dinner to get more carries. Once all that stuff is done he says he'll come back and save the Steelers. :flap:

klick81
12-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Holy crap...LITP is a moderator now? Where the hell have i been?! LOL...

SCSTILLER
12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I like Kuhn! He had a heck of a preseason, had a little trouble holding on to the ball though. I honestly think he will be/is a better runner than Verron. Would like to see him in more on third and shorts and see what happens. Not sold on Najeh, so would like to see Najeh and Kuhn split things up and go with the best of the two as our #2 back.

Blitzburgh
12-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I think Kuhn will get the backup role next year to Davenport. This means Haynes will get the boot ....

Parker
Davenport
Kuhn
Draft Pick

clevestinks
12-09-2006, 10:03 PM

Agreed, but someone please hang on to the ball!!!!!!

24seven
12-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I thought it was kind of funny watching Cowers reaction to Kuhn's run at the end of the game.. That shit eatin grin .. then he points to the ground to just end the suffering for the Brownies.. He hit the hole hard and fast and that white blur did catch my attention.. Looked like the ghost of Willie Parker.. A few more carries wouldn't hurt.. And yea.. i'm with the not sold on Davenport end of things as well.. He's no bus replacement that's for sure..

Dynasty
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
@24seven:

I agree with you mostly.

i like najeh, but he's more like a VW type 2 bus with a 2 cylinder inline engine..

jerome was a bus... but he had a v-12 turbocharged diesel..... he was quick on his feet

Haiku_Dirtt
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Why not. At least I don't have to waste keystrokes on the Duce debate. Damn. I just did.

lilyoder6
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
i would of liked to see duce get some playing time in that game to see if he got anything left.. lol it wasn't liek he was gonn ahurt us.. but i think najah should get more carries than he does now... he is a good RB.. and kuhn and verron are both very good RB... but i don't know who they are goin to keep... but i do know or i think i know they should get rid of duce

Haiku_Dirtt
12-11-2006, 02:29 AM
WTF. I hope the Rooney's are spending plenty on scouting because (forgive me Willie) our running attack is on the brink of feeble.

tony hipchest
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
i would of liked to see duce get some playing time in that game to see if he got anything left.. lol it wasn't liek he was gonn ahurt us..he got playing time in the preseason. it was pretty much obvious he had nothing left. im glad his nostalgia tour of the sidelines came to an abrupt end.

stlrtruck
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM
If the Steelers aren't going to FREE WILLIE, then they need to know that John KUHN DO IT!!

Elvis
12-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I LOVE KUHN!!:wave:

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
WTF. I hope the Rooney's are spending plenty on scouting because (forgive me Willie) our running attack is on the brink of feeble.

We have a back who is 3rd in Pro Bowl voting, I hardly think our running game is on the brink of feeble. Inconsistent, maybe, but not feeble.

Stillers43
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
DUDE! Willie is not the problem in the running game. We need the O-Line to step it up like they did against the Clowns all season long! They were blowing people up! Maybe Kuhn can develop into a 3rd down bruiser like bettis.

Preacher
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Willie can help himself by learning a few moves... How to juke a bit.

However, the real problem is the O line...

If Willie learns just a few moves...and the O line steps up next year... WOW...

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Preacher man, I dont know if we were watching the same game.

I saw Willie throw a juke and a stiff arm on one run against the brownies. I actually didn't get to watch the game, I listened to it, but I saw highlights, and Willie is looking good this year.

I do agree that he needs his carried cut down to between 20-25 a game though. Maybe Kuhn get 3-5 and Najeh take 8-10. Lets remember who Kuhn got his 16 yard carry against.

SteelShooter
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Why not. At least I don't have to waste keystrokes on the Duce debate. Damn. I just did.

:sofunny: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sofunny:

Preacher
12-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Preacher man, I dont know if we were watching the same game.

I saw Willie throw a juke and a stiff arm on one run against the brownies. I actually didn't get to watch the game, I listened to it, but I saw highlights, and Willie is looking good this year.

I do agree that he needs his carried cut down to between 20-25 a game though. Maybe Kuhn get 3-5 and Najeh take 8-10. Lets remember who Kuhn got his 16 yard carry against.

I agree... He looks good.

I was actually quoting Joey Porter, who said that Willie "has no shake and bake about him, but he has speed, and you can't teach that!"

fansince'76
12-12-2006, 01:25 AM
However, the real problem is the O line...

Bingo - kinda hard to generate alot of rushing yards when consistently getting hit 2-3 yards deep in the backfield.