PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Our Newest Moderators

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Livinginthepast and HometownGal.

Welcome aboard the staff. Looking forward to working with you guys with keeping this forum in good hands.

klick81
12-09-2006, 01:51 PM
If i were new here, and saw a Patriots fan was a moderator, I'D BE SHOCKED. LOL...it's a good thing I've read his posts before! Congrats to both of you!

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Congrats guys!

Preacher
12-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Questions...

1. How many mods do we have now?

2. Is there a difference between mod and super mod?

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
3 and no. Super Mod and Mod are the same.

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
There is 3. SCM, LITP, and HTG. None I believe unless each is assigned their own sections to moderate.

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 02:20 PM
lol SCM beat me to the punch

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 02:26 PM
I beat you at everything Prosdo my former fellow mod. lol jk.

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 02:33 PM
lol 2 shots to the heart in one day. Damn!

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Congrats to the new Mods :-)

HometownGal
12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Thank you! It is an honor to be working with SCM, LITP and SF to moderate this awesome place! :thumbsup: I want everyone here to know that I am going to give this privilege my all to help keep this board as the very best anywhere on the net! :smile:

Pros - I was shocked and sorry to see that you had stepped down but I hope you continue to post the excellent thoughts and opinions you have in the past. You're a classy, intelligent and energetic young woman with a good head on her shoulders. You did a fantastic job here and don't you ever forget it. :wink02: Please don't be a stranger, OK?

Stillers#1
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
lol 2 shots to the heart in one day. Damn!

SHOT THROUGHT THE HEART AND YOU'RE TO BLAME....YOU GIVE LOVE......a bad name

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 04:19 PM

:sofunny:

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 04:30 PM

That's an awesome song lol

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Pros - I was shocked and sorry to see that you had stepped down but I hope you continue to post the excellent thoughts and opinions you have in the past. You're a classy, intelligent and energetic young woman with a good head on her shoulders. You did a fantastic job here and don't you ever forget it. :wink02: Please don't be a stranger, OK?

Thanks HTG and Congrats on your new position. I will be around. Even though I stepped down I still do love the site. I met some of the coolest people here and made quite a few friends. Enjoyed a Super Bowl victory with you guys as well.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks HTG and Congrats on your new position. I will be around. Even though I stepped down I still do love the site. I met some of the coolest people here and made quite a few friends. Enjoyed a Super Bowl victory with you guys as well.

That's for sure.

Stlrs4Life
12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Congrats LITP, and HometownGirl.

CantStop85
12-09-2006, 06:42 PM
A non-steeler fan as a mod...the best decision I've heard in a while. :blurp:

Tankus_Maximus
12-09-2006, 08:46 PM

More like the inmates running the asylum.

Best decision I heard in a while was making HTG a mod.

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I agree too....she'll do just fine.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Boy step away for a couple of days and the changes that are made...
First off sorry to see ya go Prosdo you have done an awesome job, but I'm glad to see where you went!!!

HTG congrats IMHO you will do an awesome job !!! :cheers: :tt02:

LITP???:banging: I don't get that one. I do not usually agree with you but that doesn't mean you can't be good. :cheers: I'm not writing you off, just yet, only time will tell. I'm just trying to remember the last time you had anything positive to say about the STEELERS?

IMHO it seems to me that there are plenty of STEELER faithful that belong to this board that can do the job just as well. It just adds to some of the curious happenings on this board.

polamalufan43
12-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Congrats to all of the new Mods!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

NV STEELERS 723
12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I think they are good choices, except I keep seeing that Pats helmet!.... LOL

steelerbackr4life
12-10-2006, 07:04 PM
congrats to the new mods

jaysta
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Congrats to the new mods!

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated! :cheers:

MyCuz64Furness
01-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Thats what I said :sofunny: :sofunny:

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Liz as Mod? Excellent! She's fair and knows the game...

LITP? What in the name of all that is holy and good were "you" thinking? It's weird to even have an opposing fan as a regular POSTER at an opposing board...why? Think about it. Why would any Steelers fan set up shop at some other board? They wouldn't.

It'd be different if LITP was really open minded or progressive or understanding, but, for Christ's sake, the very name he uses is an insult to the Steelers, more particularly their fans, stating that we, as Steelers fans are "Living in the past" compared to his Pats who win Super Bowls (Which made a lot more sense BEFORE last year...now his insult loses it's lustre a bit)

It's a mistake to have him as a mod. He should more likely be banned. That's a pretty big disparity, I know, but it is what it is. Then again, it's you guys' board...if you like him and think he contributes in a positive way when he subtly mocks you and the board everyday, Good luck and God bless...

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Liz as Mod? Excellent! She's fair and knows the game...

LITP? What in the name of all that is holy and good were "you" thinking? It's weird to even have an opposing fan as a regular POSTER at an opposing board...why? Think about it. Why would any Steelers fan set up shop at some other board? They wouldn't.

It'd be different if LITP was really open minded or progressive or understanding, but, for Christ's sake, the very name he uses is an insult to the Steelers, more particularly their fans, stating that we, as Steelers fans are "Living in the past" compared to his Pats who win Super Bowls (Which made a lot more sense BEFORE last year...now his insult loses it's lustre a bit)

It's a mistake to have him as a mod. He should more likely be banned. That's a pretty big disparity, I know, but it is what it is. Then again, it's you guys' board...if you like him and think he contributes in a positive way when he subtly mocks you and the board everyday, Good luck and God bless...

Welcome back.

One of the signs of personal growth is being able to put the past behind you and move on.

I see you aren't quite there yet, which is a genuine shame, this remains an excellent Steelers forum and you missing out by posting here so rarely.

I caught quite a bit of 'stick' for my i.d. on here when the Steelers brought home the big one last year, while the Patriots bowed out earlier than I hoped.

I took it in good spirit, and probably had it coming...after all its only a name and there's no need to get too wound up about it.

NM

PisnNapalm
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm cool with LITP being a mod. I think I like the idea of an outside more objective voice for moderator.

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm cool with LITP being a mod. I think I like the idea of an outside more objective voice for moderator.

Thanks , man :cheers:

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Said the spider to the fly "You should be with me".

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 08:54 PM
And along came Miss Tuffet?

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
No, the fly fell into the sly spiders trap, and the spider ate him.

There are a lot of flies on this board...and only one spider I can see that eats flies.

Hmmmmm...what if there was a spider trap? Something that could catch the bad spider?

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:09 PM
No, the fly fell into the sly spiders trap, and the spider ate him.

There are a lot of flies on this board...and only one spider I can see that eats flies.

Hmmmmm...what if there was a spider trap? Something that could catch the bad spider?

That sounds like a very naughty spider, indeed.

Are those rhetorical questions at the end?

I'll just presume they are.

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 09:17 PM
That sounds like a very naughty spider, indeed.

Are those rhetorical questions at the end?

I'll just presume they are.

NM

It's been an easy ride for you, hasn't it? They let you in...and it's doubled by the fact you were somehow elected to mod status. But the fundamental questions still remain.

Anyway, considering your situation, being elected "Mod" was about as big as it gets, isn't it? Oh, wait. Didn't you just get a car...a really expensive car? Like a $200,000 car? Wouldn't you want to talk about that on the board?

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:20 PM
It's been an easy ride for you, hasn't it? They let you in...and it's doubled by the fact you were somehow elected to mod status. But the fundamental questions still remain.

Anyway, considering your situation, being elected "Mod" was about as big as it gets, isn't it? Oh, wait. Didn't you just get a car...a really expensive car? Like a $200,000 car? Wouldn't you want to talk about that on the board?

Hmmm. Yes I bought a new car a few months back, I wouldnt quite put it in the $200,000 range though - gets me from a-b.

I didnt realise anyone wanted to talk about it.

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Depends on who you are trying to impress, I guess, and why...

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Depends on who you are trying to impress, I guess, and why...

Hmmmm ok.

Thats pretty vague.

Go ahead and PM me if you want to be more specific, I have no real idea what you are hinting at, to be honest.

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Welcome back.

One of the signs of personal growth is being able to put the past behind you and move on.

NM

...said the one named Livinginthe Past. sorry, just couldnt help but to notice the irony in this post. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:31 PM
...said the one named Livinginthe Past. sorry, just couldnt help but to notice the irony in this post. :chuckle:

Irony ....how?

Its obviously not meant to refer to myself.

Come on, Tony.

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I see nothing has changed...

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Irony ....how?

Its obviously not meant to refer to myself.

Come on, Tony.

NM

your name isnt meant to refer to yourself??? :confused:

c'mon litp.

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
your name isnt meant to refer to yourself??? :confused:

c'mon litp.

Nope, thats exactly right.

You're catching on.

You remember that other Patriots fan..Brady 12?

That wasn't actually Tom Brady.

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Nope, thats exactly right.

You're catching on.

You remember that other Patriots fan..Brady 12?

That wasn't actually Tom Brady.

NMfunny how you bring him up. HE is now a lions fan (probably posting under the name "kitna08", or whatever # jon wears) while it is YOU who is living in the past. crazy how that stuff works out. :sofunny:

Stillers#1
01-13-2007, 12:29 AM
There hasn't been any problems with Nigel as a mod yet, and it hasn't kept poeple from coming here. Some people may have left and some people may be splitting time between forums now (me included), but I would wager to say the majority of it has nothing to do with LITP.

clevestinks
01-13-2007, 09:10 AM
There hasn't been any problems with Nigel as a mod yet, and it hasn't kept poeple from coming here. Some people may have left and some people may be splitting time between forums now (me included), but I would wager to say the majority of it has nothing to do with LITP.
Dont bet on it!

Big D
01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
:popcorn:

Stillers#1
01-13-2007, 12:41 PM
[/B]
Dont bet on it!

If people are leaving b/c of Nigel they need to re-examine themselves. There are people on this site that are 10X worse than he is. People don't like Nigle b/c when it comes to talking football, or being a smart-ass most people can't hang with him.

clevestinks
01-14-2007, 07:52 AM
If people are leaving b/c of Nigel they need to re-examine themselves. There are people on this site that are 10X worse than he is. People don't like Nigle b/c when it comes to talking football, or being a smart-ass most people can't hang with him.

It has nothing to do with "Hanging With Him". Is that suppose to intimidate us?? And should a Mod be none for being a" Smart Ass" ?? Is this what its all about?

As far as his football knowledge, and life knowledge for that matter, I have had his back as much as anybody. How about the Thread about him being a Mod.

Member Number: 302
Infractions: 0/1 (5) Re: WTF is up with Livinginthe past??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropodx
How did a Patriots fan become a super moderator?

With 43 posts under your belt, I dont think your ready to judge who is a mod around here. If you read his posts, and threads, they are really thought out and his football knowledge is unsurpassed considering he isnt a Steelers fan. All the mods do an exceptional job, and thay should all be congratulated for the job they do. This forum has grown so much, there is way to many people to keep track of. When I was asked to becoem a mod, I turned it down, because I didnt think I could keep up with everything.

See where I had his back? That was just once, there were many more. But just the fact that there was a thread about a Pats fan being a mod here, makes me wonder about the reason behind some of the departures?

I`ll be honest I think I was treated unfairly, no big deal though, its a forum not my job, my family or anything like that. Its not life and death. But I was here almost in the beginning when there was some complaints about racist, or sexual preference comments, and a stop was put it. I thought that was the end of it, now that the site has grown ,there is more little personal attacks i guess. I had to take a couple month hiatus from the site and never noticed the thread about these attacks. i called someone a puke. Wrong? Yes according to the rules. I didnt realize that this was to be considered a personal attack, my fault! But I know back in the day Mike or Matt would have PM`d me and said" Hey buddy you no longer allowed to call someone names" and " if youdo it again you`ll get an infraction, withe the possibility of being banned" My response would have been 'Sorry, I didnt know"
I didnt have time when I came back to read over every thread.

Besides Stillers#1
If you really want to become a Mod here, just ask. Don`t feel the need to ...................

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 09:23 AM
If people are leaving the site, did anyone ever take into consideration the fact that we didnt make the playoffs might have something to do with it? As opposed to having a mod who roots for another team?

Big D
01-14-2007, 11:05 AM
If people are leaving the site, did anyone ever take into consideration the fact that we didnt make the playoffs might have something to do with it? As opposed to having a mod who roots for another team?

Perhaps, but I joined here last may and there was alot more traffic then there is now. I have also noticed that some of the old orginals are no longer here. But to say is that litps fault nobody could predict that. There could be several other contributing factors. Like new memebers comming to the board that some old posters may not have cared for. Or people found lives outside of the board. I myself was away from the board for about three months while dealing with personal issues as well as a job transfer. I dont think naming a patriot fan would clear members out of here imo.

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
You are exactly right I joined in February of last year and dont have nearly as many posts as you. I just dont have the time.

I too dont htink that having litp should have anything to do with people leaving. I think it is a testament to this board having someone who is not a steeler fan as a mod. it speaks highly of its commitment to maintaining its integrity and while people dont have to agree with his opinions or choice of team to root for. Imo it is a good thing to have another point of view on things as long as it is clean and doesnt involve personal attacks on other members.

Big D
01-14-2007, 12:43 PM
One difference of last years traffic compared to this years traffic is this. Last year we won the superbowl in feb. then by the time all the excitement was over the draft was going on, then bens accident, then the preseason started. This year we do have to cowher specualtion to hold onto.

Mosca
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I see nothing has changed...

Oh I don't know, the board has been running quite nicely; THAT is different from when some folks were here trying to make controversy where there is none.

Tom

Stillers#1
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
It has nothing to do with "Hanging With Him". Is that suppose to intimidate us?? And should a Mod be none for being a" Smart Ass" ?? Is this what its all about?

As far as his football knowledge, and life knowledge for that matter, I have had his back as much as anybody. How about the Thread about him being a Mod.

See where I had his back? That was just once, there were many more. But just the fact that there was a thread about a Pats fan being a mod here, makes me wonder about the reason behind some of the departures?

I`ll be honest I think I was treated unfairly, no big deal though, its a forum not my job, my family or anything like that. Its not life and death. But I was here almost in the beginning when there was some complaints about racist, or sexual preference comments, and a stop was put it. I thought that was the end of it, now that the site has grown ,there is more little personal attacks i guess. I had to take a couple month hiatus from the site and never noticed the thread about these attacks. i called someone a puke. Wrong? Yes according to the rules. I didnt realize that this was to be considered a personal attack, my fault! But I know back in the day Mike or Matt would have PM`d me and said" Hey buddy you no longer allowed to call someone names" and " if youdo it again you`ll get an infraction, withe the possibility of being banned" My response would have been 'Sorry, I didnt know"
I didnt have time when I came back to read over every thread.

Besides Stillers#1
If you really want to become a Mod here, just ask. Don`t feel the need to ...................

Cleve, I wasn't calling you out, and I certainlly wasn't trying to intimidate anyone. This is the internet, if anyone gets intimidated by any words other than, "I know where you live and I am going to kill you" then there are problems.

I know you have had LITP's back, several people have, things have actually been running fairly smoothly until someone had to stir up a hornets nest.

Hell, if I recall I think I had your back in a roundabout way over your puke comment. I think its pretty asinine for you to get shit about that, especially with some of the things I have said and not gotten dinged for. Anyways, I agree with the guy a few posts above me, that one of the main reasons we are losing "posters" is that the Steelers haven't been in contention since November pretty much.

Anyways, I have asked to become a Mod, and the more I post the less I think I would want the job. What the hell is ...................... anyways?

Suitanim
01-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh I don't know, the board has been running quite nicely; THAT is different from when some folks were here trying to make controversy where there is none.

Tom
Yup...'tis all MY fault that Cleve (one of the original posters here) was pretty much run off before I even came back and posted a couple little jabs.

So, again, I see that nothing has changed. The bottom line is there should always be a few posters from other teams on this board (or any other board, for that matter), but you NEVER let the inmates get the keys to the asylum. Even when (well, Hell, especially when) they seem on their best behaviour.

Mosca
01-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Yup...'tis all MY fault that Cleve (one of the original posters here) was pretty much run off before I even came back and posted a couple little jabs.

So, again, I see that nothing has changed. The bottom line is there should always be a few posters from other teams on this board (or any other board, for that matter), but you NEVER let the inmates get the keys to the asylum. Even when (well, Hell, especially when) they seem on their best behaviour.

The internet is a big place. If one forum doesn't suit you, there is always another. This one seems to suit those who hang out here. I don't know why you need to bend it to your expectations.

The only person it needs to matter to is the one who is paying the bills for the software and bandwidth. If I hated it as much as you seem to, I wouldn't waste my time poking at it with a stick, unless I had some other motive. I mean, why stir up people who seem to be satisfied? Why not just start another site that fits your vision? This group works well as it is.

Unless, again, you have other motives.

Frankly I think more people would leave if LITP was bounced as a mod. In my world it's possible to understand color loyalties (B&G, RWB) as minor things when judging people; I try to judge them by the ways they manifest themselves in their communications.

Tom

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 08:37 PM

He you wanna be the martyr, then be the martyr.

Preacher
01-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't know....

Would it help if we all remember that this is just a BULLETIN BOARD?

floodcitygirl
01-16-2007, 08:15 AM
The thing I really dislike about Suit......is that he doesn't spend enough time around here.

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
The bottom line is we're here to have fun. If anyones ego is unable to handle an infraction for violating the rules of this message board then you shoudn't be here.

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The bottom line is we're here to have fun. If anyones ego is unable to handle an infraction for violating the rules of this message board then you shoudn't be here.

Speak the truth boss.