PDA

View Full Version : Bengals CB arrested for DUI

Livinginthe past
12-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated early Saturday morning after being stopped at a traffic checkpoint, the State Highway Patrol said.

O'Neal had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10, above Ohio's legal limit of 0.08, Sergeant Kevin Long said.

O'Neal, a seven-year veteran, is the eighth Bengals player arrested this year on various charges. Rookie receiver Reggie McNeal was charged with resisting arrest earlier this week outside a Houston nightclub.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16203265.htm

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 09:34 AM
More Bengals problems. Look like 30 Players are out the door when the offseason comes. LOL

Livinginthe past
12-09-2006, 09:39 AM
More Bengals problems. Look like 30 Players are out the door when the offseason comes. LOL

Seems to be having a knock-on effect even with the vets - even if Marvin Lewis is a good coach he appears to have lost all control of his players discipline.

Willingly drafting players who have such obvious character flaws is a flat out bad idea.

NM

Hawk Believer
12-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Think of all the trouble that organization would prevent if they just ponied up for chauffuers for all their players.:dang:

PisnNapalm
12-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Think of all the trouble that organization would prevent if they just ponied up for chauffuers for all their players.:dang:

Good point. Though with all the money the players make you'd think they would take more care in protecting the lifestyle they have.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Seems to be having a knock-on effect even with the vets - even if Marvin Lewis is a good coach he appears to have lost all control of his players discipline.

Willingly drafting players who have such obvious character flaws is a flat out bad idea.

NM

Not to mention signing them off of the FA wire.

83-Steelers-43
12-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Along with resisiting arrest, McNeal is also being brought up on drug charges. He had a cigarette that contained an antihistamine that is sometimes used as a sedative.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06343/744817-66.stm

Bengals = Thugs and punks.

wiqidjuggalo
12-09-2006, 09:48 AM
The entire Bengals roster is becoming a complete and total joke... IF indeed I were a bung-holes fan i would be so embarrassed to even think about cheering for that shit hole team EVER!!! Its just stupid that these guys that make MILLIONS of dollars cant keep themselves out of trouble... Thus being yet ANOTHER reason im glad im a fan of the greatest team in the NFL!!!

floodcitygirl
12-09-2006, 09:48 AM
When Marvin Lewis first came to Cincy he talked about how character and integrity were going to be top priorities for his team. Then they proceeded to draft the thugs that they did. I guess he failed to mention the prefix of "a lack of" in his statements and add "as long as we can get some W's" after. The attitude seems to be flowing thru the veterans as well. :dang:

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
When Marvin Lewis first came to Cincy he talked about how character and integrity were going to be top priorities for his team. Then they proceeded to draft the thugs that they did. I guess he failed to mention the prefix of "a lack of" in his statements and add "as long as we can get some W's" after. The attitude seems to be flowing thru the veterans as well. :dang:

I guess his priorities are out of line. :sofunny:

stillers4me
12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm tellin' ya......the fans don't care at all. All they see is WINS. Can't tell you how many I've heard say they don't care what happens off the field as long as they win. How long til one of these idiots kills somebody on the road??? Flood and I live in Cinci......it's a scary thing. The fish stinks from the head down all the way to the fans. It makes me sick every time I see a parent who lets his precious child dress in a Bengal jersey. What are they thinking??? :dang:

Thank God I'm a Steeler fan. We're not perfect by any means but character is high on the list in the Rooney organization.

stillers4me
12-09-2006, 10:06 AM
My boss said he'ds like to see the Bengals pick up Troy Polamalu........it made me throw up in my mouth to think of Troy in that uniform.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm tellin' ya......the fans don't care at all. All they see is WINS. Can't tell you how many I've heard say they don't care what happens off the field as long as they win. How long til one of these idiots kills somebody on the road??? Flood and I live in Cinci......it's a scary thing. The fish stinks from the head down all the way to the fans. It makes me sick every time I see a parent who lets his precious child dress in a Bengal jersey. What are they thinking??? :dang:

Thank God I'm a Steeler fan. We're not perfect by any means but character is high on the list in the Rooney organization.

Amen to that stillers

stillers4me
12-09-2006, 10:26 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! He must've been out celebrating their highly anticipated Super Bowl win!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh.......can't tell you how this made my day.......first the Steelers bust up the Brownies and then yet another Bungal earns his stripes.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 10:38 AM
LOL. Just a different type.

tony hipchest
12-09-2006, 11:27 AM
ive never heard of this cigarette laced with antihistimine that seems to be the hottest fad with the bungles. is this just a cincinatti thing that prisoners use to get high?

fansince'76
12-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Eight for the year and counting. Do I hear ten before the end of the regular season?

fansince'76
12-09-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm tellin' ya......the fans don't care at all. All they see is WINS.

And they're not seeing an overwhelming abundance of those, either. 7-5 - seems to me that's the same record we had last year when all we were hearing is how our season was over. Yet these guys are a "lock" for the Superbowl. Right.

boLT fan
12-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I feel bad for Carson Palmer. He's a class guy on a thug team.

stlrtruck
12-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Think of all the trouble they would prevent if they drafted people that acted better!

Preacher
12-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I wonder if the Bengals have some type of work-release program with the jails?

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I wonder if the Bengals have some type of work-release program with the jails?

Yep. Only time they're to be out of jail is practice where you keep a security guard on patrol.:toofunny:

Big D
12-10-2006, 08:53 AM
dealtha oneal this ones for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdYyM_ahhh4

Stlrs4Life
12-10-2006, 09:59 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6254742?FSO2&ATT=MA

polamalufan43
12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Well, that's just lovely. Oh well, I hope they have learned their lessons. Do you think the staff will reconsider who is coming back next year as a bengal?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
If they would make not being arrested a condition for making the 2007 Bengals, they would have to keep all their draft picks and (if there are no more arrests, which is a big if) add at least one free agent. Except for total screw-ups like Odell Thurman I doubt anybody will be let go based upon non-performance issues.

stillers4me
12-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Deltha O'Neal is a seven year veteren and a 2 time Pro Bowl player. He no doubt hasd been getting away with it for a long time and just happened to get caught this time. It's not just the young guys that have this type of behavior.

I just don't understand why drunk driving is not being blasted in the press like Porter calling someone an name. Name calling has never killed anyone. I happen to drive on the same highways as these Bengal players .......one of them could kill me or one of my loved ones. Now I know it happens on every team but this is just getting out of hand. And the only way it's going to stop is if Marvin Lewis fired and they bring in someone to clean house and start all over from scratch (Palmer and few others seem to be good guys but I hear their interviews on local radio stations and they poo poo the situation so I have no sympathy for them either). After sucking so bad for 15 years, I really don't think they will make any majoy changes.....after all......they going to win the SuperBowl this year, ya know. And they would have won it last year.............................................. .................................