PDA

View Full Version : greatest achilles heel going into the playoffs

tony hipchest
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
pretty much all the divisional battles are sewn up, yet some of the leading teams still have some glaring weaknesses. which one poses the biggest problem in regards to going deep in the playoffs?

INDY- rush defense (have never relied on defense and still have the best passer to fall back on. a healthy bob sanders will help)

PATS - passing offense (have always relied on late tom brady drives)

BEARS - quarterback (like the 2000 ravens this may not be much of an issue. they still have the best defense in the league, and can always fall back on b. griese)

DALLAS - the huge distraction named t.o. (ok. this is a reach, after all he does produce on the field)

saints, ravens, san diego, and seattle, really dont seem to have big holes that need to be filled.

polamalufan43
12-10-2006, 04:17 PM
pretty much all the divisional battles are sewn up, yet some of the leading teams still have some glaring weaknesses. which one poses the biggest problem in regards to going deep in the playoffs?

INDY- rush defense (have never relied on defense and still have the best passer to fall back on. a healthy bob sanders will help)

PATS - passing offense (have always relied on late tom brady drives)

BEARS - quarterback (like the 2000 ravens this may not be much of an issue. they still have the best defense in the league, and can always fall back on b. griese)

DALLAS - the huge distraction named t.o. (ok. this is a reach, after all he does produce on the field)

saints, ravens, san diego, and new orleans really dont seem to have big holes that need to be filled.

This makes alot of sense.
Indy rush D pretty much went on vacation and who knows when they are coming back.

The Pats can't count on Tom Brady forever. Sooner or later his days as an all-pro QB have to end sometime. I think that time is coming very soon.

As for Dallas, sure T.O. can play, but he is a huge distraction. Chances are all of the regular and off season incidents are going to add up.

I really can't say much about the Bears because I don't really watch they're games. I only watched some of the others teams games to tell everyone the truth. But hey, I think I still know what I'm talking about.
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Indy's sieve like run D.

MACH1
12-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Bears with a weak QB

fansince'76
12-10-2006, 05:51 PM

How about a QB that has ZERO playoff experience? Same problem we had 2 years ago.

Hines0wnz
12-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Dallas will choke, Romo is no Brady or Ben. His inexperience will catch up to him when they play an oppurtunistic D like the Bears.......in the Chicago cold.

fansince'76
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I think the Chargers have two question marks:
1. How will Rivers perform under playoff pressure, having no playoff experience?
2. Will Schottenheimer revert back to the ultraconservative "Martyball" mode that has cost his teams dearly in playoffs past?

CantStop85
12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
saints, ravens, san diego, and seattle, really dont seem to have big holes that need to be filled.
The Saints D is a big question, especially if they still have Fred Thomas starting at corner...that guy is horrible.

I'm still not completely sold on the Ravens offense, Jamal Lewis has been less than advertised and McNair hasn't exactly been spectacular.

polamalufan43
12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
The Saints D is a big question, especially if they still have Fred Thomas starting at corner...that guy is horrible.

I'm still not completely sold on the Ravens offense, Jamal Lewis has been less than advertised and McNair hasn't exactly been spectacular.

For once, I actually agree.
McNair is good for the regular season, but haven't seen him "advertised" like other QBs

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

hardwork
12-10-2006, 09:06 PM
The Pats can't count on Tom Brady forever. ~Polamalufan43:tt02:

No they can't.

He had more around him when we won those Super Bowls though. It wasn't all Brady.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
No they can't.

He had more around him when we won those Super Bowls though. It wasn't all Brady.

Exactly. they need a receiver to replace Branch. Even though they have some good prospects reaching to his heights.

tony hipchest
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM

I'm still not completely sold on the Ravens offense, Jamal Lewis has been less than advertised and McNair hasn't exactly been spectacular.actually the saints d has done pretty good this year as has baltimore o since the brain took over playcalling duties. both teams have a top notch defense/offense to compensate. if you think these are bigger issues than the colts run defense or the pats lack of wr's, etc. thats cool.

your on record:

the saints defense with fred thomas

ravens offense

:rolleyes:

CantStop85
12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
actually the saints d has done pretty good this year as has baltimore o since the brain took over playcalling duties. both teams have a top notch defense/offense to compensate. if you think these are bigger issues than the colts run defense or the pats lack of wr's, etc. thats cool.

your on record:

the saints defense with fred thomas

ravens offense

:rolleyes:
I didn't say they were bigger issues than the colts run defense, I just wanted to point out that they weren't exactly invulnerable.

If you haven't seen the highlights of Fred Thomas getting torched the past 4-5 weeks, you need to take a look.

Also remember, the Ravens were just a couple of minutes away from putting up a goose egg against the Bengals D just last week. I need not tell you how lowly ranked the Bengals D is.

Hines0wnz
12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Also remember, the Ravens were just a couple of minutes away from putting up a goose egg against the Bengals D just last week. I need not tell you how lowly ranked the Bengals D is.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :wink02:

steelcity58
12-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Indy is not a football team...

They are soon to be sold to the NBA for the basketball team that they are.

Receivers line up same side every play.

Manning tries to look smart by talking and pointing...

Kind of hides the simpleton approach of their offense.

If the Steelers had Wayne and Harrison...the NFL might escape parity for about 3-4 years.