PDA

View Full Version : LT Breaks TD Record!

boLT fan
12-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats to the best player in the game today.

:jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheer: :cheer: :chicken: :chicken: :banana: :banana:

AND we clinch the AFC West. This team is just special.

MACH1
12-10-2006, 06:20 PM

Special as in padded hats and short bus's. LOL JK :cheer:

Talk about a butt kickin

Dynasty
12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Congratulations LT!!!! I was watching the game since he got within 1 TD of the record.... man, it feels good to have watched football history.

And he might maybe even score another this game!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 06:38 PM

:jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheer: :cheer: :chicken: :chicken: :banana: :banana:

Hey LT is one of my favorite players. I have liked the guy since his TCU days. He is a great player and plays the game the right away. So congrats to him and since the Steelers will miss the play-offs. I hope the Chargers win it all so LT can get a ring. The Chargers do have that look of a special team.

Livinginthe past
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Well done LT :cheers:

Hell of a player - the Chargers look awesome.

NM

fansince'76
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Would much rather see LT holding the record than that crybaby assclown Alexander (WAH! Holmgren cost me the NFL rushing title!). Congrats, LT.

tony hipchest
12-10-2006, 11:50 PM
since emmitt smith broke this record we have seen faulk, homes, alexander and now tomlinson knock it down like it was nothing.

eerily similar to what mcguire, sosa, and bonds did with the homerun record in baseball.

coincidence?

(i think LT's record is legitimate and one of the most impressive in all of football- 3 games left plus 2 passing td's)

In Cowher We Trust
12-11-2006, 07:56 AM
congrats to lt

boLT fan
12-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I'd bet a million dollars LT is not juiced. And just saying that he someone used performance enhancer to get this record is horrible.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Well thats really lame to call out any player for taking steroids without having any proof. Plus to say Holmes, Alexander maybe juiced and not Faulk is well I won't type what I want to say about that. You might as well suspect every player instead of select few. It seems like your black listing to me.

Before saying that Holmes juiced and maybe Alexander. Maybe the fact they are a elite talents and both had great offensive lines to help them out in their quest for records is probally why these guys were able to accomplish what they did and not being juiced.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 06:52 PM
But until some evidence comes out that these RB's have juiced I'm willing to accept that their records are legit.

As for what was going on in MLB in the mid to late 1990's. We all knew that MLB had a steroid problem but everybody and I mean fans, owners, and the media looked the other way since Big Mac and Sosa brought baseball back with their magical homerun chase during the 1998 season.

Polamalus_Angel
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I respect LT's attitude. I hope he (well I'm sure he will score) more tds this year and I hope the record will stand for a while. I hear after the game he treated 21 underpriviledge kids that is part of his nonprofit organization to photo ops and dinner.

SteelR1
12-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Congratulations to LT and best of luck in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!

Certainly a great player all around

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Steelreserve trust I understand the doubt with todays pro athletes. I can't blame any fan for thinking that records might be in doubt. But I'll wait until some evidence comes out before pointing the finger at anyone.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Fair enough. I'm just reluctant to put the same enthusiasm behind all these "magical" efforts as happened with McGwire and Bonds. You know what they say... fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Like I said I don't blame you. I just would rather enjoy it and think its legit until proven other wise. Plus have some evidence come to light before accusing any player. But in this era some fans are always going to have that doubt. The players have themselves to blame for that.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2006, 11:35 AM
LT is the best player in the game and plays it the right way.

wiqidjuggalo
12-12-2006, 06:13 PM
This team is just special.

http://myspace-577.vo.llnwd.net/01333/77/58/1333658577_l.jpg

NV STEELERS 723
12-16-2006, 08:56 PM
LT is not on roids...he just has a great FB named Lorenzo Neal that I got flattened in HS by...Neal is from Lemoore, Ca. his school was not in our league, but we always played them the first game of the season... I was a skinny Freshman WR trying to make a cut block on him ( Neal ) and he just knocked the crap out of me... he was playing outside LB...he did help me up though...:rofl:

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
LT has 186 points on the year. the WHOLE raiders team has 154. thats gotta suck!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9877012

Tomlinson breaks scoring, rushing TD records

NFL.com wire reports

SAN DIEGO (Dec. 17, 2006) -- LaDainian Tomlinson can light up a stadium like no other player.

Tomlinson broke an 85-yard touchdown run late in the second quarter to give the star running back even more records and his San Diego Chargers a 14-3 lead over the Kansas City Chiefs at halftime Sunday night.

Tomlinson's second TD of the game came when he turned a simple off-tackle play into an electrifying run that was greeted by a burst of fireworks above Qualcomm Stadium and spotlights inside the big concrete bowl.

Once he burst through the hole, Tomlinson outraced cornerback Patrick Surtain and linebacker Derrick Johnson down the left sideline.

The longest run of Tomlinson's career, it:

-- Was his 31st TD, extending the single-season record he set a week ago.

-- Gave him 186 points, extending the single-season record he set in the first quarter. With a 15-yard TD run on San Diego's opening drive, Tomlinson broke Paul Hornung's 46-year-old NFL season record of 176, set with the Green Bay Packers in 1960. Hornung was a kicker as well as a halfback for Green Bay.

-- His 28 TDs rushing are the most ever in a season. He also has three TD catches. His totals don't count the two touchdown passes he's thrown.

-- Gave him eight straight multi-touchdown games, breaking the record he shared with John Riggins.

And to think, Chiefs defensive end Tamba Hali called the Chargers "a finesse team" eight weeks ago after Kansas City beat San Diego 30-27 at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chargers haven't lost since.

A.M.
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
got the play on my cell phone lol

fansince'76
12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
LT has 186 points on the year. the WHOLE raiders team has 154. thats gotta suck!

That's an amazing stat. What sucks even worse is the game we gift wrapped and gave to the Raiders is the one that probably keeps us out of the postseason. :banging:

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
heard today that paul hornung doesnt want to give up his record cause he did it in 12 games vs. LT's 14

sumo
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM

the guy is the best player in the NFL - no question - I know I will be routing for you guys in the playoffs (barring the Steelers make it somehow) - great quotes from the brilliant Sean Salisbury after the game last night "LT is the MVP this year and the rest of the league - 2nd place guys are all down here (motioning down with his hand) playing in second place on a secondary tier at a level below LT" - and then later "God has a number and it's 21.." - somebody needs to write news teletype for this guy...

Preacher
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Congratulations to LT... He seems like a good guy, the type of player you want fronting the NFL.

Depending on who the chargers play in the playoffs... I can definitely root for them (I kinda want Chicago to win, I like them for some reason, they remind me of Pittsburgh.)

boLT fan
12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
heard today that paul hornung doesnt want to give up his record cause he did it in 12 games vs. LT's 14

And LT also only plays one position, he wasn't the kicker.

What a dick.

fansince'76
12-19-2006, 03:12 PM

Don't think Hornung has a choice in the matter.

Preacher
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
In the morning gloom of a foggy shower, I had a thought about a great AFC championship game.

Chargers Vs. Steelers... Both RB's go for 400 + yards. We win in OT with a 85 yard run by willie...

Of course, it seems to me that if that came true, LT would be the first one to meet Willie in the endzone to congratulate him. And vice-versa.

I will tell you this, I like the fact that lately, the rise in good players and teams have been players and teams with class.