PDA

View Full Version : Peyton the #3 Playoff Choker in Sports

Steelers
12-10-2006, 06:49 PM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/01/15/PH2006011500701.jpg

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6230694?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8901)

Like father, like son, the Manning family is not one that wins championships. While father, Archie, was limited by a subpar group of teammates in New Orleans, Peyton has been surrounded with an embarrassment of riches. Manning has taken advantage of his surroundings, garnering two MVP awards (2003, 2004), averaging 3,632 passing yards and 30.5 touchdowns per season, while in 2006 he boasted the second best passer rating ever.

But his stats in the postseason paint a plain portrait. He's failed twice in critical playoff games versus New England, and, in 2005-06, when New England was finally out of the picture, Manning choked at home against the Steelers in the AFC championship game. If you subtract his stats against the Denver Broncos ? a team that Indianapolis perennially dominates ? Manning only has six TD's and seven interceptions against all other teams in the playoffs.

A postseason to forget: In 2004, Manning looked unstoppable in the regular season, tossing 49 touchdown passes to top Dan Marino's record of 48. But Manning appeared to be without his superpowers in the AFC championship game against the Patriots when he threw no touchdowns and one interception.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Anytime I see Peyton Manning and the Colts crash and burn I love it. I live and work among alot of Colts fans. Lets just say since Peyton Manning has been tearing up the regular season since 1998. They have got carried away with their love for Peyton. Alot think he is the best QB ever. My reply to the Colts fans Peyton isn't even the best Colts QB ever. Mr. Johnny Unitas is the best Colts QB and the best QB ever period.

fansince'76
12-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Mr. Johnny Unitas is the best Colts QB and the best QB ever period.

47 straight games with a TD pass in an era where DBs were allowed to mug WRs all over the field - a record that no other QB since has come close to matching. 'Nuff said.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 07:17 PM
47 straight games with a TD pass in an era where DBs were allowed to mug WRs all over the field - a record that no other QB since has come close to matching. 'Nuff said.

Exactly Johnny Unitas played in a era where defensive players could actually plays defense without getting a penalty.

Livinginthe past
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Alot of people will continue to point at a weak defense and say that is the source of Indy's woes.

Before this year they have been functional, and often do enough to stop teams racking up too many points on them.

What people should remember is the Peyton gets to look like he is carrying the team because the draft has been his own personal play-thing since he has been there.

They spend all the big money on a WR corps, then have none left over to stop teams putting up 300 yards on them on the ground.

Blame Dungy, Polian and Manning for this mess - the Colts are simply understaffed and under qualified on one side of the ball.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Nice post LITP and agree.

ibleedburgundy
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
No conversation about choking is complete without an iggles reference.

NV STEELERS 723
12-16-2006, 08:48 PM
my friend told me that Peyton didn't even win any HS championship games

klick81
12-17-2006, 02:48 AM
LOL...i can't stand his ass. I hope he goes without winning one.

Mosca
12-17-2006, 09:54 AM
The hard part about wanting Peyton to crash and burn is that it means Tony Dungy has to crash and burn, too. I'd let Peyton have one title, if it meant that Tony earned one too. He's a great guy and was a great Steeler the time he was with us. Even back then, in his first couple seasons, he was projected as a future NFL head coach.

Tom

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I think Peyton should be the biggest playoff choker. At least they used a good photo. LOL.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Well lets hope he wins this week!

hardwork
12-17-2006, 11:45 PM
My reply to the Colts fans Peyton isn't even the best Colts QB ever. Mr. Johnny Unitas is the best Colts QB and the best QB ever period.

Yes, Unitas is the best Colts QB ever. And further, lets remember, Manning isn't a Baltimore Colt, he's an Indianapolis Colt. It's the Baltimore Ravens who when they take the field, have as part of their honor guard, a flag with the number 19 on it.

klick81
12-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Well lets hope he wins this week!

Ugh...TRUE. Go Peyton! Hehe...

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Alot of people will continue to point at a weak defense and say that is the source of Indy's woes.

Before this year they have been functional, and often do enough to stop teams racking up too many points on them.

What people should remember is the Peyton gets to look like he is carrying the team because the draft has been his own personal play-thing since he has been there.

They spend all the big money on a WR corps, then have none left over to stop teams putting up 300 yards on them on the ground.

Blame Dungy, Polian and Manning for this mess - the Colts are simply understaffed and under qualified on one side of the ball.

NMwhat mess?

Elvis
02-05-2007, 06:59 AM
:tt02: Peyton can no longer be labeled a choker now... can he?:flap: :coffee: