PDA

View Full Version : Delhomme or Weinke?

sumo
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Who would you rather face? - I know the Panthers are in a funk right now - but I would rather face Delhomme than Weinke - the dude threw for 423 yards yesterday and I don't trust our Dbs - I think we stand a better chance against a battered Delhomme...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Who would you rather face? - I know the Panthers are in a funk right now - but I would rather face Delhomme than Weinke - the dude threw for 423 yards yesterday and I don't trust our Dbs - I think we stand a better chance against a battered Delhomme...

I still would rather face Weinke. Yea he threw for a ton of yards yesterday. But didn't he also throw 3 picks? So Weinke might be more prone to turn overs. But Delhomme has turned the ball over to this year. Hey get enough pressure on the QB and doesn't matter which one you face.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Probably Weinke, but it may not matter that much since on the road our secondary has made a lot of QBs look like the second coming of Steve Young/Dan Marino this season. Maybe the secondary steps up this weekend against Smith and Keyshawn, but I have my doubts.

A related and more important question for the Steelers future is which two CBs out of the trio of Townsend, McFadden and Taylor should start on Sunday. Since I assume Taylor is not going to be cut I would like to see him start again at some point this year so he does not carry baggage from being benched with him into the offseason. And since I think he will be starting next season I would like to see McFadden continue to start.

OneForTheToe
12-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, I think it's time to let Ike try and get his confidence back.

clevestinks
12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Weinke,

Haiku_Dirtt
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Weinke!??? :toofunny: If I didn't know any better (which I probably don't) I'd assume this is a trick question.

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Considering the sub-par performance of our secondary this year, either one could probably put up huge numbers. I think the key lies in blitzing-early and often.

ajs8207
12-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Weinke...He had 60 pass attempts, of course he was gonna get up there in yards.

Elvis
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
:tt02:
Delhome... If we are gonna beat them I just assume beat them at full strength hadnt you? I want their best not their second best...:helmet: :wave:

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Weinke has something like a 1-15 record when he starts for the Panthers.

As unpredictable as Delhomme can be, he is better than that.

NM

sumo
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM

NM

Dude - did I miss some incredible thread somewhere? - what's with your signature? - where does it come from and what is tonyhomo.com?

Stillers43
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Doesn't matter! We will beat either of them! GO STEELERS!

SteelerFanInCA
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Definitely Weinke. Delhomme is the better QB of the two. One can't expect Weinke to put those same numbers up every game.

MACH1
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey get enough pressure on the QB and doesn't matter which one you face.

Thats the key right there, getting pressure. We haven't been real consistent in that dept. all year. If we can get good pressure and rattle the qb I'd rather face Weinke , more prone to make mistakes than an old veteran.

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Dude - did I miss some incredible thread somewhere? - what's with your signature? - where does it come from and what is tonyhomo.com?

Hey sumo,

Tonyhomo.com is a fictitious blog written by 'Drew Bledsoe' - Tonyhomo is a his nickname for Romo.

Its pretty funny stuff.

http://www.tonyhomo.com/

NM

Infamix
12-11-2006, 04:58 PM

NM

That's a little more comforting.

sumo
12-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey sumo,

Tonyhomo.com is a fictitious blog written by 'Drew Bledsoe' - Tonyhomo is a his nickname for Romo.

Its pretty funny stuff.

NM

thanks for referring this - pretty funny site - I just showed it to a Cowboy fan I work with ..

Infamix
12-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey sumo,

Its pretty funny stuff.

NM

That is hilarious...reminds me of another fake blog written by the NFL player with the worst rating in the Madden 07.

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=3159&SectionID=2&LayoutType=1

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm not worried about Delhomme or Weinke, I'm more worried about our sorry OL stopping Julius Peppers.