PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Try Out Maddox

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
If I were a Cowboys fan I would find this news disturbing.

Dallas coach Bill Parcells is either trying to put some heat on Drew Bledsoe in an attempt to motivate his veteran backup or feels he needs another quarterback on the roster. The Cowboys last week auditioned journeyman Tommy Maddox, who has had a lot of workouts this season but wasn't in training camp with anyone this summer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week14

Be afraid, Dallas fans - be very afraid.

fansince'76
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM
What, Tommy's new golf "career" not panning out?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
You got to be kidding me. You might as well just keep Drew Bledsoe. They both blow but Maddox is done as an NFL QB.

In Cowher We Trust
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Maddox should go to the Cfl or something.

Steelers
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Parcells is senile. You don't ever consider Tammy!

Ambridge
12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Very interesting.

Kind of makes you wonder if Drew Bledsoe is a slowly rotting apple in the Cowboys barrel??
It must suck for Bledsoe losing his starting QB job twice now with no probable chance of getting it back.

klick81
12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Eek...that blows hard. I mean, i know Bledsoe sucks, but damn!

stlrtruck
12-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Obviously Parcells was sleeping when Tommy was in Pittsburgh handing away games like they were candy!

clevestinks
12-11-2006, 02:03 PM
He must be desperate.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
If I were a Cowboys fan I would find this news disturbing.

Dallas coach Bill Parcells is either trying to put some heat on Drew Bledsoe in an attempt to motivate his veteran backup or feels he needs another quarterback on the roster. The Cowboys last week auditioned journeyman Tommy Maddox, who has had a lot of workouts this season but wasn't in training camp with anyone this summer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week14

Be afraid, Dallas fans - be very afraid.

They left out the rest of the story. Bill Parcells is trying to buy life insurance. The writing is on his wall and the T.O. experiment is pushing Bill into an early grave.

Good riddens Cowboy fan. :wave:

polamalufan43
12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
He must be desperate.

Exactly. I mean, maybe Tommy has a 3rd stringer... but seriously.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Between Bledsoe and T.O. that team has some major head cases on the team - sort of like battling 2 life threatening diseases at the same time.

Elvis
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
:blah:
No matter what everyone is saying right now about Maddox... back the year that he done such a great job in the comeback kids days most all of us liked him... maybe ya'll wont admit to it.. but I bet ya did!!
At that time I liked Maddox and he was a great/good QB for a small stint even if it werent but one season.. he did a pretty good job... Give him his due people.. He would or is Not a bad backup to have in case something bad happens to your first 2 QB's... Good Luck Tommy Gunn....:wave:

Preacher
12-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Good for Maddox... Maybe he can threaten Dallas' chance for the playoffs like he did ours last year!

:dang:

Preacher
12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
No matter what everyone is saying right now about Maddox... back the year that he done such a great job in the comeback kids days most all of us liked him... maybe ya'll wont admit to it.. but I bet ya did!!
At that time I liked Maddox and he was a great/good QB for a small stint even if it werent but one season.. he did a pretty good job... Give him his due people.. He would or is Not a bad backup to have in case something bad happens to your first 2 QB's... Good Luck Tommy Gunn....:wave:

I am not sure I would even want Noodle gun as our third back up.

sumo
12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Typical Parcells - he's overrated - his choices at QB since he's been the HC at Dallas: Vinny Testaverde and Bledsoe - Romo is a Jerry Jones guy - so it doesn't surprise me at all..in fact the media will probably say - "Parcells is a genius - he sees something in Maddox that the rest of us don't .."

sumo
12-11-2006, 04:00 PM

I can say honestly that I never liked Maddox as our starting QB - even when we were throwing it all over the place - QBs from Bradshaw till now: 1. Ben -major huge gap- distant also rans- 2. Kordell-Brister (tie) 3. ODonnell 4. Batch 5. Malone 6. Maddox 7. Tomczak 8. other also rans like Blackledge, Strom, Woodley, etc

meanjoecoop
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Between Bledsoe and T.O. that team has some major head cases on the team - sort of like battling 2 life threatening diseases at the same time.

:toofunny: ...and dont forget about Vanderjagt!!!

SteelerFanInCA
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Wow, I didn't realize the cowboys lost that much faith in bledsoe. I thought Tommy was done for sure.

Stillers43
12-11-2006, 04:35 PM
He is done, no way they pick him up!