PDA

View Full Version : Let the Duckett Rumors Fly (again)

83-Steelers-43
12-11-2006, 02:50 PM
ESPN's John Clayton hints that T.J. Duckett may again become an option for the Steelers as they continue their search for a big running back.

Duckett, whom Pittsburgh showed interest in before the Redskins traded for him, is unlikely to be re-signed by Washington. Najeh Davenport is big in figure but doesn't run like it. John Kuhn is a sleeper to emerge as Pittsburgh's short-yardage and third-down back next season.

Source: ESPN Insider

Elvis
12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
:tt02: :thumbsup:
I hope for one.. that we dont go after him.
I hope that we just go into the draft and improve our O line and our secondary and let Kuhn have his chance at the big back spot in the offseason..:helmet: :wave:

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Anyone know why Duckett hasn't been given a look in at Washington?

Now that Portis is out, Ladell Betts has not only leapt over Duckett in the depth chart, but has also been given a long term contract.

Its a pretty sure thing he wont be in a Redskins outfit next year.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Anyone know why Duckett hasn't been given a look in at Washington?

Now that Portis is out, Ladell Betts has not only leapt over Duckett in the depth chart, but has also been given a long term contract.

Its a pretty sure thing he wont be in a Redskins outfit next year.

NM

That is an interesting question. With Clinton Portis out you would think Duckett would have gotten the ball more. I don't think Duckett will be back with Skins either next year.

83-Steelers-43
12-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I remember watching a Skins game earlier in the season and the guys in the booth were asking the exact same question.

tony hipchest
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM
ladell betts needs something like 63 ypg to get a 1000 yds for the season which explains why ducket has been glued to the bench.

Elvis
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
:yawn:
Gotta be some bad reason... of course Betts was with the Redskins for a while now and maybe he just knows the offense alot better than the out of shape bull runner out of Atlanta...:jawdrop: The falcons let him go to easy in my opinion they knew something... :wave:

83-Steelers-43
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
That's a nice chunk of change to have sitting on the bench. Were they expecting a ripped and chiseled Duckett before giving him that check?

Infamix
12-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Najeh is half and half. He's shown glimpses of brilliance but then he's shown an inability to run consistently.

MJ5150
12-11-2006, 03:16 PM
If Duckett can't get on the field in Atlanta or Washington, I sure don't want him here.

-Mike

Stillers43
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
STAY AWAY!!!!! He'll be the next Duce Staley (aka Terrible Towel Holder)!

SteelerFanInCA
12-11-2006, 04:21 PM
I think we will be fine with Davenport. Obviously there must be something to Duckett we are not hearing about.

BigDuke6
12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Caveat Emptor !!!

Blitzburgh
12-11-2006, 08:18 PM
If next years backfield looks something like:

Parker
Davenport
Kuhn
Kreider

and the 5th spot will be a battle between Haynes and a mid-round draft choice, we'll be in fine shape. :tt02:

I would like to see the Steelers draft another burner similar to Parker with a little more size in the event he gets injured.

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm more interested in get our OL fixed, and then some of our problems will be fixed. Kuhn coming up as the sleepr next year.

steeler614
02-25-2007, 09:22 AM
since Tomlin is looking at using a second back to compliment Willie he should take this guy, a free agent and the skins rarely use him. keep Davenport for backup and special teams, Haynes as backup for Willie, and Kuhn as backup for Kreider (he can play fullback, right?) since RB is likely the most injury prone position we would be well stocked if one of the starters went down. most of these guys would come cheap too.

SteelersTilIDie
02-25-2007, 09:51 AM
we should definitely pick him up...he would compliment willie really well

Stainless Steel
02-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd like to see him as the short yardage man. He's aged but still good.

lilyoder6
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
i don't know if we will pick him up espicially with the talent in the draft.. bush, hunt, leonard,

steeler614
02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
we would be stupid not to go for Duckett, he's experienced but not over the hill, he's 26, and we need a second back that can play. the draft we have more pressing needs-DE, LB, O-line, and possibly CB if Coke doesn't recover.

ChronoCross
02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
depends on what it would cost us to get him. if its to much no. go with the draft.

OneForTheToe
02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't see us keeping Haynes and Davenport if we picked up Duckett. The Steelers hopefully learned a lesson about overpaying a sweatsuit model. IF Duckett is available at a good price, that's fine. But I think we can handle the RB position with Willie, Haynes and/or Davenport and a rookie draft pick or rookie free agent.

yinzer-inseattle
02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Anyone know why Duckett was used so sparingly in Wash? You would think with Portis being out so long they would have used him more. He's shown as 3rd on the depth chart behind Betts and Cartwright.

fansince'76
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Anyone know why Duckett was used so sparingly in Wash?

Not really - I'm assuming it's simply due to Snyder's inability to run an NFL franchise. They didn't get much production out of ARE after making an insane offer to lure him away from us, either. I kinda feel sorry for Joe Gibbs with that little twerp calling the shots.

Fid
02-25-2007, 06:00 PM
The Steelers tried to latch Duckett last off season but didn't get it done. It would be in their best interest to go for the kill this time around. He would be an EXCELLENT compliment to Parker. Resulting in all of the pressure being taken off of Willie and Ben. The ball needs to be spread around.

I ranted all last off season about this. Please Steelers.......get a hold of Duckett.

NV STEELERS 723
02-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Duckett could be a sleeper, but I've always thought if a deal was too good to be true , then it probably is.....

lets go w/ the draft!

Stlrs4Life
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
depends on what it would cost us to get him. if its to much no. go with the draft.

That's my line of thinking, I keep Najeh, and cut Haynes, too injury prone.

SteelShooter
02-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Duckett could be a sleeper, but I've always thought if a deal was too good to be true , then it probably is.....

lets go w/ the draft!

This is what I am afraid of............................

Najeh really wasn't too bad as a return man either. He'll never break one for a TD, but he was able to bull his way a few extra yards each time. But I still feel as though we need a strong power back. Najeh just didn't impress me in that department this past year.

I guess I am still looking for that Bus clone. :wink02:

Raider_Nation00
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I think Duckett could be a pretty good COP back for you guys....

aussiesteelers
02-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Duckett can be a very good addition to us to compliment fast willie if we can get him cheap

IamTheSteelGod
02-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Deffo sign T.J now! We should have lat year.

HometownGal
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Thread merged with recent discussion on Duckett. Please guys - do a search before posting a new thread. Thanks!

Edman
02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
IMO, T.J got some bad breaks. Getting drafted by the Falcons, who are a West Coast O team with Kordell Stewart 2.0 at QB and being behind one of the most underrated backs in the league on the depth chart(Dunn). The other bad break came in Washington, where Dippy Boy Snyder couldn't manage to save his life. Remember, this was the same team that threw money bags at Adam Archuleta and Randle El to have them play highly limited roles(They had AA play Special Teams for petes sake!).

I'm all for giving Duckett a shot, if he comes cheap.