PDA

View Full Version : So long Folks!!

Ambridge
12-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Seeing how I haven't been on the board for almost a week it's just came to my attention that LITP is now a new board mod.

I consider LITP a very good poster and I'm sure he's a very good person as well but he's also a Patriots Fan who has been given authority to oversee on a Steelers Message Board.

That's entirely F'd-up IMO and I will no longer associate with Steelers Fever..............Now better known as Steelers-Patriots Fever.

This is nothing personal against LITP but I'd rather post at a Steelers board where Steeler fans come first.

Good-bye.

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Its a real shame you feel that way, and I mean that genuinely, as I also consider you a very good poster.

The 'authority' I hold is held in check by having two other Steeler fans as Mods, and I dont think I have done anything to warrant such suspicion.

All im doing is trying to keep the board in the best shape possible, so that everyone who wants to use it can do so.

Anyway, you are your own man and I respect your decision so i'll wish you good luck :cheers:

NM

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 07:26 PM
good riddance

Mosca
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Shrug. Folks is folks. The guy volunteered to serve. The offer was accepted. If he acts improperly he'll be demodded. It won't happen. Next.

Tom

X-Terminator
12-11-2006, 08:00 PM
The first of many...

boLT fan
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM
So what you're saying is a forum shouldn't be run by the responsible community members, the only criteria should be that they root for the same team as you?

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
LITP is as responsible as I and Hometown are. Especially since she is out of town I need another guy to help me out. LITP has been a good mod so far.

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
So what you're saying is a forum shouldn't be run by the responsible community members, the only criteria should be that they root for the same team as you?

Some people feel that way and I think its a shame, for sure.

NM

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
LITP is as responsible as I and Hometown are. Especially since she is out of town I need another guy to help me out. LITP has been a good mod so far.

Thanks, man.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks, man.

NM

Anytime

tony hipchest
12-11-2006, 08:40 PM
good riddancethats pretty crass.

since my thoughts have been often policed, i will say that its kind of screwed up to say one shouldnt say anything negative about a winning football team such as the patriots, yet fell free to say THAT about a fellow steelerfan who has been an excellent member of this board. i dont think ive ever seen ambridge disrespect you, let alone anyone else on this board.

anyways ambridge, youre the man, and the board will NOT be better off without your posts. :cheers:

Mosca
12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I figure that it isn't really important that STEELERS FANS stick together; it's important that AS AMERICANS we... oh wait......

:tt02:

Tom

Preacher
12-11-2006, 09:13 PM
I have continually said that I thought mods should be Steeler fans over other teams. I do feel kinda wierd having a pats fan as a moderator....

However, I have read his posts lately, and he seems to have made an especially strong effort to be respectful. In the end, the decision has been made. LITP is working hard to do the job right...

Now, if LITP was only here for 3 months and had 300 posts... I would say absolutely not. But he has been here a LONG time. So lets just enjoy our board and let LITP do his job that most of us didn't want anyway.

Livinginthe past
12-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I have continually said that I thought mods should be Steeler fans over other teams. I do feel kinda wierd having a pats fan as a moderator....

However, I have read his posts lately, and he seems to have made an especially strong effort to be respectful. In the end, the decision has been made. LITP is working hard to do the job right...

Now, if LITP was only here for 3 months and had 300 posts... I would say absolutely not. But he has been here a LONG time. So lets just enjoy our board and let LITP do his job that most of us didn't want anyway.

Thanks Preacher.

:cheers:

NM

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
thats pretty crass.

since my thoughts have been often policed, i will say that its kind of screwed up to say one shouldnt say anything negative about a winning football team such as the patriots, yet fell free to say THAT about a fellow steelerfan who has been an excellent member of this board. i dont think ive ever seen ambridge disrespect you, let alone anyone else on this board.

anyways ambridge, youre the man, and the board will NOT be better off without your posts. :cheers:

This coming from the king of crass.

If someone bases a board solely on the fact that a Mod roots for another team, then this board is better off withouth the narrow views. Ambridge has been an excellent member, but if something this petty bothers him that much, well, good riddance.

And like I said before, technique only Tony. Talk all the shit you want on playoff bound teams, if it takes the sting away. I personally will keep my ass out of the blast furnace, until the Steelers give me a reason to talk shit.

ShutDown24
12-11-2006, 10:38 PM
As long as he doesnt lock a topic, delete a post, or flame because of any biased I am okay with him as a mod... I think if there was a Steelers fan with as many posts as him and as responsible as him the Steelers fan should be picked first because this is a Steelers board. But as long as he doesnt miss use his powers, I have no problem with it. Good luck as mod LITP

tony hipchest
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
This coming from the king of crass.

.im sure youve made many statements in your life. i addressed one of them. no need to turn this into a personal issue like so many others before you have.

good posting with you ambridge :cheers: . the board will NOT be better off w/o your fandom.

floodcitygirl
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
As I said in a thread that apparently no longer exists, while I think it's a bit extraordinary to have a non Steeler fan as a mod here, SF has made the decision. LITP has been around a long time. Why prejudge it? He's got the shot, let's see what he does with it. It would be a shame and a loss to the board to lose more great posters like Ambridge before it's even had a chance to pan out. I wish you the best LITP. For sure, everybody's watching you! :privateeyes: :smile:

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
im sure youve made many statements in your life. i addressed one of them. no need to turn this into a personal issue like so many others before you have.

good posting with you ambridge :cheers: . the board will NOT be better off w/o your fandom.

:banging: ok tony....im done with this one.

SteelShooter
12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I will truly miss Ambridge's posts, I have always enjoyed them and I respect his decision.

On the other hand, I also fully support LITP. We've tossed banters back and forth, but I do support the work he has done and the fact that he can put his own team prejudices aside for the betterment of the board as a whole.

So what am I saying? ...not really sure. I guess I am straddling the fence, so to speak. But I do support both sides; one's decision as a man, anothers work for MY enjoyment.

Farewell Ambridge, you will be missed.
Rock on LITP, thanks for your efforts.

X-Terminator
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM

It doesn't matter if LITP is a good mod or not. He can be the greatest mod the internet has ever seen, and people will still disagree with him holding that position as a Pats fan on a Steelers board. I know it won't change my mind on the matter, though of course I have no say in the decision - it's not my board. We had a similar situation a few years ago on the board that HTG and I co-administrate where there was an opposing team's fan as a moderator - this was before I came on board as a mod/admin. Many people objected to it, including myself - even though most everyone liked this person - and the owner of the board eventually removed this person as a moderator. It's similar to a politician - he can do a great job in office, but there will still be people who disagree with him and don't want him/her in office. Nobody here has to like or agree with that sentiment, but that's just the way it is. And unfortunately, I believe that more members will leave - MattsMe and Ambridge are only the beginning.

Prosdo
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I say give LITP a chance. He knows the members and has been here for a long time. Knowing the members is a huge aspect of this job. He also knows who doesn't get along with who and history between members. That's another big one. If LITP gets out of line Mike will remove him and if he makes unfair bans they can be reversed. (Not saying he would do that) No harm in seeing how it goes.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2006, 11:40 PM
I will truly miss Ambridge's posts, I have always enjoyed them and I respect his decision.

On the other hand, I also fully support LITP. We've tossed banters back and forth, but I do support the work he has done and the fact that he can put his own team prejudices aside for the betterment of the board as a whole.

Farewell Ambridge, you will be missed.
Rock on LITP, thanks for your efforts.

Sorry to see ya go !!
LITP, first off this is not a personal attack! I don't believe anyone is questioning the quality of your posts. I believe most are wondering why not use a STEELER fan as mod when all things are equal. The number of posts doesn't make some one a good member or moderator, if that were the case SF would not be considered a good member because of his lack of posts over time.Just because someone has lots of posts doesn't mean they say anything important or relevant, see Hardwork lol. A good mod should be invisible,not controversial, because if that were the case then TH easily wins!!

The biggest sticking point ,IMHO, is that there are plenty of STEELER fans on this site that are qualified and should have been given the opportunity. Unfortunately there will probably be more members that follow the footsteps of Ambridge and that is bad. No appointment of a Mod will be universally accepted, that is a fact. No appointment of a Mod should cause loss of members though either...

Now I do have 1 question for you though: Why does a Patsy fan spend so much time on a Steeler site??

Livinginthe past
12-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks to all those who are giving me a chance.

I most people have had a their say on this subject now, so'ill just lock this thread up before it turns into something it shouldn't be.

Bleeder, i've already answered that question multiple times in this forum - you can imagine I dont want to regurgitate it all again - i'll happily PM you if you need further explanation.

NM