PDA

View Full Version : son receives browns jersey for birthday

vasteeler
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
i come from a long line of browns fans wich is why i am a steeler fan and have been for 30+ years my son just recently turned two and an uncle gave him a winslow jersey
i am at a loss i dont know what to do with it i thought of burning it but thought i would check with the forum for help thanks

WhoRide
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Have it exchanged for a Porter jersey. :toofunny:

SCSTILLER
12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
WhoRide, that is the perfect solution!:thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I dunno...burning it sounds feasible to me....j/k (sorta)

Steelers
12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I dunno...burning it sounds feasible to me....j/k (sorta)

Wouldn't that release noxious fumes into the air? :sign03:

MACH1
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Make a diaper out of it.:poop:

stlrtruck
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
I'd go with the exchange it for a Steelers Jersey...Joey, Troy, Ben, Willie, somebody, anybody but a clowns jersey

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2006, 02:32 PM
If he has the receipt go exchange it for a Steelers jersey.

I learned the hard way that burning a jersey can cause someone to get really pissed off at you.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I once received a Clowns sweatshirt as a gift from a friend of mine who is a Clowns fan. Whenever he comes over for the games I use it as a door mat, or place it in front of the toilet.

RichmondVA
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
i come from a long line of browns fans wich is why i am a steeler fan and have been for 30+ years

Priorities... Family first then everything else follows. You would be an A$$ if you burned it or exchanged it. Your son will make decisions for himself later in life... so get used to not being in control. Let him know the Steelers are the BEST, but let him make up his mind later.

Gotta know...Why did you select a different team than the one your family cheers for (and the one they hate the most to boot)? Did they burn a Steelers shirt when you were two?

wadester47
12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Wow, what a sick sick thing to do , for your son's sake You should burn it now, so he never gets confused on who to root for down the road.

go ahead and put a stop to this now-just say no!!!!!

go steelers!!!:tt02:

PisnNapalm
12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
First, I think I'd bleach the hell out of to sanitize it. Then I'd burn it. Though I do like the doormat idea alot. LOL!

MJ5150
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Priorities... Family first then everything else follows. You would be an A$$ if you burned it or exchanged it.

Yep. All the Steeler love is cool and all, but you can't go causing family problems over a jersey for a two year old child. Is the uncle who gave him the jersey your brother?

Let your boy wear the jersey. He'll decide for himself what team he likes when he gets older.

-Mike

tony hipchest
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
so its probably only a tiny size 2TT?

when its brown, flush it down :chuckle:

(exchange it)

SteelCityMan786
12-12-2006, 03:49 PM
SEND IT BACK SEND IT BACK.

slashsteel
12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Sell it before winslow gets hurt again. :)

j-dawg
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
i say, let him wear it.. just make sure he doesn't try to pop any wheelies on his big wheel!

Big D
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
i would use it as t.p. myself

slashsteel
12-12-2006, 04:03 PM
.......................... well if you whiped your AZZ with it D at least the colors would blend in. ;)

polamalufan43
12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, although I would normally say this is a family matter and you shouldn't do anything about it, I think you should exchange it for a Porter jersey. Either that or let him keep it and have him wear it when your family comes over.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

klick81
12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Exchange it. You're still keeping the gift. Besides, the uncle should know better than that (if he knows you're a Steeler fan).

Big D
12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
it was probably given as sarcasm. My best friend is the biggest raider fan in the world. I got his son a steeler bib, steeler one piece and little steeler socks.

Infamix
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Play the Morpheus. Blue pill red pill, Steelers jersey Shit stains on nylon

beSteelmyheart
12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
If you want to keep the peace, just put it away till he outgrows it! At his age, that won't take long-then give it away to the Salvation Army or something.
And if they visit alot & never see him wearing it, maybe that'll be a subtle hint not to throw money away on something like that in the future.

Stlrs4Life
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Burn or excghange it. I wouldn't allow that shit. They did this to spite you.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Just because they gave it to him doesn't mean he has to wear it!! I know when mykids were that age my wife or I picked out his wardrobe!!:tt02: :tt02:

SteelerCuse
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
DUDE.... all these people saying dont mess with the fam, are WRONG! Obviously the uncle did it to razz you. Therefore razz him back by either publicly burning the thing, or publicly desicrating it in some way. Then for his birthday (or his kids if applicable) get them some BLACK AND GOLD gear!!!!

NV STEELERS 723
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Say Thank You.... but it seems to me that it was done to piss you off,,,,, and it did... go exchange the jersey for credit, and ask your son when he is old enough what jersey he would like...We all hope he chooses our beloved STEELERS, and you do have the home field advantage... He'll listen to his Daddy! Just always make sure when you watch football, that your son is wearing a jersey the same color as you are....

And go tell those Browns family fans "Thank You"... " But my son roots with his Daddy" !

stlrtruck
12-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Look, having a 18 month daughter and a ratbird fan for a father, my father threatened to dress my daughter in that puke purple. However, I told my father from the beginning that he may get my daughter in some sort of ratbird gear but as soon as I got her back, I would take the garment off and properly dispose of it.
Maybe he was trying to get you razzed up but you've got to protect the little ones when no one else will.
Take it back, exchange it, or burn it. But you've got to let the family know that clowns gifts are not acceptable for the little one!

floodcitygirl
12-13-2006, 09:26 AM
:grin: Personally, I would write a REALLY gracious thank you note expressing your gratitude for his thoughtfulness toward your son. I'd add that he shouldn't be concerned about the obvious screwup that the store made in wrapping the wrong gift. And, that you've rectified it by exchanging it for the proper Steeler fan gear for him....so as to save him the trouble. I'd add that you were certain that he would want you to raise your son in accordance with your high standards. I'd close with another thanks. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2006, 09:38 AM
i come from a long line of browns fans wich is why i am a steeler fan and have been for 30+ years my son just recently turned two and an uncle gave him a winslow jersey
i am at a loss i dont know what to do with it i thought of burning it but thought i would check with the forum for help thanks

(I agree that someone was trying to piss you off..so here is how to turn the table and piss THEM off instead!!) Dont ACTUALLy do it...but tell the family that it is your sons "time-out" shirt...when he is bad he has to go to his room and wear the Winslow jersey!!
hehehe

stlrtruck
12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
:grin: Personally, I would write a REALLY gracious thank you note expressing your gratitude for his thoughtfulness toward your son. I'd add that he shouldn't be concerned about the obvious screwup that the store made in wrapping the wrong gift. And, that you've rectified it by exchanging it for the proper Steeler fan gear for him....so as to save him the trouble. I'd add that you were certain that he would want you to raise your son in accordance with your high standards. I'd close with another thanks. :wink02:

Classic!!
I'll have to remember this if my father ever tries to sneak in some puke purple!

klick81
12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
(I agree that someone was trying to piss you off..so here is how to turn the table and piss THEM off instead!!) Dont ACTUALLy do it...but tell the family that it is your sons "time-out" shirt...when he is bad he has to go to his room and wear the Winslow jersey!!
hehehe

LOL! That's funny...

floodcitygirl
12-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Classic!!
I'll have to remember this if my father ever tries to sneak in some puke purple!Ive learned that when it comes to dealing with family that you can't win over, (for whatever reason), sometimes "killing with kindness" can be very effective. :chuckle:

memphissteelergirl
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

fcg, ya got style girl! :wink02:

floodcitygirl
12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
fcg, ya got style girl! :wink02:Either that...or I'm really rotten...guess it depends on who ya talk to! LOL

But thanks Memphis. I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. :smile:

Stillers43
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Burn it, trade it, use it as toilet paper or doormat, but DO NOT LET HIM WEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Burn it, trade it, use it as toilet paper or doormat, but DO NOT LET HIM WEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!only problem with using a brown jersey for toilet paper- how do you know when youve got all the ca-ca removed from your booty? :sofunny:

Big D
12-13-2006, 04:41 PM
only problem with using a brown jersey for toilet paper- how do you know when youve got all the ca-ca removed from your booty? :sofunny:

was it every specified whether it was a home or away jersey?

Stillers43
12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
good point!

polamalufan43
12-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Lol... I need to remember these tips incase one of my un-steeler friends tries to pull something like this. Knowing them.... it'll most likely be a colts jersey.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

vasteeler
12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=RichmondVA;188720]Priorities... Family first then everything else follows. You would be an A$$ if you burned it or exchanged it. Your son will make decisions for himself later in life... so get used to not being in control. Let him know the Steelers are the BEST, but let him make up his mind later.

Gotta know...Why did you select a different team than the one your family cheers for (and the one they hate the most to boot)? Did they burn a Steelers shirt when you were two

i became a steeler fan early 70s reason being i thaught any thing that could piss my old man off as much as the steelers did i had to pull for it was all in fun we used to have a lot of fun watching games together although at family reunions i would get the stares and dad would get yelled at by his dad it was great where in richmond are you from im in the midlothian/courthouse rd area

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Your son will make decisions for himself later in life... so get used to not being in control....

Get used to not being control of your 2 year old!!!????:tap:

SteelersWoman
12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
I'd say "Wow, thanks for remembering [insert name here] birthday and the gift, but you must've forgotten that we root for the Steelers here--it's no problem though, I just exchanged it for a [insert name here] jersey to save you the bother" :smile: