PDA

View Full Version : Unmatched Speed

sumo
12-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Have you ever seen anything like Hester and Berrian when it comes to pure "game speed"

On the quick post route he ran for a TD - Berrian was moving as fast as I have ever seen a receiver move in this league - and of course there was little mention of his speed by the stellar broacasting team - instead they talked about the missed assignments by the Rams and the "great" game Grossman was having...

Later on the kick returns - I know they discussed the comparisons/connections between Deion and Hester - but this guy flat out moves - you have kick returners with fair speed and lots of smarts/moves ie Dante Hall - but Hester is pure speed - IMHO, the Bears have the two fastest guys (again were talking game speed - I don't want to argue 40 times with anybody) in the league..

fansince'76
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Have you ever seen anything like Hester and Berrian when it comes to pure "game speed"

Sure - to this day, the two fastest guys I've ever seen on the gridiron were Darrell Green and Deion Sanders (even if he was the biggest wuss in NFL history).

Infamix
12-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Sure - Darrell Green and Deion Sanders (even if he was the biggest wuss in NFL history).

Sanders = FAST. Also, when I saw Reggie Bush move against the Cowboys, he looked really fast

fansince'76
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Sanders = FAST. Also, when I saw Reggie Bush move against the Cowboys, he looked really fast

I also remember Darrell Green winning the NFL's "Fastest Man" competition 10 or 12 years straight - that guy could haul.

Infamix
12-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I remember Darrell Green winning the NFL's "Fastest Man" competition 10 or 12 years straight - that guy could haul.

yeah man even at the end of his career he was a gazelle. And for his size, LT can move too! (I see you boLT fan)

boLT fan
12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I remember Darrell Green winning the NFL's "Fastest Man" competition 10 or 12 years straight - that guy could haul.

He almost won it LAST YEAR too. :sofunny:

Infamix
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
He almost won it LAST YEAR too. :sofunny:

I remember that...who won? It was Hall right?

fansince'76
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry guys, I was mistaken - I looked it up and Green actually won that title 4 times, but it seemed to me like he won it ALOT more times than that.

Infamix
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry guys, I was mistaken - I looked it up and Green actually won that title 4 times, but it seemed to me like he won it ALOT more times than that.

The fact remains unchanged that he ran like a damn cheetah

sumo
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Sure - to this day, the two fastest guys I've ever seen on the gridiron were Darrell Green and Deion Sanders (even if he was the biggest wuss in NFL history).

Good point - what about in the league today? again not 40 times but game speed

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I agree with Darrell Green..I will throw another name at you...Rae Carruth...Those two were some of the few players that I remember watching and thinking..."You have got to be kidding me!!!! (Of course the final chapter in those two players stories read dramatically different)

In todays game..Hester is impressive...also Jerome Mathis with Houston, although you dont see him play much, watch him on returns... when he takes off he is GOOOONE

sumo
12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree with Darrell Green..I will throw another name at you...Rae Carruth...Those two were some of the few players that I remember watching and thinking..."You have got to be kidding me!!!! (Of course the final chapter in those two players stories read dramatically different)

In todays game..Hester is impressive...also Jerome Mathis with Houston, although you dont see him play much, watch him on returns... when he takes off he is GOOOONE

Isn't Rae the guy that killed his girlfriend and hid in a trash can?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Isn't Rae the guy that killed his girlfriend and hid in a trash can?

yea...blocked her car so she couldnt go anywhere..and his hired thugs shot her and killed her...she lived long enough to tell authorities that Rae was involved

sumo
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
yea...blocked her car so she couldnt go anywhere..and his hired thugs shot her and killed her...she lived long enough to tell authorities that Rae was involved

classy guy....it always amazes me - I never had enough talent to make it past the Junior College level of competition -- you have so many guys like this with so much talent - put in positions where they can do a lot of good and they piss it all away ...for what? - usually a few extra bucks is all..

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
classy guy....it always amazes me - I never had enough talent to make it past the Junior College level of competition -- you have so many guys like this with so much talent - put in positions where they can do a lot of good and they piss it all away ...for what? - usually a few extra bucks is all..

this guy was clocked at 4.19!!!!....never had problems in college...but once he got "the money"...he ironically started having financial problems!!!...didnt want to pay child support so had his girlfriend killed....How does this guy not get the chair... while being hanged...while getting a lethal injection...and facing a firing squad?

tony hipchest
12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
this guy was clocked at 4.19!!!!....never had problems in college...but once he got "the money"...he ironically started having financial problems!!!...didnt want to pay child support so had his girlfriend killed....How does this guy not get the chair... while being hanged...while getting a lethal injection...and facing a firing squad?i think he only got 17 years so he should be out in about 10.

i bet the bungles give him a look.

sumo
12-13-2006, 03:18 PM
i think he only got 17 years so he should be out in about 10.

Geez! - are you serious?! - 10 years for murdering a pregnant woman???!!! - I hope you're wrong about that....

ibleedburgundy
12-13-2006, 03:24 PM
I also remember Darrell Green winning the NFL's "Fastest Man" competition 10 or 12 years straight - that guy could haul.

Yes he could, and he still can. DG was still torching the young guys into his 40s.

tony hipchest
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Geez! - are you serious?! - 10 years for murdering a pregnant woman???!!! - I hope you're wrong about that....i think hes alrady done around 5-7.

Former NFL player Rae Carruth was sentenced in Charlotte, NC, to more than 18 years in prison for his role in the 1999 shooting death of his pregnant girlfriend Cherica Adams (JET, Jan. 15).

The 27-year-old former Carolina Panthers receiver was found guilty of three counts, but not guilty of first-degree murder. Carruth was spared the death penalty.

The jury, which delivered a verdict after it was deadlocked for a day and then 20 hours of deliberation, convicted Carruth of conspiracy to commit murder, discharging a firearm into occupied property and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child.

Superior Court Judge Charles Lamm sentenced Carruth to serve a minimum of 18 years, 11 months in prison and a maximum of 24 years, four months. He will get credit for the roughly 14 months he spent behind bars awaiting trial.

Defense attorney David Rudolf immediately filed notice of appeal.

i think this was in 2001. he had already spent a year in jail awaiting trial. if hes getting time and a half or "good time" he could be out in the next few years.

its pretty crappy

sumo
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
i think hes alrady done around 5-7.

i think this was in 2001. he had already spent a year in jail awaiting trial. if hes getting time and a half or "good time" he could be out in the next few years.

its pretty crappy

Justice in action...

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 08:05 AM
i think he only got 17 years so he should be out in about 10.

You gotta think that "Minimizing" Marvin and he are prison pen pals!!!