PDA

View Full Version : Urlacher wants to restructure contract...

tony hipchest
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
...to keep lance briggs. it sounded to me like he was offering to take a paycut. you dont see that type of move made for the team too often and im wondering if he will wind up feeling burnt like tom brady. they are in the prime years of their career, where you often hear the catchphrase "window of opportunity closing." (see peyton manning) if hes actually taking a paycut and not just pushing money into the future is this a good move or bad?

Big D
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
...to keep lance briggs. it sounded to me like he was offering to take a paycut. you dont see that type of move made for the team too often and im wondering if he will wind up feeling burnt like tom brady. they are in the prime years of their career, where you often hear the catchphrase "window of opportunity closing." (see peyton manning) if hes actually taking a paycut and not just pushing money into the future is this a good move or bad?

I think its a great move as long as the bears dont pull a bob craft.

slashsteel
12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Any time a D works together to keep players it usually is a positive. As long as you arn't overpaying for one player, which of course usually comes back to haunt you if not structured right.