PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a JINX?

Haiku_Dirtt
12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Let's end all speculation about a wide receiver in the first round...AGAIN. It's a jinx.

The Cowher-era first round picks spent on a wide receiver were followed by bleek seasons.

Forget about the specific personnel because I'm not trying to put this on Santonio - or Edwards or Burress. It's about philosophy and commitment. Before the draft - and to this day - we are ONE injury away from having no running game with Bettis gone and Duce an obvious liability (and finally gone).

The Steelers with no running game? :jawdrop: What has changed? Luckily no injury. And add insult to injury. Rookie running backs are having success seemingly everywhere. Granted. I thought Maurice Drew (pardon, Jones-Drew) and Addai would have little chance in the NFL.

Food for thought.

stlrtruck
12-13-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree, they need to not only solidfy the RB position but they also need to fix the OL and.

But I also think that some of our backup RBs can have break out careers. They just need an opportunity like Willie got last year!

BigDuke6
12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Agreed !! Run the rock !!! Didnt we learn anything from Mularkey's mularkey ???

PisnNapalm
12-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I disagree that we are 1 injury away from having no running game. I for one, would love to see Kuhn get into the game and run the ball. When I saw him run in preseason I had memories of John Riggins.

tony hipchest
12-13-2006, 03:52 PM
I disagree that we are 1 injury away from having no running game. I for one, would love to see Kuhn get into the game and run the ball. When I saw him run in preseason I had memories of John Riggins. but he was playing mainly against 3rd and 4th stringers who are no longer in the nfl.

Dook
12-13-2006, 06:45 PM
It's tough to pass up the best player available and reach way down for someone you might be able to get in the next round.

In the first if RB Lynch falls then I say we take him, maybe even trade up to get him, but I don't see him falling to us at around 15.

If WR Jarrett falls to us I think we have to seriously consider taking him. If he's equal to Santonio Holmes then we can cut Wilson and by this time next year Dwayne Jarret should be competing with Nate Washington as our #3 WR.

Plus drafting RB Bush in the 2nd or RB Tony Hunt in the 3rd aren't necessarily bad options either.