PDA

View Full Version : Ward and Clark "probable" for Steelers on Sunday

83-Steelers-43
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Ward and Clark "probable" for Steelers on Sunday
Wednesday, December 13, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today upgraded wide receiver Hines Ward and free safety Ryan Clark to probable for Sunday's game in Carolina after they went through a full practice.

Ward and Clark were first listed as questionable by coach Bill Cowher on Monday. Ward missed the past two games after knee surgery. Clark missed last Thursday's game against Cleveland.

Both should start Sunday in Carolina.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06347/745835-100.stm

SCSTILLER
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Glad to see Ward is "probable" to start. Don't know how I feel about Clark starting, he has been pretty decent so far this year, but I would still love to see Anthony Smith in there, he was really impressive and I loved the way he was throwing his body around against the Brownies. Understand that with a rookie back there, S.Smith and company are going to attack him. But hey, lets be realistic, it is going to take a flippin miracle and then some for us to make the playoffs, so why not let A. Smith start. Let him get the game experience and get better and more confident.

tony hipchest
12-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Glad to see Ward is "probable" to start. Don't know how I feel about Clark starting, he has been pretty decent so far this year, but I would still love to see Anthony Smith in there, he was really impressive and I loved the way he was throwing his body around against the Brownies. Understand that with a rookie back there, S.Smith and company are going to attack him. But hey, lets be realistic, it is going to take a flippin miracle and then some for us to make the playoffs, so why not let A. Smith start. Let him get the game experience and get better and more confident. i think the steelers have already made their mind up that smith will be the starter next season. they are bringing him along just like they did with polamalu. might as well get the most out of clark as possible.

if clark is riding the bench next season, i think he has proven himself to be tradeworthy, and who knows? they may have to spend his million or so salary elsewhere. (i hope he stays)

Fire Haley
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
This could be good or bad....depending how you look at it...

Panthers | Delhomme misses practice, may not play
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:09:51 -0800

Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme (thumb) did not practice again Thursday, Dec. 14, and remains questionable for Week 15. Head coach John Fox said Delhomme may try to test his injured thumb during practice Friday, Dec. 15, but it appears he may miss his second straight game.