PDA

View Full Version : Wilson...

A.M.
12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Wilson...yeah we ok here are my thought...do you think that he is really worth keeping around anymore? He hasn't really contributed to the team, and when he actually gets his chance to shine he gets injured. Nate Washington and Holmes recently have been playing GREAT football. Do you think that come June we will let him go?

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes

Stlrs4Life
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Form money reasons yes maybe, but unless we get somebody else also, you gotta have depth.

83-Steelers-43
12-13-2006, 11:01 PM
For depth purposes? Maybe....depending on this draft and how others look in camp. I don't think there's any doubt Holmes took his job this season. Personally, I was turned off by the guy after he bitched about not getting the ball enough last season and then turning around and dropping balls left and right during the regular season. He made up for it in the playoffs and hasn't done shit since.

A.M.
12-13-2006, 11:02 PM
For depth purposes? Maybe....depending on this draft and how others look in camp. I don't think there's any doubt Holmes took his job this season. Personally, I was turned off by the guy after he bitched about not getting the ball enough last season and then turning around dropping balls during the regular season. He made up for it in the playoffs and hasn't done shit since.

But look at how Nate Washington is doing, I think that is going to be a battle for 2nd receiver. But in the long run Holmes might take the spot.

83-Steelers-43
12-13-2006, 11:04 PM
But look at how Nate Washington is doing, I think that is going to be a battle for 2nd receiver. But in the long run Holmes might take the spot.

Which Nate though? The one who showed up last game or the one we have seen all season long? You know, the inconsistent one. Santonio has been doing it for the majority of the season. Nate has not.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Washington's inconsistency is why I would like to see him get major playing time in the last three games in an attempt to see if he should be counted on as a #3 receiver behind Holmes and Ward.

I think Reid will be brought back and do not believe the WR unit has been so solid that the Steelers will not make some change in 2007.

BringthePressure20
12-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Wilson's garbage...GET RID OF HIM I HATE HIM!!!!

ChronoCross
12-14-2006, 02:40 AM
When we first brought Wilson in I thought they may use him in Special Teams more. He was great on PR and KR on the 49ers. His performance as a starting WR for us has been show up here then not show up there. Crys to much on the field, I am surprise the refs have not thrown him out of a game yet. People say save money. Not much money to save there actually. I personally would like to see more of Nate and Young in there and screw wilson sit him for for the rest of the season. I want to see how well Young does in the NFL stage. Some have mixed feelings about the WR core do to all the drops and inconsistency but hey its been a down year forsure. Wilson has been up and down even when we had are SB run. And someone said Morgan in another post heck no. Morgan is a waste of a spot and only good for STs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Bottom Line ...When your 5'10, your not going to win many jump balls....and Wilson hasnt shown he can seperate.

Time to say:wave:

Infamix
12-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah he will be gone

ajs8207
12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Hes being paid too much to be our 4th WR next year.

nicesteel4life
12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Wilson thanks for the few catches, have a great time somewhere else...WAAAHHHH

BigDuke6
12-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Wilson...yeah we ok here are my thought...do you think that he is really worth keeping around anymore? He hasn't really contributed to the team, and when he actually gets his chance to shine he gets injured. Nate Washington and Holmes recently have been playing GREAT football. Do you think that come June we will let him go?

He's gone.

Dynasty
12-14-2006, 03:54 PM
if he stays, he doesn't deserve to.

Dook
12-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Worth keeping? Yes considering his contract isn't much.

No he hasn't contributed as much as I would like and he has had plenty of opportunities to shine and has not stepped up his play.

I would love to replace him but with who? Ward and Holmes will be our #1 and #2 next year with Washington being our #3 so that means that Wilson is our #4. Hopefully Reid will be our #5 and move up to take over Wilson's spot but that means that we have one more year with Cedric on the roster.

It's possible that we might take a WR in the draft, Dwayne Jarrett if he drops to us or more likely Bowe in the 3rd. One of them very well could be our #5 and push Cedric off the depth chart completely next camp.

warddj86
12-14-2006, 06:07 PM
keep wilson add calvin johnson, and you will have a better recieveing core than the super bowl steelers, besides, its not wilson's fault that the steelers went 6-7, it was the whole team's.

Dook
12-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Add Calvin Johnson? Uh, and just how do we do that?

It's not Cedric's fault we went 6-7? Why isn't it? Didn't he play this year? I think he did. The fault lies with every player and coach.

Cedric Wilson has consistantly put up poor numbers. He's a veteran who doesn't get open.

Last year with Wilson as our #3 WR he caught 26 passes. That's 1.6 a game.

This year as our #2 WR he caught 32 so far and he was out last game. That's 2.4 catch's a game and we are passing more this year. He's not getting it done. He's a poor example for our two WR rookies who have as many catch's and they haven't been playing as much.

He may be a Steeler for one more year in a reduced role (Maybe he can borrow Staley's sweats?) but he's gone after that.

tony hipchest
12-14-2006, 07:25 PM
He may be a Steeler for one more year in a reduced role (Maybe he can borrow Staley's sweats?) but he's gone after that.for $2 mil/ yr he better not be here for a reduced role, unless hes taking a d. staley sized paycut.

NV STEELERS 723
12-14-2006, 09:03 PM

Yes.

RunWillieRun
12-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Looked to me like he performed pretty well on that fake reverse pass today...

I'm not sure, but I think that was the only play Wilson was on the feild for in the Carolina game. I very well could be wrong (he might have played 4th reciever at some point), but he certianly didn't do anything else. Maybe because of his injury or poor performce compared to Holmes and Washington?

klick81
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I liked that play tho :smile:

SteelersWoman
12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
I liked that play tho :smile:

Me too klick! :cheer: