PDA

View Full Version : Going to Another Team?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 08:01 AM
It is about that time of year were one can specualte about who is going to end up with a different team next year. Its early but also obvious that some players will be allowed to move on.
What player do you think will be with a different team next year? I'll start with one that I have been considering for a couple of weeks

Byron Leftwich-Detroit Lions ......That would make so much sense to me...If Detroit uses another #1 draft pick on offensive skill position...the fans may mutiny. And that leaves them their pick for a blue chip Offensive lineman (by trading down) or a stud on defense.

Livinginthe past
12-14-2006, 08:12 AM
I think Detriot needs to get a little more mobile at QB than Byron Leftwich - with that O-line a statue like him would get killed.

Even with draft picks on the O-Line I doubt they could give the guy the time he needs.

I wonder of a team like KC wouldn't take a look at him though - they have the running game in place and a good reputation for O-Line play.

I have no idea where Minny is going with their QB situation - unles they are willing to concede some losses in order to get a very raw Tavaris Jackson the playing time he needs.

Brad Johnson is a dead man walking in that team, he is used to be consistent - now he is consistently bad - he may make veteran back-up in Minny or another team.

I dont think many teams, if any, will be interested in giving Plummer a shot at starting QB.

NM

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Leftwich will go to a team that does not win the Brady Quinn sweepstakes, a contest in which the Lions are still in the running.

Of course since the Raiders, who I think have the inside track for the #1 pick, passed on Matt Leinart last year they probably will draft a guard instead of Quinn.

As for other players leaving, I think Ravens LB Adalius Thomas is in the last year of his contract and the Ravens probably cannot afford his price after the year he has had.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I think Detriot needs to get a little more mobile at QB than Byron Leftwich - with that O-line a statue like him would get killed.

Even with draft picks on the O-Line I doubt they could give the guy the time he needs.

I wonder of a team like KC wouldn't take a look at him though - they have the running game in place and a good reputation for O-Line play.

I have no idea where Minny is going with their QB situation - unles they are willing to concede some losses in order to get a very raw Tavaris Jackson the playing time he needs.

Brad Johnson is a dead man walking in that team, he is used to be consistent - now he is consistently bad - he may make veteran back-up in Minny or another team.

I dont think many teams, if any, will be interested in giving Plummer a shot at starting QB.

NM

I love the KC scenerio...I just think that of all teams to make a play for a starting QB that doesnt fit their system...Detroit stands head and shoulders above the rest. With their hands tied as to drafting a QB...one of the QB's from the land of misfit toys will land there.

Tankus_Maximus
12-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I see Plummer going to the Raiders.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Cedric & Ricardo to....well....anyone else.

sumo
12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I see Terrell Owens wearing out his welcome for the 2nd time in 2 years - he will leave Dallas and probably end up in either Oakland or Baltimore

Vanderjagt (Finkel) will resurface -- probably with the Dolphins or Patriots

Jake Plummer will end up in either Oakland, Houston, or Minnesota - Carr will go to the Lions

Randy Moss will be traded for draft picks to Tampa Bay or Cleveland

Jerry Porter will be end up in Philly

And all of this is "off the top of my head" impressions...

Livinginthe past
12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
I see Terrell Owens wearing out his welcome for the 2nd time in 2 years - he will leave Dallas and probably end up in either Oakland or Baltimore

Thats a strong possibility - I was reading a while back that Parcells political power in the Dallas set-up will be strongly dependent on this years performance.
If they can get to the Championship game, as a mimimum, it may well be enough for him to get Owens off the roster.

I dont think he will be coming to the Patriots - Gostkowski has kicked increasingly well over the season - he is now 13/17 and hit his first 50+ yarder a couple of weeks back

Jake Plummer will end up in either Oakland, Houston, or Minnesota - Carr will go to the Lions

Carr to the Lions is an interesting scenario - out of the melting pot and into the fire really.
Plummer is a real Wild Card - im sure some teams GM likes him, im just not sure who.

Both those franchises are looking for a big step up next year. I would imagine both Crennel and Gruden are feeling the heat after this years performances.

You dont think they've been bitten by the prima donna WR bug once too many times already?

NM

sumo
12-14-2006, 03:50 PM
LITP - IMHO, Porter is not really a prima donna - I think after sitting, he will be anxious (not to mention hungry for cash) to go out and prove how good he is - he's a big receiver with excellent speed and good hands - IMO, he's one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL - I heard Clayton from ESPN mention early in the year when he started having his problems with Shell - that he was pleading for the John Gruden offense....not much different from the Andy Reid offense - I think he will end up with one of those two coaches - most likely Reid..

Livinginthe past
12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
LITP - IMHO, Porter is not really a prima donna - I think after sitting, he will be anxious (not to mention hungry for cash) to go out and prove how good he is - he's a big receiver with excellent speed and good hands - IMO, he's one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL - I heard Clayton from ESPN mention early in the year when he started having his problems with Shell - that he was pleading for the John Gruden offense....not much different from the Andy Reid offense - I think he will end up with one of those two coaches - most likely Reid..

Porter definitely has all the tangibles you look for in a WR.

I guess Porter and Walter dont have the kind of political kudos that Moss has to be allowed to make critcisms of the coaching.

NM

boLT fan
12-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Plummer to the Texans makes the most since.

A Plummer and Kubiak reuinion.

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2006, 07:14 PM
leftwich to green bay......:hunch:

polamalufan43
12-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, I'd laugh if T.O. left.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

NV STEELERS 723
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Peezy to DA RAIDERS!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Peezy to DA RAIDERS!

hmmm...they get our Porter and we get theirs..??? How would we like that?

Big D
12-15-2006, 03:06 PM
hmmm...they get our Porter and we get theirs..??? How would we like that?

that would be pretty gay. I would hate that

Big D
12-15-2006, 03:23 PM
as for t.o. I think if this cowgirl marriage ends at the end of the year it will be damn near impossible for him to get another look. And I was reading from another poster that the ravens might be a possibility. Think again. I dont see the ravens even taking a glance at t.o. after he burned them a few years ago

polamalufan43
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Peezy to DA RAIDERS!

Are you kidding me? I'd crap if that happened.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Peezy to the Raiders...I think he'll follow the money but I also think he's smart enough to go somewhere where he has a chance at getting another ring.

I can see him in Carolina

Big D
12-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Peezy to the Raiders...I think he'll follow the money but I also think he's smart enough to go somewhere where he has a chance at getting another ring.

Safe to say he coudlnt find another ring with te jokeland faiders. I have a feeling he will stay. I really cant see him in any other uniform

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I see Plummer going to the Raiders.

I hope you don't see real well! :sofunny:

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:34 PM

And all of this is "off the top of my head" impressions...

Why would we be willing to take this loser when we already have one primadona slacker on this team? What good is a star reciever to a team that has no way of getting him the ball?

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:39 PM

Hungary for cash? We just paid the overhyped baby something like $10 million in a signing bonus at the beginning of the season.

Whoever wants him is welcome to him... I hope the door hits him in the ass on the way out... whining, overpayed little bitch!

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Livinginthe past;189246]Porter definitely has all the tangibles you look for in a WR.

Yeah... like whining, bitching, moaning and generally being all about his needs and wants, and his team be damned!

He has never had a 1000 yd. season, but he feels he should be paid top 5 money.

Is he talented?... yes. Can he produce for someone else?... maybe, but that remains to be seen.

I, and hopefully the Raiders, have had enough of his childish, selfish ways... l hope the little bitch is gone after this season!

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Peezy to DA RAIDERS!

I would welcome that in a heartbeat!

silver & black
12-17-2006, 12:50 PM

As much as I would love to have him, you're right... he has no shot at another ring with the Raiders... not for a long while, I'm afraid.

sumo
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Hungary for cash? We just paid the overhyped baby something like $10 million in a signing bonus at the beginning of the season.

Whoever wants him is welcome to him... I hope the door hits him in the ass on the way out... whining, overpayed little bitch!

I thought that didn't go thru -in fact I thought the main reason they made him sit - was so they would not have to pay him his bonus --- he got the 10 mill and they're still sitting him????!!! - woah - never mind - my bad...I thought his contract was in the middle of the whole controversy -

RunWillieRun
12-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Jake Plummer will end up in either Oakland, Houston, or Minnesota

I could definetly see Plummer going to Houston, especially since Kubiak is the coach down there now. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Stillers43
12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Turner from SD will go somewhere!

silver & black
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
I thought that didn't go thru -in fact I thought the main reason they made him sit - was so they would not have to pay him his bonus --- he got the 10 mill and they're still sitting him????!!! - woah - never mind - my bad...I thought his contract was in the middle of the whole controversy -

No, he got his money... then pulled his shit. He can kiss my ass! ANYONE is welcome to him! He is no longer welcome in Raider Nation!

silver & black
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Jerry Porter is a worthless, whining jerk who gives off the impression that he just barely cares about his team. I can see either him or Randy Moss ending up in Dallas next year, since that team always seems to have a need for an overpriced loudmouth receiver who cares more about individual stats and showing people up than playing the game.

They can have both of the little babies as far as I'm concerned! Neither one of them is worth a pint of piss!

I have zero respect for anyone who gets paid the kind of money they do to give half assed efforts on the field. They both need to grow up and realize that they are owed nothing, and that getting paid millions to play a game is a privilege, not a right. F**k 'em both!!!

Preacher
12-18-2006, 08:46 PM
They can have both of the little babies as far as I'm concerned! Neither one of them is worth a pint of piss!

I have zero respect for anyone who gets paid the kind of money they do to give half assed efforts on the field. They both need to grow up and realize that they are owed nothing, and that getting paid millions to play a game is a privilege, not a right. F**k 'em both!!!

See, that is the problem. You are a classy person... and expects class and old fashioned ethic from your team.

But you root for the Raiders!

silver & black
12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
See, that is the problem. You are a classy person... and expects class and old fashioned ethic from your team.

But you root for the Raiders!

I can't help it... we all have our short comings. :sofunny:

I've been rooting for the Raiders for almost 40 years... can't see jumping ship now, although I may have to go down with it.:banging:

tony hipchest
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I can't help it... we all have our short comings. :sofunny:

I've been rooting for the Raiders for almost 40 years... can't see jumping ship now, although I may have to go down with it.:banging:honest question s&b...

what would be more gratifying for you? keeping 1 of your 2 wins this year (over the superbowl champion steelers), OR giving up that win( to the steelers), finishing 1-15, and watching the them knock out the chargers or broncos out of the playoffs?

A.M.
12-19-2006, 06:43 PM

NM

LOL Did you seriously say that Byron Leftwich was mobile? Thats funny, Isn't he like one of the most immobile QB's? Well I thought that he was anyway.

silver & black
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
honest question s&b...

what would be more gratifying for you? keeping 1 of your 2 wins this year (over the superbowl champion steelers), OR giving up that win( to the steelers), finishing 1-15, and watching the them knock out the chargers or broncos out of the playoffs?

I would take knocking out the Chargers or Broncos any time. I have to admit that I was extremely happy with our win over the Steelers though. It isn't often that a team as bad as the Raiders gets a win over the Superbowl champs.

You and I both know the only reason the Raiders won that game was because the Steelers were out of sink that day, and our D played a great game. Our D has played great all year, for the most part. Too bad the rest of the team, from the water boy on up, sucks.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 01:36 AM
LOL Did you seriously say that Byron Leftwich was mobile? Thats funny, Isn't he like one of the most immobile QB's? Well I thought that he was anyway.

Nope, im saying they need to get a QB who is more mobile than Leftwich.

NM

Preacher
12-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Nope, im saying they need to get a QB who is more mobile than Leftwich.

NM

Funny thing is, in years past, Leftwich would be the type of quarterback the Steelers would love. Stand in the pocket. Throw the ball, hand the ball off, hand the ball off, throw the ball. run two yards. Then stand in teh pocket again.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Funny thing is, in years past, Leftwich would be the type of quarterback the Steelers would love. Stand in the pocket. Throw the ball, hand the ball off, hand the ball off, throw the ball. run two yards. Then stand in teh pocket again.

In years gone by the Steelers had the offensive line to protect the actual Statue Of Liberty :cheers:

NM