PDA

View Full Version : Steelers...basketball what?

A.M.
12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Lol for the past two years I have gone to the Steelers vs. Local Police Department. Now I'm not sure if this is already a thread. But I am not kidding, this is very fun to watch. a couple players come out and they play a basketball game with the local police. And there are a couple names that you would recognize that go:

Ike Taylor
Tai Essex
James Harrison
(2years ago) Antwaan
Ricardo
Willie Parker and then a couple of other backups and stuff

It's pretty fun! Have you guys heard of this? These games are pretty fun to go to and pretty entertaining to watch!

Infamix
12-14-2006, 04:08 PM
That sounds like alot of fun...imagine Starks playing basketball...dude is huge!

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
They usually do one in Hollidaysburg. We had one this year at my school.

MJ5150
12-14-2006, 05:47 PM
The Seahawks did that for years out here. They stopped after one of their starting DB's blew out his ACL and was out for the upcoming season.

-Mike

Stlrs4Life
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
They do this every season, it's part of fundraising for thier charities, and local charities.

Dylan
12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I have, they do it down here in Tyrone, PA. (if you ever heard of it) They play 40 year olds though who were good in high school i guess

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I have, they do it down here in Tyrone, PA. (if you ever heard of it) They play 40 year olds though who were good in high school i guess

I live near by.

Dylan
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Do you, where do you live at?

Stu Pidasso
12-14-2006, 11:56 PM
When and where is the game? I thought it was usually in the off season...

MJ5150
12-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I have, they do it down here in Tyrone, PA. (if you ever heard of it)

Oh yeah! I know where that is. I used to live in Altoona. We would come up to Tyrone to get subs all the time. The name of the place escapes me. :banging:

-Mike

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
That sounds like alot of fun...imagine Starks playing basketball...dude is huge!

funny you should say that a couple weeks ago when Stan Savran had Starks on his weekly show they were broadcasting from the Pitt basketball game and Stan mentioned that Starks was a hell of a basketball player.

Stillers43
12-15-2006, 11:46 AM
They play the games in the offseason, usually in the spring. I have watched a few of them growing up. Eric Green and Neil O'Donnell were great basketball players. In 1998, I got actually play in one of the games in Hermitage, PA. I was doing my student teaching at the time and was ask to play with the teachers. It was a lot of fun, but I got in a fight with Oliver Gibson. The Steelers wanted you to move out of the way so they could dunk for the crowd. I am too competitive for that. I had a hard foul on one the players, then Oliver Gibson threw the basketball at me. So, I threw back at him and hit him in the back of the head. I almost got killed! The refs made me apologize so I could continue to play in the second half. We ended up losing by 1 point! It was the time of my life. The students couldn't believe that I did that! I earn a lot of respect from them.

nicesteel4life
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM
HELL YEAH Stillers43 did! Thought he was going to get killed! I wasen't helping Oliver was BIG! But he got me Andre Colmans Auto to add to my collection.

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah! I know where that is. I used to live in Altoona. We would come up to Tyrone to get subs all the time. The name of the place escapes me. :banging:

-Mike

You mean Sheetz???

MJ5150
12-18-2006, 01:24 AM
You mean Sheetz???

No, I know Sheetz. It was a small sandwich shop on the way out of town, heading up to the drive-through place where you can buy beer. I haven't been there in seven years, so my memory is really shady right now.

-Mike