PDA

View Full Version : Some extra people for your christmas list

siss
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I've joked about this before, but im being serious right now. Without these people, our QB might not be alive today. It truly would have been one of the saddest days in all the NFL history if the unthinkable had happend on June 12 of this year. And these men and women saved Ben, and for that I think we should all say an extra thank you (and maybe bake some cookies for them) that we can watch our QB play again (even if he does lead the league in interceptions).

Daniel Capatolla- One of the paramedics on the scene of the accident.

Scott Everitt- The other paramedic on the scene.

Dr. Maroon- Nerosurgen who came up with the Impact test and, according to me, the smartest Brain surgen ever!

Dr. Daniel Pituch, the chief of the division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mercy Hospital. And the 5 other very smart doctors and there respective alma maters for educating these doctors.

All the nurses and other doctors who helped put Big Ben back together again.

The Doctors that perfomred his Appendectomy ( I couldnt find there names)

All the doctors at UPMC.

I hear they some of the best in the world and we are very very lucky to have them work on our Steelers.

This will not be Bens best season, but I can live with that because at least he is out there. He has shown a tremendous amout of leadership and heart this season, even when we were loosing. Its always fun when your winning, but you find out who your leaders are when your loosing. I cant think of a lot of people who would have played dispite everything that happend to him. He's been threw a lot. And I believe that 2007 will be a much better year for him (it has the whole 7 thing going for him).
NO matter what happens the rest of this season, just know that as steelers fans, its a lot better then not having him out there at all.

PAMillerGrrl83
12-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I completly agree. Some people from our church are dropping off cards at the hospitals. I'm going to attempt to deliver the cards to Dr. Maroon and Dr. Pituch myself and thank them. But I agree with your post 100%.

tony hipchest
12-16-2006, 02:17 PM
it was definitely sketchy those initial hours when he was listed in critical condition. having to wonder if he would even live, let alone play football again was trying, not only for us fans, but especially the team.

and to think he couldve easilly ruptured his spleen or something and suffer the same fate as chris simms.

herewegosteelers
12-16-2006, 02:41 PM
God bless them. I remember when I heard about the accident I was driving & had to pull over. What a scary day. Thank the good lord & the people who saved our Big Ben!:tt02:

klick81
12-17-2006, 03:32 AM
Very true. Thanks to all those awesome doctors!!!

MJ5150
12-17-2006, 04:00 AM
You can also stop by your local hospital and thank the doctors, nurses, and paramedics who save plain old average people like us.

It happens all day every day, and no one really cares unless it is their friend or family.

-Mike

Elvis
12-17-2006, 08:05 AM
You can also stop by your local hospital and thank the doctors, nurses, and paramedics who save plain old average people like us.

It happens all day every day, and no one really cares unless it is their friend or family.

-Mike

Great point...
The good Lord has blessed us all in so many ways that we will not ever know about in this lifetime... I just hope that everyone including Ben has said thanks to the Lord for all our good fortunes this season and year. I just hope that everyone will just sit back and think about everything that the Lord has blessed you and your families with this year. I know I have several times.. he has blessed me with a beautiful wife and a great step son and my first child this year... my little angel Hailey ....Cant beat that here on earth in my opinion.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL:wave:

polamalufan43
12-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I almost forgot about all of them. The Lord has blessed us with such good doctors. I remember exactly what happened that day, I started to think "what if he can't walk," but then it came to "Is he gonna live," Wow, at least he's ok for the most part now. Merry Christmas to all the doctors and those who helped and supported Ben.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: